Someone fictional

Is it possible to evoke somone from fiction?

Yes. It is practically de rigeur for Chaos mages. Pick up a book on Chaos Magick, like Pop Culture Magick by Taylor Ellwood or go to some Chaos Magick boards. There are tons of articles about evoking fictional characters on the internet.

Agreed, right now I have Mark Watney, protagonist of The Martian, book version (who looks a lot more like his creator Andy Weir than Matt Damon) in my Cabinet Of Invisible Counselors - he’s there for positivity, determination, breaking things down into steps, and stuff like that.

I was talking to him just before I logged in. :slight_smile:

Although his best quotation is from the movie, not the novel (video clip), the character I met in the book who’s a lot more nerdy just found his way in, somehow, and he’s been an absolute star player - I evoke him sometimes for a chat (by which I mean, I summon him and see him, and he talks to me and brings up ideas I would never have had on my own).

I’ve evoked other fictional characters but he’s the most amazing, because I did my Cabinet one time and he was just sitting there at my right, with his slightly receding high hairline and glasses (they got that right in the movie at the end), playing with a paperclip.

The weirdest thing is that he seems to have agency of his own, dervived from book (80%), film (20%) so yes - I evoke and communicate with anything or anyone, so long as they’re helpful, and concepts of “reality” be damned! :smiley:

Humans seem to be distinct in that we can create fictional beings, fictional worlds, and have them take on a life of their own (something almost all authors describe, Stephen King has written about that a lot) and that is an exercise of the godlike ability to create new life, so whatever you label them - egregores, thought-forms, delusions of a warped mind :o) - they’re tangible, powerful, and they can Do Stuff.

2 Likes

I’ve heard of people evoking anime and manga characters.

The next question is how do I do it?

Any of them you reccomend?

The next question is how do I do it?[/quote] Not sure on the specifics because I like evoking gods and demons more. Evoking something fictional doesn’t really appeal to me all that much. At least not right now. I think Raven has a video on it.

Same way you’d normally evoke a spirit, it’s the same basic idea - non-phsyical being, any links you may have will help, like images, or their book, DVD, stuff like that.

1 Like

Same way you’d normally evoke a spirit, it’s the same basic idea - non-phsyical being, any links you may have will help, like images, or their book, DVD, stuff like that.[/quote]

So would it be like meditating on their image and personality and saying outloud. “I evoke [name of spirit]” What if you don’t know their personality before evoking them? Do you just ask them to leave afterwards?

Any of them you reccomend?[/quote]I’d recommend Pop Culture Magick by Taylor Ellwood, mainly because he is an experimental magician and has many different methods for using fictional characters in magick.

Edit to add: Re the question above. Use their fiction for preparatory immersion. That will help you to understand their personality.

That’s what I do, yes. You can evoke them into an astral temple first if you prefer.

What if you don't know their personality before evoking them?

Best not to evoke ANYTHING unless you have some idea what they’re all about! If they’re fictional, their entire selfhood originates in their representations, they may start bring other stuff to the table (Mark Watney has affiliations to Mercury and eats starlight, for example - not in the book, that’s for sure!) but the core of who they are is within their fictional matrix, and it’s that which they will arise from.

Do you just ask them to leave afterwards?

“Depart as you will, about your business” or something should suffice. If they’re really malevolent, take precautions, maybe send them about their business and establish they can’t come back until deliberately summoned.

1 Like

Ifs better to create your own. That way you do not have to deal with other peoples mess.

I don’t understand. Do you mean that cartoon characters are egregores?

Yes you can evoke fictional characters. For example one can Evoke Batman…but I wouldnt tie into that…as Fiction crosses over into the Non-Fictional World in the form of “Batman Shooters/killers.” It would appear those ferrying Muslims into Europe/UK are utilizing said agenda of Batmans to push Marshal Law. Batman in this case in relation to Merkel ties into Jewish interests.

See why you must be careful what you evoke? You need to first analyze what ties it has on the Unconscious Level. Doing this is an artform of Chaos Magick/Anti-Chaos Magick…so doing it Artfully requires that you be Adept at working with Magickal Cuktural Symbolism.

[quote=“Biosynth, post:14, topic:8395”]Yes you can evoke fictional characters. For example one can Evoke Batman…but I wouldnt tie into that…as Fiction crosses over into the Non-Fictional World in the form of “Batman Shooters/killers.” It would appear those ferrying Muslims into Europe/UK are utilizing said agenda of Batmans to push Marshal Law. Batman in this case in relation to Merkel ties into Jewish interests.

See why you must be careful what you evoke? You need to first analyze what ties it has on the Unconscious Level. Doing this is an artform of Chaos Magick/Anti-Chaos Magick…so doing it Artfully requires that you be Adept at working with Magickal Cuktural Symbolism.[/quote]

In that case. Can’t you just be more specific about who you want to evoke? Like having their specific image in your mind and which specific character you want and which version of them?

I dont understand your question. You can do whatever you want. If you want to be focused on Batman or Superman, then thats what you get.

Batman. I don’t know that evoking him would be very pleasant. The first goth superhero. He seems too dark and unpredictable. Although saying something about darkness on this forum probably wouldn’t have any impact here with people evoking demons and such.