Somebody's popular

Well it looks like E.A. has done it again. Everything from the divination course to a response to question on Facebook the mention of E.A. brings out the controversy.

http://www.evocationmagic.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9275

http://www.evocationmagic.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9278

http://www.evocationmagic.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9248

Since E.A. is always busy with the course production, consultations and working with the writers for BALG’s publishing I thought I’d post these links to make E.A. aware of what’s being said about him and his business. He used to post at this forum and thought he may want to respond and clear up any misconceptions or faulty assumptions about him and BALG.

Thanks TWF,

You know it’s funny man. For myself, I had to find out the hard way, regarding spending money on “a few good books” and “dedication”…blah blah blah. Of course I’m talking about the posts on EVo Magic.

OK bro, well which “few good books” are we or YOU talking about? There are Thousands of books on Tarot out there. So, someone takes that to heart, oK and what about the money? As I said in my critical review of the Divination course (I’m fucking paraphrasing myself):

You are going to spend at least $200 in books, $20 -$35 in a Tarot Deck. Why not just spend the $300 and get the course from someone who has already done this, plus have the support of the BALG Forum etc.?

I don’t know man. Fuck those guys. I’m too busy hanging out over here posting in the Flkuffycatz threads, doing my Divination Course, and making alliances with people that are open/like minded.

I said it before & I’ll say it again. $300, $3,000, .03…doesn’t matter when the person doing the “looking” doesn’t see any value.

This is

It was only a matter of time, I think. Someone’s always going to claim to know “the correct and proper way” of doing things and slander those they dont agree with. Just look at some of the ridiculous shit that was said about Crowley in his day.

It looks as if these people did nothing more than glance at EA’s work and immediately started looking for holes and inconsistencies. Meh.

Given the fluid nature of magic, people are bound to have their own ways of doing things, but going so far as to accuse him of running a scam is a bit ridiculous, all of his information can easily be cross-referenced if you have the ambition to do so.

[quote=“TheLotusEater, post:3, topic:1257”]It looks as if these people did nothing more than glance at EA’s work and immediately started looking for holes and inconsistencies. Meh.

Given the fluid nature of magic, people are bound to have their own ways of doing things, but going so far as to accuse him of running a scam is a bit ridiculous, all of his information can easily be cross-referenced if you have the ambition to do so.[/quote]

Unh! but Lotuseaterrrr that’s no fun! How are baseless assumptions going to be made if research and references get brought into the argument!? I saw other people bash him so I’m going to hop on the bandwagon too!

Mode you bring up a good point well I often see people state they learned the same thing elsewhere but rarely qualify the source. Is it because their afraid that source may get mocked by their peers as well?

Haters gonna hate.

Wasn’t it Plato who said that?

Ive wondered a few times how many people of this mentality have confronted EA during his career, and Im even more curious as to how he deals with them :wink:

I always found it interesting that those who bash him hardest are never present or reply to threads where he responds or gives his own insights.

What I find funny, is that they’re happy to criticise his work, but never take the time to verify if what EA talks about is actually works or not. They were way too focused on semantics, potato, potartoe. Who gives a shit, actions speak louder than words.

Now granted (and I hate to say it) this web site does have a real kinda tacky ‘marketing’ feel to it and I can see where people who judge a book by its cover get turned off. But if they would look beyond that minor aspect, they would realise how legitimate EA’s work really is. Besides EA needs to making some sort of money for his efforts (I know I would) and good on him for chasing his dreams and making it a reality.

But Soundwave brought up the best point “haters gonna hate”. That is true within any field of study, sport, entertainment, religion etc. No matter how good or legitimate someone’s work or skill is, you can always count on some arsehole to come along and take a big smelly shit on it.

It was only a matter of time, I think. Someone's always going to claim to know "the correct and proper way" of doing things and slander those they dont agree with. Just look at some of the ridiculous shit that was said about Crowley in his day.

To be fair, that goes both ways, and EA has had a remark or to to make about other kinds of magicians too. I haven’t seen anything I’d call uncivil though from anyone of import.

[quote=“TheWanderingFool, post:1, topic:1257”]Well it looks like E.A. has done it again. Everything from the divination course to a response to question on Facebook the mention of E.A. brings out the controversy.

http://www.evocationmagic.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9275

http://www.evocationmagic.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9278

http://www.evocationmagic.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9248

Since E.A. is always busy with the course production, consultations and working with the writers for BALG’s publishing I thought I’d post these links to make E.A. aware of what’s being said about him and his business. He used to post at this forum and thought he may want to respond and clear up any misconceptions or faulty assumptions about him and BALG.[/quote]

You know, every once in a while I take a chance to look at a place like that where I used to search for answers and wade through endless bullshit for even a gem of truth or a pearl of wisdom.

After reading these threads, this was my reaction

I think I’ll stick to this forum, instead of eating bullshit fed to me by a bunch of ignorant and arrogant pricks, who know nothing about magick.

PEARLS OF WISDOM FROM THE FORUM MENTIONED, REGARDING THE MASTERING DIVINATION PROGRAM.

(Their comments are numbered and quoted, my thoughts on them are in the following parenthesis)

1.“It’s honestly not for everyone. If you have the money to burn, and the will to practice, you could do better and you could do worse. It is, in my opinion, quite a bit of money to spend on a divination course, where a few good books and dedication can get you at a better place.”

(Well that was insightful, we start with two possibilities, and we end with two possibilities, uncertain and indecisive, the best kind of internet advice. The second part of the statement is strange, because I never had a problem affording his course materials, because the magick he gave me always generated far more money than it cost me to get a personal consultation)

2.“You never get something for nothing”

(In a giant post, this took over a fucking page just talking about this line. The person who posted this, is posting it mainly in response to Koetting and he admits this) (seriously, when the fuck did E.A. ever present powers of the gods with no work, no practice, and $300, get fucking real! Just for you I’m going to add a post from Koettings Become A Living God Ebook, so you can actually understand what the hell he’s selling.

1. "That guy did inspire the name of the thread, yes. But my post is aimed at and was written for the benefit of anyone who thinks that common sense is overrated. He’s not the first to go that route, nor is he the last. Consider this:

Since he teaches omniscience and since we can only teach what we know ourselves, it follows that he is either omniscient or he is not teaching omniscience.

Which one is it?

If he is omniscient, why does he need your money? If he isn’t, why are you giving your money to him?"

(Yeah, suddenly now that he’s omniscient, his daughter and wife no longer need food, clothing, shelter, vehicles to drive, or any provisions for the future, now that he’s omniscient he doesn’t need to plan for the future, I’m sure that his daughter’s college money, and his retirement funds will start spontaneously appearing in his bank account now that he’s omniscient. Makes perfect sense against a basic reality check. What, do you expect that means??? E.A. can get a winning powerball ticket every Saturday?!?, Jesus Tap Dancing Christ!)

1. "I was very disappointed in the course. I took copious notes thinking it was the real thing.

It was put together very fast, for instance the pdf has a page about chicken bones, which he never talks about in the videos.

The only good this has been is to put several of us onto the path of scrying.

You ain’t gonna learn much from this program. The first 3 vids he goes on and on about what you’re going to learn.

And then you don’t."

The person responsible for this above comment neglects to mention the next video is over 2 hours of in depth explanation for how to do tarot, and the video after that shows you how to consciously contact entities. I know because I purchased the program and actually used it.

For someone who didn’t even know how to even scry by their own admission, your claims about these parts containing nothing on divination seem to reveal that you watched nothing after the third video. Which is very sad, and I am sad that you missed out on such good material.

PERSONAL NOTE:

MOST OF THESE POSTERS CANNOT STOP TALKING ABOUT HOW THIS COURSE DOESN’T AUTOMATICALLY MAKE YOU OMNISCIENT, AND HOW IT’S A WASTE OF MONEY.

MY RESPONSE TO SUCH RIDICULOUS CLAIMS:

MAYBE IF YOU TOOK 5 MINUTES TO READ WHAT E.A. WROTE ABOUT WHY HE NAMED HIS PROGRAM WHATEVER THE FUCK HE FELT LIKE, YOU WOULDN’T MORE CONFUSED THAN A CHINESE PERSON WHO IS ALLERGIC TO RICE!! THAT’S NOT THE PURPOSE, THAT’S NOT HOW IT WORKS, AND THAT’S NOT THE RESULT YOU SHOULD EXPECT!

I have not logged into evocation magick in over a year, and I will probably not ever again. After reading that, that forum has lost all meaning to me.

One time, I booked a personal consult with E.A. Some people scoffed at the price, and still do. But after an hour of talking to him, I felt prepared enough to work with the entities he provided, and do the work he set forth.

The first time I ever did sigil magick as koetting instructed me during a private consultation, I was able to bag upwards of $2,500. I purposely tried to manifest that amount, and received several hundred dollars extra. I have found every book I’ve bought from him to be useful, every program purchased helpful, and all the concerned parties seem to be concerned about is the semantics these were marketed with. That’s not the point, it works, and it works quick. If you don’t see that, you didn’t work the material.

I really can’t believe how out of context everything in this conversation was.

THIS IS WHAT E.A. WRITES ABOUT THE THREE GODLIKE POWERS, HOW HE DEFINES THEM. THIS IS STRIPPED DIRECTLY FROM HIS BOOK, AND IF HE WANTS IT REMOVED, I WILL REMOVE IT. BUT I’M POSTING IT TO CLEAR UP CONFUSION.

"There are Three Godlike Powers that, once Mastered,
open the doors to your limitless potential, so that you can
literally Become a Living God!

1. DIVINATION is the First Godlike Power. It is
    omniscience. Know anything, anytime! Become allknowing.
  2. EVOCATION is the Second Godlike Power. It is
    omnipotence. Get anything, anytime. Become allpowerful.
  3. SOUL TRAVEL is the Third Godlike Power. It is
    omnipresence. Be anywhere, anytime. Become allpresent.
    All of my teachings, my books, seminars, and
    programs focus on teaching the 3 Godlike Powers, and
    then refining them to perfection.
    Once you have mastered these 3 Godlike Powers, or
    3GP, as I refer to them in my own practice, you will
    literally Become a Living God!

What This Book Will Do For You

When you begin applying the methods outlined in
this e-book to develop, master, and refine the 3GP, you
WILL find yourself developing powers and abilities far
beyond anything that you could have previously
imagined. You will be able to manifest as much wealth in
your life as you would like; you will be able to create the
types of personal and intimate relationships that will fulfill
your every need; you will be able to achieve all of your
dreams and ambitions; you will be able to contribute to
the world at large at whatever scope of influence that you
desire. In short, you will be in complete control of the
circumstances of life, and of even your destiny – all with
nonphysical action.

This is just the starting point, though. Through the
application of these methods, you will find that indeed
you have Become a Living God."

Non physical action, is not the same as no action.

Best of Luck,
-Frater Apotheosis

Heroin is the only thing that can instantly make you good at divination

Well said FA, I also felt like the gorilla…

Ya know the ironic thing is at face value you would actually expect the forum called BECOME A LIVING GOD to be the one full of egotistical assholes.

I recall saying not long ago

Yeah I left evocationmagic because as I said before alot of guys there tend to put themselves in boxes about what magic is without even considering the possibility that there might be something beyond what they considered. For example there was this one guy who was asking about shapeshifting and getting super streingth and they banned him. Granted he like fluffy could have gone about things in a better way. But still he got kicked off the site for making a disscussion about something which some of the admin didn’t believe in which made them think the guy was a troll. IMO he wasn’t he was just someone who just underestimated what it takes to get to what they were asking for.

Well there are a couple other things too I don’t know if there are any that are 100% legal though.

Anyway all that being said I am genuinly curious what ea meant by that comment he made about the egregores.

Ryan,

“They were way too focused on semantics, potato, potartoe”

I fucking ABSO-LU-TELY LOVE potartoes!!! For those of you who don’t know what Ryan and I already know about the delicacy OF Potartoes…they are:

1. One part Potato

2. One part hemp (ya know) the “pot” part

3. One part human flanges…the toes.

Potartoes

Anyways, Ryan brings up an interesting point here regarding BALG Forum feel. The software that runs this joint is more an out-of-the-box app…which is fine. The reality of it is that most people are more concerned with the content of this forum than the overall looks of it. I get it. And this all comes down to budget too.

It’s a constant juggling of real priorities and “perceived” priorities when involved in running a business. I’m sure if/when the budget presents itself That Timothy and EA will change all this shit to exceed expectations.

I can tell you one thing for sure…EA never skimped on the material he presents in his books or the production of said books. THAT’S really putting you money where your mouth is.

As far as Evo Mag goes - Uhmmmm HOW MANY Occult books did the posters write in 7 years???

…thought so bitches!

[quote=“Mode_439, post:16, topic:1257”]As far as Evo Mag goes - Uhmmmm HOW MANY Occult books did the posters write in 7 years???

…thought so bitches![/quote]
HAH!! Very good point! People love to point fingers and critique others in a very hostile way. However when you see their accomplishments they are lacking quite a bit. People just need to learn to STFU.

I just want to rip that middle link to shreds so fucking bad. His entire argument amounts to, “Quod ubique, quod semper, quod ab omnibus creditum est,” which you may recognize as The Biggest Cop-out in the History of Human Stupidity.

Evocationmagick is stamped forever in my mind as the site that resurrected and obsessed over old Finbarr and Parker Publishing titles like New Avatar Power, while actual accounts of evocation experiences started rare and dwindled down to none. And most of the members were the Pappa Freud, Israel Regardie “let’s piss on everything that violates western materialism” school of Zombie Magick (Night of the Living Brain-Dead). So the substantive people with real experience got scoffed at by…wait for it… skeptical materialist magicians…and eventually quit posting.
That was actually the way of every magical forum I was ever on - including a private, off-radar one. Everybody with experience and an open mind gets driven out by know-it-all armchair trolls and the Eternal September Brigrade (“New Topic: Is magic real?”…grrrroan ). And the mods always have ridiculous peacenick rules against mocking people or putting them in their place, so there’s NO check on arrogant assholery. (One New Age nutbag who can barely write or understand English and is immune from attack is all it takes to wreck a magic forum.)
Now that I think of it, the last forum I left was over people bad-mouthing Koetting. I still get PM’s sometimes from people thanking me for my last exasperated rant.

“(“New Topic: Is magic real?”…grrrroan )”

I know dude…it’s like uhm…I’m on a fucking forum about Magick. Pay heed to Sultitan_Itan’s post…a lot of insight here.

PLUS he uses the imfamous “underscore”_ Only a select few online identities possess the dark power to use it!

Mode_439

Well… I mean really it’s not so terrible honestly. I mean, are there a lot of silly comments, yea. But to consider that it’s any more immature than some of the things that have gone on here… I can’t say that this is necessarily a fair statement. This community is small, a lot smaller than evocation magic. But elitism is ever-present here, and a lot of the people on this forum have the same degree of steadfast loyalty to Koetting’s work that others will have for The Keys of Solomon.

I mean, when I saw what went down with the whole Fluffycatz thing, and some of the bickering that went on because of her, it was like, “Oh yes, it seems this forum has reached ‘that point’.” We all know she was a bit reckless, but with her people were making grand statements about what magic “really is”, even though we all got a lot to learn. The thread, which she tried to kill, is not a haven for sarcasm and trolling… I mean really?

I’m not bashing anyone, I’m just saying that those posts, in my opinion, weren’t that terrible, albeit some of it was downright erroneous or presumptuous. But honestly, you could piece together a lot of EA’s books for yourself, and reading his books was more like a confirmation for me rather than a revelation. I’m sure it was that way for at least some people, and although I was starry-eyed at first, after a while it was like, “I wish I woulda just done this before reading another book where I need to be told that my idea was actually valid.”

Arrogance… more than enough of that is definitely here, and I’ll include myself easily, even though i can’t think of many reasons why I should be arrogant at all. But this forum certainly is not exempt from the qualities that evocationmagic possesses, and I kinda feel that if they were talking about another author in this same fashion, no one would even care here. Wouldn’t make it any less arrogant, self-righteous, or ignorant. It just wouldn’t be about EA, and I can’t say that this wouldn’t be happening a lot more here if the group were as large as it is in evocationmagic. I may not be saying the popular thing, but this is at least how it appears from what I have seen going down on both that forum and here