Some occult related movies?

Any movies based on the occult, other than the obvious eg the craft (which I’ve seen many times and love) ? Of course there’s my all time favourite, the tv show Charmed (which centres more around Wicca with random bursts of all different ideology systems and mythical creatures from all over) I’ve always loved things about ‘the devil’ and Faustian pacts, or anything about 3 wishes etc. Is there anything outright about things like the goetia? (The less annoying grisly monster creatures the better - I much prefer something that’s more true to life!)

2 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Removed posts

E.A.s whole YT channel.

Movies? Eh, none of them, really. They’re like reading old grimores, if you don’t know what isn’t a blind or deliberate rubbish, you can’t trust any of it.

For pure entertainment, I quite like Constantine. The Order/The Sin Eater 2003 with Heath Ledger was cool.

4 Likes

Mr. Frost, Angel Heart, Night of the Demon, and Black Sunday are some of my favorite occult-themed films. Also, The Cremaster Cycle films are occult themed in a more abstract sense. And then there are the Kenneth Anger films.

7 Likes

Thanks! I’ll check them out :kissing_heart::heart:

1 Like

Eyes wide shut, stanley kubrick, a very good film, talks about the occult elite, secret societies, and “Eyes wide shut” reveals a hidden side of the elite that is rarely shown to the masses. The film not only portrays the richest and most powerful people in the world participating in occult rituals, but also shows how this circle also has the power to exploit slaves, to persecute people, and even to go away innocent with sacrifice murders…

7 Likes

A Dark Song is about the Abramelin Rite. It was an interesting movie. It doesn’t get much more occult than this as far as movies go and has an element of realism to it lacking in most movies like this, especially crappy American ones that try to take on these kinds of themes. I highly recommend this one. It sounds like it’s what you’re looking for.

9 Likes

OMG! No that sounds RIGHT up my street!!! I’ve been wondering for a long time, after reading a conspiracy theory, if some distant members of the family of my late hero (c a S e y j o h n S o n, j&j heiress) have ever been involved in such things

Thankyou! <3

Rosemary’s Baby
Wishmaster
The Exorcist
Buffy
Angel
Lucifer

You’ll find that Hollywood films are riddled with occult symbolism even if it isn’t in your face like in horror movies. Pocession, transhumanism, stories about fallen gods (superhero movies) are all common themes that are inspired by the occult. There are some hidden gems in Tales from the Crypt and the Twilight Zone series.

5 Likes

Love those last two !

2 Likes

Halloweentown!

1 Like

Simon, King of the Witches is an absolute classic. Is it good by today’s production standards? Not at all.

Is it a cheesy, 1970s era good time? Absolutely.

4 Likes

Only thing I can think of is fullmetal Alchemist. It’s a good introduction to real world alchemy and sigil magik. Also, equivalent exchange. That’s a big one.

5 Likes

Highlander the series.

1 Like

The Wicker Man and not the Nicholas Cage bag of shite remake either. Insist on the original!

Pagans 1 Christians 0 :+1:

The Devil Rides Out

60’s Hammer Horror. A bit dated but Christopher Lee does a good job of doing the LBRP

5 Likes

I thought The Ninth Gate with Johnny Depp, directed by Roman Polanski was really good, it still intrigues me. Hereditary, The Hunger are a few I like…

5 Likes

I loved the tv show Lucifer! The actor who plays Lucifer, wow–I’ve had many many fantasies about him (not the man but Lucifer with that dapper personality) sigh…

The Black Room on Netflix was one of the few horror movies on Netflix that I actually enjoyed (I’ve been disappointed by so many). It’s campy horror with some 80’s B-movie horror elements. Some parts are realistic & other parts are total cheesy horror movie bs. But it was fun & I laughed a decent amount. The Vvitch was also good. I thought The Conjuring was good. I love the series Paranormal Survivor – maybe a fourth or a third of the cases scare me & the rest are usually funny.

1 Like

Nothing better than 60’s/70’s vintage B movies about witchcraft.

2 Likes