Some help with dreams?

Hi guys, I’m not sure if I’m in the right place for this post, please let me know if not! I’m having a bit of confusion and I hope someone can help a bit.
Since I was young I always had really vivid dreams that I can remember but for the past several years they’ve become more elaborate. It’s almost like I wake up in someone else’s body, I often look different, have a different name, in a different time, place, a different language spoken etc. It doesn’t feel like I’m someone else in my dreams though, it just feels like I woke up and I’m a different person in the sense that I know the people around me and the situation at hand as well as what my goal at the moment is. They’re always spirit/ god/ demon related but I’m not always able to pin point any specific information (as in names) nor do they always correspond to each other. I’ve only had a dream or two where I’ve actually “entered” someone’s dream, and not many where the occurrences end up happening but they’re always very spiritual. The best way I can describe this feeling is like entering a parallel universe? When I ask people about this they usually tell me it’s related to astral projection but it really seems very different from that.

My question is, has anyone experienced this on a regular basis as well, and if so what would you chalk it up as?

2 Likes

Lucid Dreams Brother…!!!

2 Likes

Lucid dreaming

1 Like

Yeah … Lucid Dreaming

1 Like

Thank you for your answers! If you don’t mind me asking, i thought lucid dreaming meant you were in control of your dream/ somewhat conscious or aware that you’re dreaming? In these dreams i don’t actually realize it’s a dream until I wake up, I’m usually aware and in control in a lot of other ones. Is this still part of lucid dreaming?

1 Like

Well control can simply be talking not as in watching yourself talk but you the dreamer talk or make a decision in the dream or decide to stop walking. It doesn’t have to be a whole scene or major activities

1 Like

Thank you very much, this clears things up for me

1 Like

Umm…tell me one thing Stevie?

I wonder though, because I’ve personally had a theory that sometimes when I think I’m dreaming, I’ve actually slipped into the consciousness of an alternate version of myself. I’m lucid, very much so, but the world around me acts like the material plane rather than what you would expect from a dream world or astral realm. This theory was just a fantasy for the longest time until I began experiencing completely extra-terrestrial worlds in the same manner.

1 Like

That theory would make sense to how it feels actually, I’m interested to hear more about your experiences! It’s lucid in the sense that I’m doing things but like you said it’s as if it’s a different version of myself, the version of me who is asleep doesn’t really exist in my head whereas many other lucid dreams I can say “okay I’m just dreaming, I can do x y and z” these ones feel more like I just started living in somebody else’s body if that makes sense? I suppose it’s like you said it’s more like it’s an alternate version of myself

One thing? Sure?

My husband experienced an entire year in another life during one REM cycle, myself the longest I have lived in an alternate life was two weeks.

3 Likes

vivid dream in astral body

2 Likes

Wow that must have been some experience! Probably a bit disorienting when waking up I’d assume

2 Likes

Wow honestly I have never heard of this experience/ types of dreams happening to anyone else, no lie it makes me feel way less crazy. I thought I was just looking too into things but I’m glad to hear it from someone else. Also this might sound silly but I’ve never heard of dream walking or traveling to alternate dimensions in this way, thank you for telling me about your experiences!

Have you found anything that might help with getting it under control or maybe learning more about them?

Awareness. I found that while its a different end result, most lucid dreaming methods help in easing the transition and retention of your experiences. Meditation and working with the other methods of exploration will help too, so that you develop a better sense of what each is clearly like and can identify what state you are in.

I will definitely spend some time concentrating and working on this, it’s nice to know that the same techniques with lucid dreaming can help. Thank you!

Most welcome, I look forward to hearing of any progress you eventually make.

1 Like