Solomon's Magic

What do you think of this?

She needs to do some research. There was no sinister plan to alter the Bible. She also fails to mention the two Books of the Maccabees are in the Catholic Bible. The other 12 books, while not in the Catholic Bible, are considered canonical by the Catholic Church. They’re readily available for anyone wishing to read them. Honestly, the Protestants got it right. They really add nothing being in, nor do they subtract anything by being out of, the Bible.

History, teaching stories, etc. They’re not in the Hebrew Torah, either, and the Torah is the Old Testament of the Christian Bible. They were unknown until some 400 years after the birth of Christianity, when a Greek translation of the Old Testament was acquired by a European Monk. Those 14 books were in it. The Church had always been iffy about them, because of their absence from the Old Testament they had been familiar with for centuries.

I’ve read them (yawn), lol. Seriously, it’s quite the non-issue. And you need to remember, these were written pre-christianity, so it’s all Old Testament stuff, and if you’re a Christian, who cares?

[quote=“chef1964, post:2, topic:5450”]She needs to do some research. There was no sinister plan to alter the Bible. She also fails to mention the two Books of the Maccabees are in the Catholic Bible. The other 12 books, while not in the Catholic Bible, are considered canonical by the Catholic Church. They’re readily available for anyone wishing to read them. Honestly, the Protestants got it right. They really add nothing being in, nor do they subtract anything by being out of, the Bible.

History, teaching stories, etc. They’re not in the Hebrew Torah, either, and the Torah is the Old Testament of the Christian Bible. They were unknown until some 400 years after the birth of Christianity, when a Greek translation of the Old Testament was acquired by a European Monk. Those 14 books were in it. The Church had always been iffy about them, because of their absence from the Old Testament they had been familiar with for centuries.

I’ve read them (yawn), lol. Seriously, it’s quite the non-issue. And you need to remember, these were written pre-christianity, so it’s all Old Testament stuff, and if you’re a Christian, who cares?[/quote] thank you, I was referring to the video you can watch if you scroll down a bit, it is all about solomon’ s magic, I found it very interesting and want to try my black mirror in the circle next time…