Solitary witch looking for info + Introduction

Hello everyone,
Greetings from Norway, the northern parts. I’m a solitary pathworker of the anti social kind and ended up here on my quest to find original Cabbalistic sources on the Qliphoth.
I have read a few modern releases on the subject but was hoping to find more original source material, or books that deal with that. I am not a newbie but have never focused on the Qliphoth until now as my path lead me in this direction. It is something that draws me in and I can’t ignore it.
Thank you in advance for any pointers. Look forward to exploring the forum.

4 Likes

Welcome @NorwegianVVitch It is a rule of this forum for all new members to properly introduce themselves, so please tell us about you and any experience in magick you may have.

What, exactly, do you practice, and how long have you practiced it?

Do you have experience in specific systems or traditions of magick?

Hello, welcome to the forum!

As for the earliest reference to the Qlipoth/Keliopt, the work of Issac Luria is the closest I can find, which was not much and based on his views of the Zohar, which is the origins of the Kabbalah. He viewed the each kelipot as a husk or obstacle one has to pass through in order to reach the sephirot of the Kabbalah. More modern systems seem to link to the work of various members of the Golden Dawn, such as Crowley, E.A. White, and Mathers.

Ah, of course, introduction, sorry, I am just very goal oriented and my mind is only focused on that right now.
It is hard to explain as I don’t work with labels so to speak, no system, just heritage. My heritage is Icelandic and Sami, I grew up learning a little from my grandmother yet always had a strong intuition and followed my instinct rather than a particular path, I always say my path is my own and it is always growing as I go along.

My journey have lasted over 30 years now, it’s been a solitary one for the most part. Grew up in a small town in Norway back in the 80s and 90s, nobody to share my craft with or to exchange experience or experiment with. My craft is a mishmash of Icelandic and Norwegian traditional craft as well as whatever fits in. I have explored all sort through the years in search for more knowledge.
I work with plants and spirits a lot, nature have always been closer to me than other people, that’s where I feel most at home. I do divination when needed, craft my own oils, incense, tinctures etc.
I do not have boundaries, I am very much open for all kinds of magick as I feel it all stems from pretty much the same source and often work quite well together as long as I follow my instinct, my inner voice. I trust that.
But my reason for asking about the Qliphoth is because one of my first explorations as a kid was Hermetic Qabalah, but my source material was shady, mail order prints from Sweden or so, a lot of missing bits and pieces. Back then it was so har to find books, I read through all I could find at the local library, nothing of great interest however. Recently everything have made me retrace my steps and I feel it is time to revisit where I started.
But my point is,I am very much solitary and in my own space. My craft takes up most of my time.

6 Likes

Welcome :blush:

Thank you for elucidating more upon your experience, and again, welcome to the BALG forum. :slight_smile:

I have edited your title to reflect you have met our rule.