So, Living in a household with a religious zealots?

Well don’t be, you have the freedom of religion in America. You need not answer to anybody but your gods!

4 Likes

We also have freedom of religion in Canada. The only difference between the rights of Canada and the US is that in Canada, hate speech is not protected under freedom of speech, whereas in the US it is. But, Canada has free healthcare, and you can start drinking at 18/19 instead of 21, so it’s an easy trade if you ask me.

Edit: America also has the right to bear arms which isn’t the case in Canada.

Slava Bogum

2 Likes

Well, good news is that this still not easy in the United States. Someone has to report you, and you have to be a danger to oneself or to others, and there generally has to be some proof.

My sister-in-law’s sister’s is genuinely crazy but refuses to get treatment. Her family has tried everything, but nothing works. And nothing will work until she voluntarily agrees to treatment. Or until she harms herself, harms someone else, or commits a crime.

1 Like

Yeah, I loathe drama and I won’t instigate it, too much energy wasted.
I would plan on getting out of there asap, and probably grey man, if not stonewall them completely, while I’m there. But I wouldn’t have let them know that much about me in the first place.

1 Like

Yeah, the shit usually starts when they get to know you too much

1 Like

“Hell is other people.” - Jean Paul Sartre

1 Like

Yeah, that is usually how it goes.

1 Like