Smoking!

So basically I have noticed that all of the espiritistas, tatas and spiritual ppl i watch on you tube smoke cigarettes-I started to feel like smoking the occasional one now lol what is it about this work that makes ppl want to smoke? Lol could it be all the tobacco smoke we already work with ? Just curious because I noticed this

5 Likes

The chances are good that they smoked before they got into the spiritual stuff.

I’ve been into magick for many many years and have never once had an urge to smoke.

5 Likes

If you don’t already smoke I suggest not starting.

12 Likes

I used to smoke cigarettes but I have been smoking a pipe exclusively now for a few years, along with an occasional cigar. Well really I use tobacco in pretty much every form except for cigarettes. Those things will kill ya.

4 Likes

I only smoke cigar or two a month these days (plus mugwort in my pipe every so often), last year I smoked at least a pack of cigarettes a week. I started smoking due to my grandpa, uncle and even my favorite comic book hero being heavy smokers :grin: Cigarettes were somewhat useful as a platform for certain spells but honestly not worth the effect they have on your health or wallet. Cant say any spirits influenced my smoking habits, other than giving tips on how to utilize it as a tool while I was doing it.

3 Likes

More than likely. That was true for me. My practice is what helped me quit.

5 Likes

There might be a correlation with smoking and spiritual work, you can even smoke a cigar or pipe as an offering among other things. But my advice is if you dont smoke out of habit already, dont start now, and when you do make sure is for something special, in that way it’s not trivialize into a mundane everyday habit, or even an addiction, save yourself the trouble.

7 Likes

Because I’m willing to bet they started young and like most wish they hadn’t!!! I face the constant battle with son about smoking pot and get the proverbial “well you smoke cigarettes that’s worse” (which quantity for quantity it is proven not but that’s not the point) anyways my response is always the same “YES BECAUSE IM STUPID AND WISHED I NEVER HAD!” It is also proven nicotine is the most addictive substance out there- more so then even herion. I strongly urge you not to.

3 Likes

Thank you everyone I will just keep cigars and cigarettes as n offering strictly from now on .

3 Likes

Yyyuuuuupppp

2 Likes

These are the ones my grandfather smoked. I agree it takes me back image|568x500

2 Likes

4 Likes

I also forgot to mention some empirical knowledge that I know ( “I” know :roll_eyes: cocaine is a hell of a drug - YouTube )

many- many former “hard” drug users- you name the flavor I know someone- that have since managed to clear their lives from addiction- of course the urge is a never ending battle and in most cases usually is- but absolutely cannot for anything despite many many attempts quit smoking cigarettes despite kicked herion,meth,coke/crack blah blah… just can’t kick the cigs

4 Likes

Everyone has to buy groceries and put gas in their car. Guess what is there every time you do?

You can stop talking to crack dealers but you can’t avoid access to tobacco, which makes it very difficult because they are sold in places you NEED to go.

4 Likes

Exactly.

3 Likes

Absolutely. In addition to accessibility, social acceptance is an issue.

You can smoke a cig on most streets in America and nobody thinks much of it, but if you were sitting at a bus stop sucking on a meth pipe, the day would end up as a viral video of your arrest titled “flakka freak gets tased”.

Hell, you can often smoke cigarettes in places where you go to get clean from things like heroin or meth.

3 Likes

Flakka freak gets tased made me crack up just now lol

1 Like

Generally, this has nothing to do with magick. As E.A. says, most of the people who are drawn to LHP are people who feel, that in some way, they have lost their power and are trying to reclaim it. This feeling usually results from traumatic life events, specifically in younger years. Now these events tend to manifest a some sort of addiction, smoking being most common. So, since I can speak from experience, I suggest you avoid smoking because its a huge money sink and, of course, theres the looming threat of 7 different cancers you might get. As for quitting, up to a certain point its not difficult, but when you reach half, to a full pack a day, you are well and truly fucked like I am… :joy:

5 Likes

The Drew Estate Naturals line is nearly exclusively what I smoke in cigars. Also Acids, which are also Drew Estate.

2 Likes

I got a box of flor de olivas as a gift around beltaine. Quite a nice smoke for the price, I honestly prefer them to most cubans I have tried

2 Likes