Sleeping and it’s connection with everything?

Hi ive recently been on this forum for a week or couple of days at least now and ive learned so much thanks to everyone on this forum. But what i recently “literally”, recently thought was does not sleeping effect your chakras or anything for that matter dealings with the development of the body nd one’s magic.
Also if one does not sleep nd show no signs of tired or drowsiness does this make them different in anyway?

4 Likes

Sleep is a time for your body and mind to recharge from the day. But, as far as I know, nothing explicitly spiritual happens during sleep. Unless you learn how to lucid dream and perform rituals in your sleep, you’re not usually getting anything spiritual out of sleep.

6 Likes

How can this happen? I haven’t heard that this is possible for humans. Lack of sleep is very unhealthy, raising stress hormones like cortisol. During sleep, the body repairs itself, and replenishes it’s qi or life energy. If you (general ‘you’) didn’t sleep, after a few days you’d involuntarily pass out. Some people are getting good results from periodic sleeping that lets them spend less hours asleep, but they still sleep every day, multiple times a day.

Re the development of the body, that comes under the ‘repair’ part. Muscle hypertrophy occurs during sleep. So if your trying to gain muscle, enough sleep is as crucial as lifting heavy.

4 Likes

i say this because i recently haven’t slept yet nd a new day has begun i was awake through it all it’s currently 3:45 am. But this wasn’t the first time. This happened just the other day too but i think the next day i got sleep. l also have a growling in my stomach every now nd then but it doesn’t bother me to much being that ive had pains way greater than this nd i am still new.

1 Like

The dream aspect of sleep is quite important. According to yogic science in dream one exhausts certain amount of karma, unfulfilled desires etc. Without it ones life will be overloaded by ‘events’ and will be too overwhelming. So that’s the dream aspect. As far as sleep goes, if you can consciously attain a certain Depth of relaxation then no sleep will not bother, cause any damage.

6 Likes

Can confirm. I’ve adapted to a few polyphasic sleep schedules and it’s amazing but even on six 20 minute naps, if you’re off by an hour with one of them you’ll be tired for days.

SWS releases HGH which is where the big recovery comes from. Even on poly sleep I still love a long 3.5h core sleep around 9pm to recover from all the deadlifting I do.

I’m still amazed that 1,700 lb giraffe needs less than 2 hours of sleep per day and mitosis still keeps on doing its thing through their entire lives.

4 Likes