Sleep cycles/breaking a habit help

im looking for a way to assist an annoyance im having:
i work early mornings so im usually going to sleep around 11:30-middnight, my spouse is a night owl however so our sleep schedules dont exactly match up, but she insists on “going
to bed” at the same time i do/following me to bed, but she’ll then just end up watching a movie or reading a,book or doing basicly anything disruptive you could possibly think of all night and theen finally go to sleep around the time im getting up for work.
she claims she “needs her day sleep” and that she can only sleep 8 hours MAXIMUM eveey 16-24 hours… she also states that once she’s been woken up from sleep if it’s less then 8 hours she’s incapable of falling back asleep for at least another 16 hours.
as you can imagine having someone in bed beside you that is as restless and non-tired as a toddler with a sugar high is definately not good for my sleep.
ive tried talking to her about it and she keeps trying to “comprimise” i.e. she’ll wear headphones so the sound of the movie she’s watching doesnt bother me, or she’ll watch said movie on a portable dvd player so it’s not as bright, or she’ll hide the nightlike she needs to see at night behind our bedroom door so it’s not shining directly in my face( coz she’s blind in 1 eye and gets up from the bed during the night costantly and doesnt want to trip on anything)
she’s not getting my complaint that “bed time means sleep time” and that she’s diseupting my sleep habits by not actually going to sleep when she goes to bed with me. but she refuses to listen. i’ve tried telling her to stop following me to bed when i go to sleep because it’s disrupting me and even showed her proof: i have slewp apnia,which all but disappeares for a month when she went to visit her parents and i had the bed to myself, but then came back full force almost immediately when she returned, but nope, she’s just the obsessed with watching me sleep/going to bed with me that she wont listen to me at all.

can anybody recommend a spell or a curse or something that could change her internal clock and turn her into a morning person who is tired/wants to fall asleep by 10pm instead of a night owl who’s up all night? or some type of spell that will give her an aversion to watching me sleep, or something? anything? besides this 1 area of our relationship everywhere else is generally rather enjoyable, so i dont want her to hate me, just want her to stop going to bed at the same time, so i can finallu get a good night sleep

Sleep apnea should be treated seriously, it can get pretty dangerous. Tell your spouse to change her f***ing sleep time or you’ll leave her.

Im a bit surprised that every other area of your relationship is fine due to what you’re dealing with each night. Youre entitled to your own space even if its for sleeping, it sounds like your partner is very insecure and reliant on you,maybe a better idea would be to work on her independence and maybe banish neediness. This should have a knock on effect where she doesnt feel the need to follow you to bed each night.

she did have some "counsellingfor some issues (she has a lot of problems stemming from a couple of heart attacks she had shortly before i met her 5+ years ago) but that was provided thru the college she was attending and the counselling stopped when she graduated school, since then doctors havent really been willing to prescribe therapy because they want to go thru all other possibilities first…also therapy costs a lot of money where i live unless pres ribed by a doctor. she’s also focusing more on her driving anxiety rather then her abandonment issues currently, logicly thinking if she can fix her inability to drive more then w blo ks away she can get a job and help pay for her own therapy to get over her fear of dieing alone… =/

she also gives me space durimg the day when i want/need it so feels i should be acommidating to her when she wants together time at night =.=;

I can advise you: It is called the sleep-wake cycle to the alternation between the states of “being awake” (wakefulness) and “being asleep” (sleep). One theory says that: the amount of sleep we experience depends on the time we are awake before sleeping. That is to say: the longer you stay awake, and the more tired and sleepy you are, the greater the urge to fall asleep and this will make you sleep for longer, until your body reaches normal function again (balance) . In the field of medicine it has been proven that there is a cycle of reactivation - independent suspension that runs at its own pace, but also interacts according to the circadian rhythm. When disorders in the circadian rhythm also called sleep-wake rhythm disorders occur, they are characterized by an inability to sleep due to the mismatch between the cerebral pacemaker that controls the circadian rhythm of the person’s sleep and the desired sleep-wake time schedule or necessary, normal in the environment in which the person develops. The central circadian pacemaker or biological clock is found in the suprachiasmatic nuclei (NSQ) of the anterior hypothalamus, which is regulated by external signals from the environment (zeitgebers, which means “track”, in German), of which the most potent is the exposure In the light-darkness. Light is perceived by the retina, which modulates the synthesis of melatonin (“darkness hormone”) and helps synchronize the internal clock and the natural day-night alternation. In addition, artificial light and the time of its exposure can modify the production pattern of melatonin and affect sleep.

On the other hand, according to its exposure, the patient has to present the circadian rhythm disorder (TrC). In circadian rhythm disorders (TrC) the quantity and quality of sleep is normal but they occur at an incorrect time according to the usual schedules. In them, the circadian pacemaker is delayed or ahead of the desired time or may simply be out of adjustment. In other words, if the patient presents this pathology, the patient is already SICK. To diagnose the patient we rely on these points:

1. Phase delay syndrome
  2. Time zone offset syndrome (Jet Lag)
  3. Shift worker
  4. Phase advance syndrome
  5. Rhythm of sleep-irregular vigil
  6. Free rhythm syndrome (hypernictameral)

After explaining this, does the spell request still stand?

1 Like

i actually already knew most of this and she does have circadian rythem problems (or so she says according to medical diagnosis she had prior to me knowing her? )
i get that not everybody is perfect and we have issues, i dont care if she sleeps during the day and is up all night, or goes to sleep with me, i just want her to gtfo of bed if she’s going to be active for the next 8 hours while im trying to sleep…it’s like a roommate the purposesly waits til you go to sleep to practixe their bagpipe…

my request still stands… but im ok with any type of possible magical help?
a spell to change her circadian rythem perhaps?
or a spell to help her get the medical/theraputic attention she needs? or the drive/ambition to get the medical attention? (she’s overly adament that “doctors have tried everything when i was younger (15-20 years ago) there’s nothing they can do this is just how it is”)
or spell to give her strength/courage when it comes to being alone?

one of the previous commenters hit it very much spot on in my opinion, she doesnt want to be alone/is a little too obsessive over me? so, maybe a spell to make her more ok with being alone/independant?

(if i missed any more gramar/spelling errors, sorry im on my phone and it’s a tiny screen so i dont often spot errors… my english is not normally this bad, i swear!)

Please reconsider cursing your wife because she won’t let you sleep at night. I’m not saying it to be all preachy and judging you, because trust me, I totally understand why you feel the need to go this route. I’m just saying, if all other areas of your life and marriage are good, don’t bring in any negative energy with a curse, because you don’t know how that energy will disperse, causing more issues, than just the one you’re having.

As a doctor I recommend:
Melatonin: Its involvement in the regulation of the sleep-wake cycle, the improvement of jet-lag symptoms and the phase delay syndrome has been demonstrated. Its mechanism of action is unknown, but it can be related to the interaction with melatonin receptors of the suprachiasmatic nucleus. Studies on its hypnotic efficacy are inconclusive, and there are no data on the optimal dose, schedule of administration, indications, contraindications and toxicity. There are currently 3 presentation formats of melatonin, which is immediate release with an average duration of effect of 3 hours, prolonged release with an effect duration of 6-7 hours but with a later onset of effect and finally the mixed presentation that combines the immediate release with prolonged release. We must clarify that these types of melatonin are used differently according to the circadian rhythm disorder we face. For example, in a phase delay disorder we will be interested in a fast-acting melatonin, and in an irregular rhythm disorder, a prolonged-release one.

After the help of this drug if I see you recommend something in the spiritual area, I am leaving the office when I get home I write again.

Call upon Hypnos, the god of sleep.

As I explained, Circadian rhythms (rC) are intrinsic biological rhythms of a periodic nature that manifest themselves with an interval of 24 hours. The central circadian pacemaker or biological clock is found in the suprachiasmatic nuclei (NSQ) of the anterior hypothalamus, which is regulated by external signals from the environment, when the central circadian pacemaker or biological clock enters an imbalance due to exposure to light-dark the problem is aggravated, because the light is perceived by the retina, which modulates the synthesis of melatonin (“hormone of darkness”) and this is what helps synchronize the internal clock and the natural day-night alternation. But what does the patient do? Watch movies and the amount of light entering the retina suppresses the release of melatonin that is the hormone of darkness, that is, it sends the signal to the brain that it has to suspend activity and the stimulus is generated to cause sleep, that is why the patient is made aware that artificial light and the moment of its exposure can modify the production pattern of melatonin and affect sleep. It is from there that it is diagnosed that the circadian pacemaker is delayed or early with respect to the desired time or may simply be misadjusted. That is why I am more emphatic in seeking the help of melatonin. Making a final medical suggestion is that the therapy known as Chronotherapy would fall like a ring on the finger. The most prevalent circadian sleep rhythm disorder, the sleep phase delay syndrome, is characterized by the difficulty of falling asleep at the times advised by society and the difficulty of getting up in the morning. When patients with this disorder are allowed to go to sleep and get up whenever they want, their sleep usually seems normal, except that the schedule is delayed. In the chronotherapy a reference time is set and the bedtime is progressively delayed until the optimal synchronization time of the sleep-wake cycle is reached. All this is possible if the patient DOES NOT PRESENT AVERSION TO SUBMIT TO A SPECIALIZED MEDICAL CRITERIA, AND IN FACT THE MAJORITY OVERCOMES THIS WEARING SITUATION

found a communication spell that’s suppose to open people up to discussion more, im going to try that first i think and see if some magically assisted discussion will work?

1 Like

In traditional Eastern cultivation systems, there is something referred to as the foundation building period. The foundation building is approximately 100 days. I mention this, because it takes approximately 100 days of doing something to make it a natural habit, whether it be a good habit or bad one. I suggest contemplating a set of healthy habits, then sticking to them without fail for 100 days, so that you can align the body mind and spirit to be in harmony with what is healthy and helpful to your will.

1 Like