Slavic system of magick

Its surprising that dazdbog a god of hospitality was so important. If anyone would harm a guest in the home of ancient slavs they would actually go to war.

2 Likes

That doesn’t surprise me at all. In times past we had to lean in each other and take care of each other. If you weren’t hospitable to someone in need then when you yourself end up in need you can’t expect people to help you. Rule number 1: Don’t be a dick.

2 Likes

Yeah but in our lands it persisits. Its not uncommon to have feasts 4 guests to give them your bed and such. Its normal to this day. Hey wanna take this converstaion to pm? It seems we are the only ones talking :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sure. :rofl:

Go to Baba Yaga She can teach you

2 Likes

Yeah right.

1 Like

I’m sorry, did you mean this sarcastically ?

1 Like

Yes because that is a mythologigal person/group of people

1 Like

Have you researched at all into her various myths / tried to contact her before ?

3 Likes

No. Not recently. I have not yet found any good sources exept old fables.

I’ve heard that the ancient Rus people were significantly similar to the Norse. Hell they even have a bearded thunder god and a god similar to Odhinn.

3 Likes

Yup plus the dieties are diverse. Hell even julius ceaser is considered a god in a part of poland i think.

Slavic is great. Look into Mokosh. The whole pantheon is intriguing but I’ve found Mokosh to be particularly interesting.

2 Likes

isnt she the river/water godess?

1 Like

She’s a big figure in the slavic tradition. Her name essentially means “wet” so you’re on the right track.

Here’s a neat piece that someone did based on old Slavic religion:

3 Likes

wow that is really nice :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Baba Yaga is based on the goddess “Slata Baba”,“Zlata Baba”,“Zolotaya Baba” which means Golden Old Lady, before she was “demonised” in the fables.

1 Like

in slavik magic you also have VILE these are seen by ordinary people VILE mainly live in forests and are very mystical creatures they are often potraid as fairys they tend to love horses legend has it that the VILE would go to farmers stabels and chose a horse and they will groom the horse to such a high standard and farmers witnessed when they wake up in the mooring go into the stables that the hair of a horse would be found in a plat this meant it was a vilas horse ,so farmers would fear the vilas or there reputations so there for they would shoot the horses

If you are interested in Baba Yaga, a former member of this forum worked extensively with her:

3 Likes

Nice thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like