Slavic Paganism/Mythology

Something both @Baal and @Sheogorath have noticed here on BALG, is that this subject haven’t been touched much apon.

This would be something which we hope we can increase, since Slavic paganism is rich in tradition and history. And it would be a shame not to bring this to life. Considering how much Norse is being talked about here, it would indeed be a shame that Slavic Paganism would have to be in the shadows.

So what can we learn?
Where do we start?
What sort of magick was used?
What are the music like?
And what mythical creatures and entities are there?

Linked below are some videos to hopefully get this tread going.

Slavic Lore:

Slavic Folklore Creatures:

Slavic Music:

Slavic Mantra:
(I don’t know if this is an old practice, but I thought I leave it nethertheless)

I’m excited to see what you people think and bring to the table. I myself will sure as Hell be incorporating this into my life. Since Danes and Slavs actually lived side by side in the times of olde.

7 Likes

@Sheogorath Seriously? I am surprised that no one has heard of Russian Magick before. BALG seems a bit too Demon focused at times. They are awesome too btw. I am just saying that we should diversify things. Diversity is Strength and all that.

7 Likes

I have a few ideas. PM. I don’t want to post something publicly that I am not sure about yet.

2 Likes

Sure, we’ll PM.

2 Likes

There are some posts about working with the Slavic gods on here :slight_smile: I myself work with some of them too. Mostly workings with Baba Yaga

5 Likes

If you type slavic pagan world.pdf into google it should come up with a primer on slavic paganism.

1 Like

@kiss-lamia-lilith I am thinking less Slavic Paganism per sae. More Dark Slavic Paganism. Traditional Demons of Slavic mythology and all if you get what I mean.

In all honesty that’s still demon focused.

2 Likes

@Aiden_Crow So be it then. Its still different from usual.

There is actually a type of Slavic traditional witchcraft that is practiced in modern day Serbia. So there is still some people practicing magic in the smaller Slavic states.
As for the mythology it’s somewhat harder to find (reliable) sources for the Slavic stuff than other myths.

2 Likes

the mantra tracks and stuff are really helpful, thanks for uploading

2 Likes

How is it, working with Baba Yaga?

1 Like

You’re welcome.
I will post more to this forum once I found something of value. I might not be the best in magick (yet). But I am good at acquiring knowledge, which of course is a treasure and I like to share that with BALG.

Yeah, BALG is the best forum… there I said it.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, please do share.

1 Like

It’s very interesting actually. She really helped me learn a lot about traditional witchcraft and working with the land spirits. She’s just a house of knowledge actually about anything relating to what craft. She’s shared many ideas for potions and spells with me.

She can go really in depth about dark sorcery but she doesn’t just give out her knowledge to anyone, she’s pretty quirky and has a funny sense of dark humor. She’s also a shapeshifter too and can teach you how to use some traditional witchcraft techniques to enhance soul travel.

I haven’t worked with her actively for a while now but she would be something I can see myself working with at some point

5 Likes

Yeah I was inactive at the time sorry. I’m still planning to do this project btw.

It is maimly whit magic most black magicans have adopted the american version called satanism