Simon Necromonicon

Are the entities in the necromonicon safe to invoke ?

2 Likes

Nothing in magick is safe.

I have no personal experience with the Simon Necronomicon, but I am interested in Sumerian (and to a lesser degree Babylonian) magick.

When I considered the Simon Necronomicon for my own work, I found a nasty egregoric shell attached to it. I have no issue with the contents of the book itself, but the beliefs people have attached to that particular book can be quite nasty. I didn’t want to bring those energies into my own work.

My personal spiritual companions guided me to the works of Joshua Free. I’m still not sure what I think of him, but I can’t deny his material has really helped me personally.

His “Necronomicon Grimoire” seems to correspond the most closely to the translations in the Simon Necronomicon.

You might also find his book “The Necronomicon for Beginners: Unveiling the Secrets of the Simon Necronomicon” interesting.

7 Likes

Yes they work and the spirits in them are very much “real”. Safe? That all depends on your definition of that word.:wink:
But seriously, as long as you approach the gods and goddesses named in that book with a great deal of respect, you should be fine working it.

5 Likes

There’s an entity in it that demands 10 people to be killed In order to be summoned :\ i may have to be careful with this one !

1 Like

It seems pretty sketch :confused: I’ve even heard doing the rituals can make you become mentally unstable

3 Likes

I’ve never personally had a spirit ask for anything like that. And if I did, I would tell it to go away and never come to me again.

But I have had spirits test me to see who I really was.

4 Likes

This is why I’m skeptical about working with this book , I have had some weird vibes just looking at the sigils!

1 Like

Any form of ritual magick can make someone mentally unstable, it’s one of the things that makes doing it so much fun.:smiling_imp:
Again all depends on how your doing it and who’s doing it.

3 Likes

Doing magick can make you mentally unstable, Dylan.

A lot of the magickal techniques I’ve received from spirits is literally about changing your entire view of reality for an operation.

And that’s pretty much the definition of insanity. When you don’t see things like the general population sees them, they call you insane.

4 Likes

Totally agree with you

2 Likes

Insanity is the price you may have
to pay if you really want too seek all of this long lost knowledge :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Most these types of grimoire can’t be taken seriously in a literal context. But if you think you really need 10 deaths to power your ritual then make friends with a doctor at an abortion clinic because that’s probably the only way you can do it legally without being arrested for murder. Either way I find it to be rather repulsive when something like that isn’t necessary.

3 Likes

I know I’m as mad as a hatter! He he

2 Likes

Dude I wasn’t gonna do it :slight_smile:I’m saying it may be not the book to work from because of that

1 Like

Here’s another thing to consider … you’re an ancient god and someone is asking you for something that could affect a lot of change for a lot of people. So you say “Hey, ok … I’ll do it for you … but you have to sacrifice 10,000 lives to me.”

The guy shouts “deal” and jumps up and down with joy.

You just sigh, shake your ethereal head, and brace yourself the same way a customer service representative braces themselves on Black Friday.

2 Likes

Your better off working with the actual deities lol, so research on your sumerian & babylonian gods!!

1 Like

Joshua Free’s “Gates of the Necronomicon” contains information about the Sumerian and Babylonian gods based on the cunieform tablets that were found and translated. It also contains sigils for each of the gods.

When my own spiritual companions invited me to work with them through their Sumerian masks of Utu and Inanna, this is the book they personally guided me to.

2 Likes

I like to mix it up and do historical correlations as well then, you get a more accurate picture of who you are working with. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

like…that you have to bring sacrifice, and wear signs -carved into silver, and blessed by moonlight ?

Yes, it makes me feel uneasy.
~i think i should burn the signs again…too bad i spread those even over a rather expensive notebook

Actually if you can afford to make the talismans to spec it may have a more potent result fron possible energetic resonance with the forces of the work. But a good cleansing and banishing and consecrating to make it your own would probably be a good idea.

1 Like