Similar site like ebay for Occult items?

Well I now have my altar on all 3 sites. Only ebay has a “view counter”, but it looks like virtually no one is even looking at it. I think it is very unique, so I would expect looky-lous at least. However, there really aren’t many of us out there. And most of us, I think, use improvised altars. Oh well, I will just continue to use it myself.

For what it’s worth, and as someone who has been selling on ebay since 2003, they made some changes over there recently and they are allowed to not even display your listing in the searches even if you are using a paid listing that requires a listing fee. You really should read the new rules over there, these new changes have been putting many sellers out of business. Ebay is pretty much dead these days and it’s all their own fault because they are so greedy they cannot leave good enough alone.

They continually change the rules in ways they hope will make them more profit but those rules create unfair advantages for the buyers over sellers and are chasing the sellers away for unfair treatment. I have spoken to many sellers who used to average 5-20 sales per day and now they are barely getting 3 sales per week. Same goes for Etsy, they also made new rule changes for search patterns and other things. They no longer include your items in google shopping unless you pay extra fees. They too are losing sellers and buyers.

That’s awful, what’s their motivation?

I mean, are they doing it to all sellers, like people who sell gloves or shoeracks and teapots, or just “us”?

For what it’s worth, and as someone who has been selling on ebay since 2003, they made some changes over there recently and they are allowed to not even display your listing in the searches even if you are using a paid listing that requires a listing fee. You really should read the new rules over there, these new changes have been putting many sellers out of business. Ebay is pretty much dead these days and it’s all their own fault because they are so greedy they cannot leave good enough alone.

They continually change the rules in ways they hope will make them more profit but those rules create unfair advantages for the buyers over sellers and are chasing the sellers away for unfair treatment. I have spoken to many sellers who used to average 5-20 sales per day and now they are barely getting 3 sales per week. Same goes for Etsy, they also made new rule changes for search patterns and other things. They no longer include your items in google shopping unless you pay extra fees. They too are losing sellers and buyers.[/quote]

And hence my earlier comment about Bonanza - there’s been quite a migration of metaphysical sellers to Bonanza from Etsy due to some changes. I don’t even bother with Ebay/Etsy these days.

That’s awful, what’s their motivation?

I mean, are they doing it to all sellers, like people who sell gloves or shoeracks and teapots, or just “us”?[/quote]

In their rules it says plain as day, they can do this to anyone but mainly from what I can tell, since I sell to make a living so I am a member of several ecommerce based forums, they are only targeting sellers that either list a ton of stuff and never have enough sales to make it worthwhile (in their opinion) or those who only list on occasion when they need some extra money. It hasn’t happened to me yet (fingers crossed) and I only list over there on occasion when I need to list clothes but I imagine it’s because when I do list I always sell out in a week. But with the newest changes, I might be hurt too over there.

That sucks, I tried searching for jboy’s listing earlier on eBay USA and couldn’t find anything using terms I’d have thought should have worked, but it turned up on the first page of bonanza.com, so that’s evidently a better bet now!

Probably so. I tried Bonanza a few years ago but gave up because I had my stuff listed for 7 months with no sales, back in 2012. But back then they weren’t as well known and I imagine as you and others have suggested they are probably getting lots of stray ebay and etsy sellers right now. Back then they were so new that you could see only 48 to 1,273 items per category so they just didn’t have the traffic yet. May give it another try again myself. I also didn’t like their very vague and limited category selections.

The reason I don’t announce the site I sell on is because it’s not like the others mentioned here. For newbies, it can be very tough for them to get ahead because the high volume sellers are given extra features and advertising abilities that others don’t have because it costs the company too much to advertise for sellers that only stay 2 weeks before closing up shop, so this their way of picking out the serious sellers from the hobby sellers. And most people that come there from ebay or etsy are used to listing and getting sales right away (at least before the changes they were) and they come over there expecting to be a hit over night.

And they get angry at the owner of the site when they realize they can’t get rich over night instead of just sticking it out and staying around for a little while longer. Really they can only blame themselves, for not wanting to do the work and wait it out. But until you get constant sales, you have to promote your store on social media and by word of mouth which takes a lot of work and most new stores don’t want to do that so they get mad, give up, and don’t even bother to delete their stores when they stomp outta there like a kid throwing a tantrum. They leave their items listed, people end up placing orders after they already left and since they never come back to check their stores their buyers assume they are scammers, because they didn’t even know they had an order and a payment and the buyer has to claim fraud to get a refund because the seller didn’t even know they got paid in order to issue a refund. So they make everyone look bad. And with the new ebay/etsy changes we are getting way too many sellers from over there like this and it’s driving us all mad. And if you have a very small inventory of items and cannot constantly list 20-50 new items per month, you will lose your ranking placement.

I’m so glad this thread exists. In perusing different sites aside from etsy, I found a known scammer who had VERBATIM ripped off one of my etsy listings. I confronted him and he immediately took it down, but that still doesn’t take away the sting of someone trying to rip me (or anyone else for that matter) off.

There are 2 reasons they do this, and it’s fucking irritating as they have done it to me too, mainly Amazon sellers do this.

A) You take better photos and write better descriptions than they do so they figure they’ll just steal yours and have a better chance of selling of the item, laziness.

B) If you see this but the other seller is charging double or triple your price it means they are listing it and if it sells they will buy it from you then when it arrives to them, they repackage it with their logos and ship it to the buyer, that’s why they charge so much to cover the cost of shipping from you to them and from them to their buyer and so they can profit after they pay you for the item.

I am listing some items on ebay right now. It takes so much longer to list over there but I am listing blue jeans and clothing rarely sells elsewhere for me but put the items on ebay, and they sell within a week. I hate listing clothing all those measurements and extra photos to add!

There is this site as well, and it’s free to list items.

[url=https://www.mebaza.com/]https://www.mebaza.com/[/url]

Nothing specific. But I may see something interesting, and would like to know that the seller is legit.

www.bonanza.com[/quote]

Any recommended sellers over there?[/quote]

What are you looking for?[/quote]

Ok - I’ve dealt with some of the metaphysical/occult sellers so let me know and I’ll see if I can help.