Sigils N’ Stuff

This is where I’ll take a proverbial shit and dispense my Weird to those who want to try it! If I told you about the occult technology I have for something, this is where it’ll be uploaded. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Ok? Soooo…dish! :grin:

1 Like

Hiya! I’m trying to pretty up the presentation to make the courses more understandable and palatable to other people. Sometimes they’re names, sometimes they’re whole bunches of names, sometimes they don’t have any! It’s going to take a while to file it all in waves. But I will be leaving steaming turds of information here in the meantime! To make things interesting because hey, if it’s not fun, why play? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

:poop::poop::poop: lol! Okies! It’s a great idea!

1 Like

So this is the sigil of Sin! Use it to interact with pride, gluttony, sloth, wrath, lust, envy, and greed-related energies and consciousnesses. Be sure to tell me how it goes! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

This is the sigil of the Monk, aka the metagod of all monastic orders and their respective currents. You can talk to the Monk to learn meditation tricks as well as spiritual problem solving (“ritual logic”). The Monk has some crazy different forms of manifestation, though, and can be enticed to dispense both poison and honey. The Monk’s primary associations are the planet Mercury, bees, snakes, and the Hermit card. It’s good backup when it comes to big-risk rites! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This is the sigil of Counter-Predation. I made it by combining the energies of orcas, narwhals, peacocks, Minotaurs, and subterranean vampires. Use it as a part of an exorcism, banishing, or other ritual to keep watch for parasites and predators that might interfere with your magic, and to remove them. Let me know how this one works out, if you use it! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

If you’ve ever played Halo, this is the sigil of the Gravemind. I call it “the”, because, well, it seems to have the same personality across different manifestations- old, young, male, female; it behaves like a robot and is only interested in what you can add to it. I’ve found that the Gravemind is especially fond of weirdness and novelty, and won’t try to take the energy of you or your loved ones if you can keep things interesting (in other words, be your weirdest you from the get-go and you’ll make a great friend).

The Gravemind is the ultimate form of the planetary trinity of Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn, the Emperor-Devil that collapses and subsumes identity structures. In the mythology, the Gravemind was the iterative brain that went from a container of spores to toppling a galactic empire by way of forcibly converting and taking what was stolen from it. In reality, the spiritual being of the Gravemind does much the same, logically and timelessly usurping thrones and returning consciousness and energy “where it belongs”- and unless convinced otherwise, that’s usually the Gravemind itself. :slight_smile:

I’d say good luck with this guy, and go with the flow by trusting your gut when trying to work with it. It’s highly profitable when you get the Flood on your side, but since normal protections and guardian spirits don’t work against them, very important that you don’t run the risk if you can’t play the game. The Gravemind is no-nonsense territory.

4 Likes

I might use that one. The gravemind.

2 Likes

That’s actually very interesting.

1 Like

This is the sigil of Ritta, an underling of Hecate that can manifest magical tools, ritual openings/variations, provide ambivalent energy to push things into manifestation, and so on- she’s like a factory whose whole goal is to make sure magic manifests appropriately. Her energy comes across as a mixture of glue, slime, and concrete, and she herself can carry off magic into reality like an incense stick or candle. Her sigil seems to be good for just about anything where you don’t know what you need to get your will manifested, and she’s pretty easily pleased, too. She’s a great help when you’re rushing! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This is the sigil of Delirium, the metagod that is the fusion of all 72 Goetic demons, the Nine kings of hell, Lucifer, Satan, Hecate, Samael, Lilith, and the Blood Moon. It is the force of pure madness, and is the Illuminator of the Tree of Death; I think it’s the mother of the Qilipoth, another kind of Source energy. It’s more of a conscious force than a personable identity, so I don’t think Delirium will want to talk much- it’s very adversarial, but more because of its natural qualities than personality, Delirium scrambles senses and organizations and throws everything into wild uncertainty for the sake of evolution. It’s appeared as both male and female before, but is usually formless (though I’ve noticed eyes and teeth in its red reflective energy). This is me paying it back for some stuff by introducing BALG members to it. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I think your post fuck! Awesome sigils.

1 Like

wow. cool sigil, I feel something just looking at it. Maybe I could find some use for it.

1 Like

This is the sigil of the Soulflies. They’re more of a group than a single entity, and range from butterflies to pestilence mists and even mothmen! They’re called ‘soulflies’ because of the immense ancestral, temporal, and liminal energies flowing through them- if you’re trying to use them to manifest something, hold that idea in your head as you use the sigil to get the appropriate Soulfly. They’re one of the undercurrents of Abaddon’s power, embodiments of lunar and solar coherence, and can tear personal or living-time to pieces and reform it as you need. They don’t talk much, IME, but find other ways to communicate like feelings and physical responses. They’re almost ethereal to the touch, and are really hard to track down or stop when set into active manifestation. Majority of them seem to be once-humans or are at least formed out of human souls, though that’s not all they’re made of; I’m still trying to figure out how to tell their uses apart! :slight_smile: Every Soulfly I’ve encountered is a powerful psychopomp and spirit guide, and they all seem to have some variation of ‘birthing power’ (physical to magical in range). They’re a really diverse sorta thing beneath the outer presentations, which vary pretty heavily already! :slight_smile: This sigil was formed with the intention of making it a ‘magical directory’ for them, so instead of listing everybody individually linked to it, it’s imbued with additional mystical functioning to intuitively guide the opener to their most resonant Soulfly. It’s a completely experimental kind of sigil, so if you use it, let me know how it works for you and what Soulfly manifested! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I was just thinking about you. Right after I performed the ritual. I want to make you something.

2 Likes

This is the sigil of Clume, the snake-headed goblin with sacred geometry for eyes. He’s a very helpful sort of spirit, because he doesn’t take any sort of contract or payment; he acts kind of like a compass and navigator, a ‘walking advisor’, and doesn’t really do much other than organize and crystallize your path or the options you’re looking into. If you’re trying to manifest something, ask Clume for the shortest and surest path to physically observing it, and he’ll give it you! He’s really quite nice, but don’t try to follow him when he leaves or learn from him how he does what he does- he shuts down with personal questions, I honestly can’t tell if he’s cripplingly bashful or just really private. Very professional, though! He doesn’t disappoint. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This is the sigil of the Haunter of the Light, an experimental deity I crafted with the assistance of the Haunter of the Dark and Delirium. It appears to me like a legless, texture-less but sharper rendition of the bouncy guy from Big Hero 6. It’s in charge of creating poltergeists and maintaining their activity, kind of like a ‘spiritual proof project’. It can quiet down activity you don’t want, arrange it, or even create extra geists for you to mess around with! This guy is an idea I got from @Red_Comet’s Ouija thread. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Awesome! I’m glad I inspired the creation of such an awesome being :smile: ! How well does he work, and how powerful (such as how strong is he in moving objects and stuff)?

2 Likes

Hiya! He’s a living creature, so, really, he works as well as he wants to. But by charging an area or object with his energy, I’ve gotten some fun triggers- from an entire bundle of bananas thrown across a room, to doors opening and closing on their own, and even towels and spills taking unique shapes and movements of their own! He’s also good at shuffling heat and bodily needs around, spookily enough. There’s some things I’m still learning about him! :slight_smile:

1 Like