Sigils For Godforms Like Artemis, Odin, Isis, etc

Okay froods:

I read a lot of posts saying “where can I get a sigil for this classically recognised godform I want things from?” and as far as I know, they don’t usually HAVE “sigils,” as in the circular line-drawing things from the Goetia etc., or the weird trumpet-style diagrams for angels: however, if you simply MUST have a sigil for this godform you want to have help you out, try finding which planetary attribution that deity has (Moon, Mars, Venus, etc. - also including the specific area you want them to help you with - is Odin helping you with conflict (Mars) or magick (Mercury) etc?) and use Israel Regardie’s methods to make a sigilisation of their name on that.

“Israel Regardie?” - some newcomers may ask - buy the fucking book, or sneakily download it, don’t piss me off by PM-ing about this stuff!

But really you’re better off honouring them as they were honoured and approached for thousands of years, and actually setting up a small devotional area (candle and an image of some kind, DON’T burn your fucking house down) and building up from there. You don’t need to grovel, but a bit of respect, affection etc.? That never did any harm.

Godforms are beings who, among other things, managed to inspire the love & devotion of hundreds of thousands of people, who were every bit as smart as you, over many centuries, and are not just like U.P.S. to be summoned up and given a task to deliver… but that’s just my experience, anyway the concept of making planetary sigils was given me by my OWN altar-dwellers :slight_smile: so hope it helps for someone.

(If you get your arse bitten off for trying to command ancient pantheons, beings who’ve led entire nations to victory and conquest, for asking them to bring you lotto numbers, pudding, and hoes, be sure to post a photo - I like a laugh!)

4 Likes

“Odin, I command thee to fetch me pudding, of the butter and scotch variety.”

I may have to do this just to see what would happen! (not really, but I AM curious as to what the result would be, besides an ass kicking, of course.)

[quote=“DarkestKnight, post:2, topic:3475”]“Odin, I command thee to fetch me pudding, of the butter and scotch variety.”

I may have to do this just to see what would happen! (not really, but I AM curious as to what the result would be, besides an ass kicking, of course.)[/quote]

Ever hear of Gungnir? LOL

I agree with what Eva said, the best “sigil” for Odin is a pipe full of tobacco, a horn full of mead, and your attention

1 Like

[quote=“DarkestKnight, post:2, topic:3475”]“Odin, I command thee to fetch me pudding, of the butter and scotch variety.”

I may have to do this just to see what would happen! (not really, but I AM curious as to what the result would be, besides an ass kicking, of course.)[/quote]

Yeah…not recommended. Lol.

LOL!!

I actually wouldn’t try to “command” any godform, myself, these entities are amazing… Hathor for example has stuck with me through some really shitty things, I love her like you’d love a glamorous super-powered older sister or something. :slight_smile:

Love is the way with most of them - or at least, respect… still, the issue of sigils for everything comes up often enough, and when I saw this portrayed during some adventures in the astral yesterday, I thought I’d share it.

There was a time when ink and paper were newfangled nonsense, along with metal blades, and wearing fabric, even fire… so, things move on, and since sigil opening has captured people’s imagination so well, this is a way to experiment with that.

It seems to me that you’re more calling the god’s (or goddess’s) attention TO the planetary area you’ve mapped their name onto, instead of actually calling them to be linked into the sigil.

1 Like

If I’ve ever felt the need to call upon a certain god or goddess using a sigil, I usually make one. Either by using the hermetic “rose and cross” cypher, or preferably by finding the alphabet of the culture that first worshipped them and creating a sigil from the letters that formed their name.

So, for a Celtic deity I’d use ogham and create some sort of geometric symbol to serve as a sigil. For a Greco-Roman deity, I’d work with Linear B phonetic glyphs, using the phonetics that form their proper Mycenaean name to create a sigil. For a Sumerian deity, cuneiform is ideal for crafting a sigil. Of course, when working with an Egyptian deity, you can’t go wrong with a cartouche. And considering the express power of hieroglyphs, words, and names in Egyptian mythology and theology, a proper deific cartouche is one of the most powerful tools you can possess working with a member of that pantheon.

2 Likes

Which one of Israel regardies books contains the authors knowledge of sigils?

How to Make and Use Talismans - you can find the kameas of planets online but the book’s worth investing in because it goes in-depth into lots of other stuff.

How to make and use Talismans- was the first magic book I owned, I picked up a 1st edition from ex library stock for 50p (which was my total pocket money) around 1985.

Most of the Norse Gods and Goddesses will quite happily share a drink with you, you don’t need a horn but there is something magical about drinking from a horn.

The act of creating a sigil, by transcribing a gods name/title onto a planetary magic square. Is an act of Will, Intention and Concentration. The sigil created may really be a keycard/ phone number/ business calling card.

The Norse Gods don’t take kindly to folk commanding them, followers of the white christ attempting this would receive some interesting and harrowing experiences or simply being ignored. Obviously if you are fully ascended and activated as a living god then, even though you could command a god, its not neighbourly or hospitable. Its down right rude, like a french kiss at family gathering or bad breath/body odour. In the saga’s Freyja was involved with one of her heroes/followers Ottar. Freyja forced and constrained the giant Hyndla to reveal to Ottar his bloodline. Freyja taught Odin the art of Seidr and received his Galdor plus more in exchange.