Sigil Opening Experience (So Far)

Using the Dukante sigil for Belial, here’s where I am so far. I’m using the advice supplied by Orisman, so just opening, not asking for anything. Sitting in my chair, facing east, with Frankincense burning. I find it works best for me with my eyes shut a little bit. Not half shut, maybe a quarter. At first parts of the sigil disappear, but of course that makes me involuntarily refocus my eyes, bringing it all back. Eventually the entire sigil disappears, and everything kind of “greys out”, but of course this makes my eyes involuntarily refocus, lol.

I do get a bit of the 3D effect, and it’s just plain cool the way lines randomly blink in and out. I can’t say I really feel anything, but the things that are supposed to happen visually are indeed happening. I also say his name from time to time. Time flies, to be sure. 15 minutes or so passes very quickly. Afterwards I sit quietly for a few minutes, relaxing, than say a thank you. Politeness counts.

Am I on the right track here?

East West North South. its funny, i was facing north for so long when I began calling and working with him, and always 'felt him enter my sanctum from the south, southeast often. he would enter, and 'place his hand upon my right shoulder. But there I am, still facing north. I finally read something EA said about facing South for him, which I did/do. And now I know he and his familiars enter by the upright part of my alter creeking, and 'feeling like i am facing Him/them.'
I have only ‘opened sigils’ 4 times with him, has not made much differance at all- so I figure I am doing something wrong— or-- I am doing something I don’t need. I figure either one day I will get it right and fiurued out- or may just scrap it. I would much rather the former!
Good luck !

[quote=“chef1964, post:1, topic:5277”]Using the Dukante sigil for Belial, here’s where I am so far. I’m using the advice supplied by Orisman, so just opening, not asking for anything. Sitting in my chair, facing east, with Frankincense burning. I find it works best for me with my eyes shut a little bit. Not half shut, maybe a quarter. At first parts of the sigil disappear, but of course that makes me involuntarily refocus my eyes, bringing it all back. Eventually the entire sigil disappears, and everything kind of “greys out”, but of course this makes my eyes involuntarily refocus, lol.

I do get a bit of the 3D effect, and it’s just plain cool the way lines randomly blink in and out. I can’t say I really feel anything, but the things that are supposed to happen visually are indeed happening. I also say his name from time to time. Time flies, to be sure. 15 minutes or so passes very quickly. Afterwards I sit quietly for a few minutes, relaxing, than say a thank you. Politeness counts.

Am I on the right track here?[/quote]

I’m still going with this, and I have a couple of questions if you all wouldn’t mind.

I’m still not getting any feelings of contact. Not from him, but the spirit that’s been (I believe) around me for better than a year does touch me. I know her touches, so I’m pretty sure it’s her.

I do see an “aura”, but I’m not convinced it isn’t just the after image you get when staring at a color, and it becomes a different color (don’t know the technical name), but my question is this: When people refer to “flashing”, do you mean the lines erasing than popping back into view? I get this with no trouble at all after a couple of minutes.

Question #2. Sometimes, with a little effort, everything, and I mean everything, will disappear. I’m talking sigil, paper, the room, everything. It’s like a greyish mist covering my eyes. It doesn’t last long, as my eyes involuntarily refocus. Anyone else experience this or know if this is magical, or just a normal occular thing?

Question the third: I find it somewhat difficult to keep my eyes from darting about a bit, and refocusing. Is this something that’s overcome through practice? Does anyone have any tips or tricks to overcome this, or will time and effort sort it out?

I value the opinions of all, so any advice is always appreciated. BTW, I am sleeping with a sigil that I’ve opened under my pillow. No real results from that as of yet.