Sigil Flashing: Consecration Explained & Simplified for Newbies

I thought I would post this because I have seen several people mention lately, those newer to sigil magick and consecration, that the sigil never does flash for them yet they see a colored aura like a glow around the sigil lines and then the lines disappear.

I think there is some misconception about what exactly sigil “flashing” means. I am not trying to single anyone out, just trying to be helpful because a few people messaged me that they were afraid they’d never be able to activiate the sigil but from what they told me, they were doing just that and did not realize it.

Sigil flashing does not mean the lines will start to flash fast and erratically like a neon OPEN sign hanging in a business window. When you see the lines starting to disappear and then reappear on the paper, that is sigil flashing. So many people state they did not see the sigil flashing but the lines were disappearing, unaware that what they described is actually a form of sigil flashing.

Whether the entire sigil disappears all at once then reappears, or maybe only the top half fades out while the bottom half remains visible, or maybe only one or two lines fade at a time. Even if the lines fade very slowly then reappear, that is a form of flashing. When this happens some do see a glowing color behind the lines or maybe only behind one or two lines, usually the color is yellow or blue, sometimes green. It can be any color but those 3 are most common. I think that’s where the term “flashing” came from, because when the lines fade out and fade back in, some do see colors which reminds them of a flashing sign or a blinking christmas tree light.

Even if the lines do not “flash” for you, seeing a color glowing behind or around the lines is a good sign. It means you are in deed activating (consecrating) the sigil. That glow you are seeing, is your brains way of further processing the lines on the paper. Normally you see just solid black lines and your brain says oh that’s just writing. But by gazing lightly into the lines and concentrating on them for extended time periods, your brains say oh they are focusing on this for a long time, maybe this is more than just lines, maybe there is something more important here?

Your eyes then go into overdrive mode and begin over processing the lines, trying to find alternative importance and meaning in them. The yellow, blue, or green colors you see is your minds way of turning the sigil into an optical illusion. Convinced now, that it’s more than just writing because of the extreme amount of focus you are placing on it, your mind tries to turn the sigil into something 3 dimensional, because 3D objects are how your mind perceives that object as either being real and right in front of you on the same plane, or not real 2D and in the same plane but just a meaningless object.

By your mind perceiving the sigil as something 3D, it places importance in the object, thus activating it as a magickal sigil as all of your focus pours into that object. It keeps your mind from backing out during consecration and thinking why are you gazing at a meaningless symbol? By turning it into a more 3D object (hence the glowing and flashing lines) it is now a real object that is significant and should be focused on. Just some other tips I picked up on while studying about the eyes, and how they seem to be the number one reason for magickal failures. It’s not your brain letting you down during ritual, it’s your eyes, because your eyes are responsible for sending and receiving every signal to/from your brain.

111 Likes

Oh… I really thought flashing meant flashing as in like strobo light, maybe for some people it does ? dunno but my sigil of course seems to disappear, and i have also seen at least the blue electric light on some parts, like the “ball” parts on belial’s sigil started to go blue and “electrical” looking.

3 Likes

I’m sure some people do see a strobe light effect, but most don’t. So when they don’t see it they think they have done something wrong.

3 Likes

In my case sometimes …the lines of the sigil float like water… I guess it means sigil is charging ?? Right ??

My best experience with sigil opening till now has been with Paralda… I was gazing into his sigil for sometime…then suddenly a thought came into my mind saying " my seal is charged…now talk to me " … Just as i lifted my eyes from the sigil paper … I saw to whole Fuckin sigil in 3d in air in yellow light

11 Likes

Yes. The sigil experience can be so different from person to person. Flashing is the most commonly used word so people seem to think that flashing like a blinking light is the only way to know if it’s working, and if it doesn’t flash I must be doing something wrong.

Some examples I have heard from various magicians and witches of what happens for them when the sigil is charging:

-Lines blink like a flashing light
-Lines fade in and out until the paper looks completely blank
-Lines start glowing colors
-Lines disappear in sequences or patterns, not all of them fade at once
-Lines become 3D and float like an optical illusion
-Lines start to shake, wiggle, or bounce

OR, the Lines do nothing at all but at least one of the following occurs:

-A tingle or tickle sensation in your palm (if holding the sigil)
-Sudden tension in your head where your ajna chakra is located
-Room temperature changes (cool or hot, depending on the type of spirit)
-The feeling something is telling you, it is charged and I am on my way
-Or sudden sensory stimulation like sexual arousal, hot flashes, sweating, cold chills, trembles (either the nervous or excited type)

And those are just some examples. I’m sure others here can add to that list with their experiences. But the key is to recognize how your body changes every time you try to charge a sigil. If you always get an extreme hot flash no matter what the temperature is in your working space and your palm tingles, that’s what you need to look for every time.

Keep in mind, we all use our intuitive gifts differently too. Just like people learn differently, some are visual learners and prefer to watch videos or read books, some are verbal and prefer to listen to a lecture or audio book, some are more hands on and cannot learn by being told or shown how to do something they have to just dive in and do it themselves and learn by their own trial and error. The same goes for intuition, our gifts all work differently.

Some are visual and see entities everywhere with no problems, some are more audio and cannot see spirits often but they hear them talking clear as day, others are tactile and rely upon physical sensations, and some rely solely upon emotions and premonitions. Or some combination of the above. So we all need to realize that some of us may never be able to hear a demon because our body just doesn’t work like that, no matter how hard we try. Instead of considering yourself a failure, giving up, or becoming angry, learn what type of intuition you DO have and focus on making that stronger. Don’t waste years of effort trying to hear demons if you have come to the conclusion it’s never going to happen for you, put all of the effort into strengthening the type of intuition you do possess and are most capable of.

27 Likes

Oh yeah true… At least in my case the pressure in the head (or tension like you word it) is a thing. So i can approve that one too :smiley:

Also sometimes i get senses, like the sense of fear - even if i’m usually not scared at all but sometimes it creeps into me… Quite intensely even.

4 Likes

This is one awesome thread! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I like these types of posts because most people overlook the simple things and this is where many will tend to struggle the most. I think the word ‘flash’ can be an unsuitable adjective as it gives the impression of flashing lights or something.

As already mentioned above, flashing just means that the whole of the sigil either at once, or in parts disappears and reappears again. After flashing it, I’ve had it literally in 3D giving the impression that its raised up off the paper to a degree.

I think many will become anxious and think after a period of time that it isn’t flashing mainly due to incorrect expectation and a fully attached state of consciousness. What I mean by this is that if you look at the sigil and try too hard, you will bring in the willpower which can keep the mind in a full state of attachment to the design, especially when you connect this to the anxiety of it not working.

(Isn’t this the same aspect responsable for many ritual failures due to willpower and anxiety…instead of just forgeting about it instead?)

I think the trick to it all is to relax, look at it with your eyes tilted upwards as this will immediately start putting the mind into the ‘Alpha’ regions. This definitely promotes a more relaxed state of mind without trying too hard to make it happen. Take the ‘will’ out of the equation by just looking at it in such a relaxed way, the image splits up but you just concentrate on one of those images and ignore the other.

This detached attitude along with the optical phenomena of movement will certainly get any sigil flashing. I do it all the time with other objects like my computer mouse > I stare at it in a relaxed state and the mouse tends to split up into two separate images but I only look at one and this makes it disappear pretty quickly.

8 Likes

Thanks for this! I was also a bit confused by the flashing part. I have seen the lines disappear and then re-appear, but always wondered if that was enough.

2 Likes

The effect changed for me over time. When I first started using sigils, sections of the sigil would disappear and reappear. Now the sigil kind of floats off the surface of the paper and looks like it is backlit. Kind of like the pic below.

2 Likes

For me the sigil starts to glow yellow behind the lines then it alternates from yellow to a blueish green. Then the lines start to disappear in sections until the entire thing fades away like the paper is blank. Then it reappears and starts to float off the paper, and that’s when the energy in the room changes and I can hear the spirit say, I am on my way.

8 Likes

This has answered a lot of questions for me. I’ve had many of the experiences you guys have described. Validation from the outside is always reassuring and motivational.

3 Likes

Thank you for writing about this, this can be very helpful for beginners working with sigils :slight_smile:

This thread deserves to be sticked to the top :slight_smile:

1 Like

Next time I talk to Timothy about the forum, I’ll raise the suggestion of a list of tutorials or something similar, meanwhile can people please PM me with any ideas or thoughts on this? Cheers! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think sigil opening bypass eye vision and the symbol enters your mind,opening the specific gate for the entity.Once the gate is open there’s a flow of the entity’s current into your energy body, which i’m sure it’s not the consciousness of the spirit it self, but his power.(this is why i had energy blasts)
From there, you have to follow the steps from koetting newsletter to pour your will and then feeding it with emotion.
In my case when i’m scrying on a sigil,some lines start to tremble,then they glow in white colour(if the drawing is black),then some of the lines disappear and reappear and finally i’m looking somewhere else and the sigil is in front of me,floating in the air for some seconds.

1 Like

I thought I would share my experiences with sigil use and my eyes.

I have very poor eyesight at the age of 50. In fact my right eye weeps nonstop and I have resorted to using an eye patch with a soft absorbant liner.

Now this is where the experiences I have are unique. I don’t I have ever heard of anyone having tried this before and it is very effective. With one eye open and the other seeing only darkness, the sigil “flashes”, however it’s in the darkness that visions appear.

Each time is totally different from the last. They are vivid and nightmarish at times and at others swaths of color on Vistas. But always the sigil remains overlaid the field of vision, like a watermark or superimposed signature.

I encourage others to give this a try. Think of it as sigil charging and invocation in stereo vision.

As a side note, even when I am not charging a sigil and simply going on about my day a vision may appear in my right eye. This can be as simple as small flashes of light to full figures of entities appearing like a hologram in a normal field of vision.

8 Likes

I like these types of posts because most people overlook the simple things and this is where many will tend to struggle the most. I think the word ‘flash’ can be an unsuitable adjective as it gives the impression of flashing lights or something.

As already mentioned above, flashing just means that the whole of the sigil either at once, or in parts disappears and reappears again. After flashing it, I’ve had it literally in 3D giving the impression that its raised up off the paper to a degree.

I think many will become anxious and think after a period of time that it isn’t flashing mainly due to incorrect expectation and a fully attached state of consciousness. What I mean by this is that if you look at the sigil and try too hard, you will bring in the willpower which can keep the mind in a full state of attachment to the design, especially when you connect this to the anxiety of it not working.

(Isn’t this the same aspect responsable for many ritual failures due to willpower and anxiety…instead of just forgeting about it instead?)

I think the trick to it all is to relax, look at it with your eyes tilted upwards as this will immediately start putting the mind into the ‘Alpha’ regions. This definitely promotes a more relaxed state of mind without trying too hard to make it happen. Take the ‘will’ out of the equation by just looking at it in such a relaxed way, the image splits up but you just concentrate on one of those images and ignore the other.

This detached attitude along with the optical phenomena of movement will certainly get any sigil flashing. I do it all the time with other objects like my computer mouse > I stare at it in a relaxed state and the mouse tends to split up into two separate images but I only look at one and this makes it disappear pretty quickly.[/quote] Wow,this thread lifted my spirits!! I have been feeling so spiritually drained due to this married woman I have been sending my magical energy to. I summoned Lucifer this morning. Besides,seeing his sidgil float & lines go in and out,I too see a double vision floating.Then,I bring my focus to “one”

1 Like

Something that worked for me very well is to press the stop button and imobilize everything.Mind,body,eyes,they all stop.The only thing that moving it’s the breath.I feel my facial muscles going tight and i can feel my pulse in the sigil i hold.I found this kind of meditation very effective and extremely fast(at least for me).

From that point the sigil opens it self.You don’t do it,visualize it,or push your self to see the lines going on and off.It’s just the effect of keeping your vision locked on something.

I think the easiest way to do it is to draw a single line in a piece of a blank paper,encircle it with a dvd and practise.The circle around the sigil acts as a focal point and make it easier for targeting and focusing.It’s like aiming at something to shoot.If it’s inside a circle,you have better chances to hit it.

2 Likes

This is exactly how i see,floating in the air and taking shape slowly,but the lines are perfect like a printed image,line by line with full precision…
I have a question about this topic…
why is there times that you see 2 or 3 sigils one after another and sometimes there are always one in the end that is huge full of details and geometric things,there are even words written but its so hard to see the whole thing,it looks like a board with so many details,not only lines like the sigils,but there is more things in it.
and why the manifestation takes full form before you see the sigil taking shapes

thank you very much,enjoying this forum so much,so many cool things to read and learn.

my english is not 100% to write but i did my best to say what i had in mind…

cheers

[quote=“samm, post:19, topic:5738”]I have a question about this topic…
why is there times that you see 2 or 3 sigils one after another and sometimes there are always one in the end that is huge full of details and geometric things,there are even words written but its so hard to see the whole thing,it looks like a board with so many details,not only lines like the sigils,but there is more things in it.
and why the manifestation takes full form before you see the sigil taking shapes[/quote]

That sounds similar to the chambers I’ve seen when I travelled to demonic realms - they’re large cubic chambers, and the back wall has shifting glyphs, I can never quite make them out and they change but without me being able to actually see them move (it’s not like watching words on a train station announcements board of something). Don’t know precisely what it means, I get the impression that the chamber or something about it “is” really the demon, and some project forth a human-like shape as a courtesy, but your description reminded me of it very strongly anyway - we may be seeing different aspects of the same basic phenomenon?

1 Like