Shroom or regular mushroom?

Location of said shroom mushroom was earth

Regular poisonous mushroom

3 Likes

2 questions:
What’s makes a mushroom poisonous?
Does the poison spread through touch?

Poison shouldnt spread through touch. Just wqsh your hands. And depending on species of shroom then they can carry specialized toxins that help with growth that is toxic to people

:blush:

1 Like

Poison is toxic when eaten.
Venom is toxic when touched

2 Likes

I thought venom was toxic when bitten/injected (for example a venomous snake).

I’d love to go shroom hunting, I hear you can actually find P. Cubensis all over the place if you know what to look for. Problem is, I’d be afraid of poisioning myself.

1 Like

Would be better to have an expert with you.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. Problem is, I don’t know any mushroom experts. Might be cool if this spring or summer we could find local people on these forums who want to hunt for entheogens or just look for neat mushrooms in general like the beautiful A. Muscaria.
I don’t know why but I’ve always been fascinated by fungi, something about them just brings to mind the archetype of the enchanted forest which I find truly magickal (no pun intended with regards to mushrooms lol).

1 Like

Yep that’s right. But, for illustrative purposes, you wouldn’t die from killing the snake and eating its body (excluding the venom sacs), which makes them venemous rather than poisonous. But say the snake were to eat a poison dart frog – the snake would die due to ingesting poison.

2 Likes