Shouting without shouting all while sleeping?

So I figured I’d share this because I can’t quite figure out what’s going on…

I was dreaming about something that frustrated me (can’t remember now) it frustrated me to the point where my dream state shifted and I was in my house headed downstairs.

“I’m going down stairs. Does anyone need anything?”

Well… I said this IN my dream and apparently loud enough that it woke up my wife and son. My son is in an adjacent room with a noise/static machine that plays to block out sounds of the city. You need to shout at the top of your lungs for him to hear you when the door is closed, never mind waking him up…

At that moment they woke up and my son yelled “what did you say dad?” I jerked awake in bed looking at where in my dream I had been standing 10 feet away at my door.

I asked my wife what the hell just happened and she said I yelled, “I’m going down stairs. Does anyone need anything?”, without actually saying it. She said it was in her head. You should have seen the look on her face.

Anyone have any ideas?

Sounds like it may have been accidental telepathy to me. You were asleep, so your inhibitions against sending thoughts out were dropped, and your intent in the dream to shout turned into a clearly-broadcast thought. I could be wrong though.

I was wondering if it was potentially unintentional projection. One second I’m at the door, the next I’m in bed and totally bewildered at what just happened…

I’d be more concerned about moving. Scientist wrote an article about people who move whole dreaming and they say it’s a problem in the brain stem when your dreaming you should be paralyzed so your not acting out in dreams and hurting your self they were saying people who can move walk whatever will have certain illnesses within 10 -20 years most notably Parkinson’s. Weather this is true or not who knows. Scary shit none the less

Oh, no no. I didn’t actually move. My wife confirmed that I was in bed the whole time sound asleep. In my mind I was up and moving, and thought as such until I was jolted awake in bed.

Oh, no no. I didn’t actually move. My wife confirmed that I was in bed the whole time sound asleep. In my mind I was up and moving, and thought as such until I was jolted awake in bed.[/quote]

Lol cool like I said not sure if all that is true but it makes sense I guess. It would suck dreaming your in a fight and kick the shit out of your wife