Should You Warn: Baneful Castings

Glad I could help. Anything I can assist with, I will.

1 Like

Its a common trick in magick and yes sonetimes being loud is a part of it. This requires you actually understand the purpose of the trick. It largely plays off fear.

1 Like

IT’S NOT PART OF HOODOO.

Other magick, yes. Not hoodoo. That’s all I said.

4 Likes

I disagree. You are welcome to your opinion.

It’s clear you want to be right at the cost of endangering and misleading other rootworkers or spellcasters. That’s not cool.

1 Like

Hoodoo practitioners are often drawn to other spiritual practices or traditions too. From what I learned many practitioners of Hoodoo are known as Root Doctors or healers. Some see it as a form of personal power to either help themselves or to help others and guide with their knowledge of herbs, roots, crystals, animal parts.
Hoodoo is practiced based on the person’s inclinations, desires and intentions as folk magic as opposed to voodoo which is religion.

The only point that I was making is that hoodoo is not an outwardly obvious practice. I never proclaimed to know other forms of magic. I know hoodoo extremely well because I have practiced it for almost a decade. We do not go telling people that we have thrown tricks at them or laid anything down for them to walk in. Everything is done for the target not to know that they’ve had anything done to them. That’s the absolute opposite of what is being talked about in this thread. In my almost decade of doing hoodoo, I have yet to encounter anyone who has told their target they done something to them on purpose. In other kinds of magic, yes (I even posted a thread where that occurred).

The other poster (who clearly does not get that I’m now ignoring him or her) inferred that Vodou and hoodoo are interchangeable and didn’t even mention voodoo. They are not. I’m not going to listen to someone who doesn’t even know that they are 3 different things.

6 Likes

I side with this.
Sorry Meow Meow, but Voodoo and Hoodoo are not the same…by spades.

@Meowlix in the spirit of listening to both sides, She has been a Hoodoun for a decade and knows other hoodoo practitioners. May we ask why you assert your argument against her?

1 Like

Some people know how to admit they were wrong; some do not. There is nothing wrong with being incorrect. Each time is an opportunity to learn and grow.

She/He even attacked my username which referred to being new to the Goetia, not rootwork or witchcraft. She/He looks angry, ignorant and foolish. That’s her/his problem. I refuse to allow her/him to make it mine. Thank you for approaching her/him with more respect than she/he deserves. xo

3 Likes

If the situation gets bad enough to warrant real baneful magic, no warnings, no indications it might be me cursing them. “The knife that kills is the one not shown.”

4 Likes

If I were at school and wanted to thump the school bully he would only realise that two seconds before it smashed him in the face why would I act any differently if putting a curse on him, after all he might have an old granny that ten times more powerful than me and if he was talking to her that I was going to put a curse on him you are no longer dealing with the village twat and could end up trying to put out a forest fire with a watering can.
Keep quite and carry on

4 Likes

Old Testament is just BADAZZ!! I bet Michael was called on a few times for this. imagine Lightworkers getting a version of Big Mike that harms and kills humans! Yahweh seems a lot like classical Zeus to me. Like Mafia Dons. Keep it in the Family and kick a little piece upstairs every score kapece?

1 Like

According to me: no. The element of suprise when in your favor will help you to be sucessful. With a warning its like:

*a scene of somewhere in England with a lordly castle being hele by a nobleman. You bring your troops with you and call before thw gates;

You: I plan to invade your castle!

Enemy: really? Very well then I’ll prepare my defences.

My point is: with baneful magick you strike where it hurts, exploit every weakness you find. You really don’t want give your enemy wiggle room to amass their defenses or to be able to strike back, if they are able to do so they might turn the game around to your disadvantage. It’s much harder to defend yourself from an attack than it is to be the executioner, just saying.

However you do you.

Teras390

1 Like

I have to say, I’m on Team NewToThis26 on this one. My great grandmother, who babysat me for a lot of years, practiced Hoodoo, and she never warned anyone that I was aware of. Now, this could have been because she had gained a reputation and didn’t need to give anyone a forecast because folks knew what she was capable of.

When I moved to NOLA, I had a lot of talks with Ava Kay Jones, who practices both Vodou/Voodoo and Yoruba and was most interested in the fact that there are differences even between Vodou and Voodoo/Vodoun (which encompasses conjure and rootwork as well). Vodou is a religion, and Voodoo/Vodoun is a show. Vodou is reverant and rarely uses warnings, while Voodoo and Hoodoo are what the tourists have come to expect.

In case anyone is interested, this article gives some pretty good info.

As far as warnings go, a Vodou practitioner generally wouldn’t need them–their deep belief in the loa and their own power and will are enough. Voodoo relies more heavily on the “showy” side of things, which would include the more “in your face” quality of a warning that may (or may not) act on someone’s superstition in order to be effective.

I’m of the belief that warnings aren’t necessary. Ultimately, though, it’s up to the practitioner to decide based on her/his knowledge of the target’s own beliefs.

Lil

4 Likes

Nice post. I have seen many a bad old movie where in fact not only did the Witch send something but showed up where their victim was staying or hanging ususlly with a group of friends and threw blood on there victim, cursed them with satanic lore and then was thrown out.

Everyone was cynical within a week the victims hair started to fall out. I know this is a movie! But great info as i always wondered if anyone did this, i doubted it. Attack with silence and let them wonder.

1 Like

Glad you liked the info @lawclerk , but with that being said I’ll add something else. In Vodoo there are practioners that make use of special powders. The powder is made from various materials that are ground together into a fine powder. One example is made from taking a human skull (that of a child) and ground into a powder and then blown into the face of your enemy, it will ruin their life for sure. E.A talks about it in one of his courses, just make sure your skin doesn’t make contact with it when you take it out of the container, like use a glove.

I am not a voodoo practioner so I don’t know the exact process or materials needed to make things like this, since each and every house have different ways to do things. So to find out more or rather how to do it, you’ll have to find a practitioner and become their student, or find out a way to innitiate into the Voodoo current through a backdoor. In order to not piss of any practioner as self innitiation “doesn’t exist” , so to be sure to not speak out of terms in regards to something I don’t know anything about and let alone have any real experience with, I won’t say anything else regarding Voodoo or the Loa.

The point is: use surprise to your advantage but in some cases certain spells or practices requires you to face your target. Might be of use for you to know in the future if this for some reason is something you need to do. :wink:

2 Likes

Fantastic so this is where this tradition comes from! Interesting on the powder, I have not heard of this before, very informative. Many thanks.

1 Like

I was already mention the rule about the silence. Remember. Silence is gold. Every time when
I’ve been cheated by my ego to boast something I have been terribly sorry about. I still remember my biggest mistake ever when I boasted with my big success to a “friend” …

2 Likes

The only thing I can think about this is: “Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die”.

That’s totally it. lol

But seriously, I don’t think that it’ll be any good to “warn” someone. They can take the front and harm you first.

Taking the first step is the biggest advantage of the game…

1 Like

The only time when warming is good is when the target is just a fool. If you create illusion that someone cursing him he probably will go to numberless crucks who will be very happy to “clear” him regularly. This would be even better and safest than cursing him/her .

1 Like