Should I repeat spell that isn’t working

I’m using the book the 72 angels of Magick.
I truly believe that I’ve let go of longing for results as much as reasonably possible , but am not seeing any success. Should I start over and try again? should I add a more exact window of time to request this working? I need this somewhat soon.

1 Like

Starting over probably wouldn’t be a bad idea. The problem with setting a time limit on the working is that you cripple yourself. As the statement of giving a time restraint to your working is in and of itself a statement that you expect it to fail. Unless you are working with a spirit who you can tell you need it done by a certain time, don’t bother. Just do the working put everything you got into seeing it done NOW, and it will take the path of least resistance to manifest.

The problem with longing for results is that you have to do the ritual, and know without a shadow of a doubt that it is DONE. If you are worrying AT ALL about it, then you have already failed.

3 Likes

Most of the time, I think it is best to perform one working (which may comprise several rituals) and trust that it will be enough for your situation. There are times, however, when you will receive a genuine intuition that a different approach to the situation would be beneficial, or that your magick has caused the situation to change to such a state where further magick, applied to this now new situation, can get you to where you want to be.

If you feel strongly that you are being guided to perform additional magick, then I would advise taking a step back and reflecting on the situation. Repeating the same ritual is unlikely to help, so you would be wise to consider other potential pathways to the end result that you are working towards. It may even be worth performing an entire working aimed at receiving wisdom to this end. Though it will take some time now, this will often save you from much unnecessary effort and confusion in the future.

1 Like

I practice witchcraft and I work directly with Gods, Goddesses and Spirits. My primary area of concentration is the African diaspora.

In my experience, magical workings manifest at different rates of speed. ( I’m not sure I worded that correctly, but I hope you understand what I mean). Witchcraft and magic spells work the slowest. I don’t know what you are doing or trying to accomplish, but depending on what spell you do, how you do it, what you use, when you do it and intent all effect the speed it takes to become effective. Some magic gets triggered or released during a certain moon phase for instance. Working with some of the Gods and Goddesses can be faster, but some are more effectively worked with during different days or times. I think working with spirits (maybe some infernals as well, but not my area of specialty) is the fastest way to get results. Within the African traditions I would say the Orisha and Rada Lwa move slower than Petro Lwa and Mpungo. Even the “slower” Orisha and “cooler” Lwa are going to move at light speed compared to a magic spell. If time is of the essence for you, you may want to explore other ways to achieve your desired outcome.

How fast would you say hoodoo manifests in your experience?

Hoodoo can have many different meanings depending on who you talk to. In general if you are using ingredients and casting a spell it will work slower than working with a spirit. What are you trying to do? Maybe I could offer a suggestion.

1 Like

Nothing in particular. I was just curious. :slight_smile:

I have a particular interest in New Orleans Voodoo but there are a couple things that sort of keep me from it.

For me my magick number is 21 days :slight_smile:

If hage something in mind that needed answers

Could you help me to it