Should I have my Astral senses open before I start evoking spirits? Also, Ritual Daggers

Hello, I am considering attempting my first evocation tonight. I have sigils of some demons, but they do not come with circles around their sigils of the images I found them: does that mean that when drawing or copying their sigils, a circle around them is unnecessary? Or would circles surrounding their sigils be necessary? Also, as I write this, I’d say that my astral senses are moreso around “normie” levels, though I will say I think I can see auras of people and myself when I don’t look directly at them as a bright white mist.

So when I attempt my evocation, just have their sigil (possibly surrounded by a circle) on paper, make sure my mind is open, and call on them to appear? Should I wait for something to happen or should I greet them and ask them my request for them? What should I possibly do about offerings?

One more thing I’d like to ask about is ritual daggers. I tried looking for some daggers online but I wasn’t so sure of what to get. Does anyone recommend any daggers that could be used for ritual purposes, and if so, could you link to one? Also, although right now I find it unlikely, if I wanted to do a blood pact (the idea doesn’t sound so beginner friendly tbh but I could be wrong), what are some techniques where I could draw blood safely with minimal impact to my hand if that’s the purpose of them?

Thank you.

4 Likes

Not essential, but helpful. Your eyes hold focus on an area that has been circled. Don’t ask me why. This can make charging or opening easier.

This is why I would suggest developing your senses at least a little. It takes the guess work out of sensing presence and preferences.

Sure. Take your index and middle fingers of your projective hand and hold them together, stiff and straight like a blade. There’s your dagger. I would get comfy with this because you can take it anywhere. Court ritual? Check. Airport or bank? Check. Etc.

If you are going to get a blade, something sturdy with a black handle is a good choice, because they are used in many path workings. Wooden handle if you can, for anointing and engraving.

6 Likes

Development of astral senses before starting evocation would be recommended, if only to cut down on frustration of not being able to communicate to your satisfaction.
Windlass has quite a collection of quality daggers, though they aren’t exactly cheap (though compared to some of the overprized shit out there…) Black handle, preferably made of wood that resonates with you would be good. My athame’s handle is made from birch that I got from Lapland on a vision quest. It isn’t very difficult to make a new handle if you happen to like the blade and fittings of a dagger but aren’t too fond of the handle.

2 Likes

I would say you would need to develop some astral senses before evocation. You’ve gotta walk before you can run. I feel like a lot of people get excited and want to jump straight into it, but get disappointed when they dont see anything happening. If you want to make any sort of pact you’ll need to be able to communicate.

3 Likes

In my opinion, you can’t develop your astral senses effectively without the source of a manifested spirit. What signs could you possibly look for during the solo practice of any kind of astral sense? And how could you possibly know if your solo practice is successful, without the important source of a present spirit?

There are more advantages with spirits aiding us when opening our astral senses, and I’ve read a lot of guesstimations from black magic practioners that have done astral sense practices solo, but failed the comprehensive approach from a spirit during their first evocation.

The best way to develop your astral senses is with a spirit willing to open it for you.

19 Likes

I agree with this in a way, I would also recommend using a spirit that helps with Astral Senses or a demonic king/gatekeeper because they seem to be able to communicate with us in a very powerful way. I’m going to try that but its best to work on it alone as well, do both.

4 Likes

For bloodletting, consider getting diabetic lancets - you don’t have to worry about causing too much damage with those, plus they are easy to find. The pen type ones are the simplest to use, just push it against the side of your finger and press the button on it.

4 Likes

That’s very true. I hadnt thought about that :blush:

1 Like

@succupedia

That’s very interesting. Should I ask my succubi companions if they are willing to open my astral senses? Or should I look for someone more powerful? ie a demonic king? King Paimon? King Lucifer?

What is more effective? What are the recommendations? :smiley:

4 Likes

In my experience there are many spirits who will help you develop your senses. This would include incubi and succubi, however unless there’s a good reason they will not do it for you. Either way you are going to have to put in some work, but having a boost is lovely.

2 Likes

Thank you all for the replies, they are helpful.

Might you have ideas for some spirits that would help me to develop my astral senses so that I may communicate with more spirits, and if so, it would be great if I knew what their sigil was.

A “normal” succubus, if she has the knowledge and experience, can open your astral senses with ease. A more powerful entity often refine and enhance your senses as an aftermath of the general opening. The latter part is not as common, as it occurs through interaction between spirits. Hierarchical openings of your astral senses is quite the sweetspot for developing and strengthening your senses, as I see it.

3 Likes

@succupedia

That sounds awesome! I’m gonna ask my companions then. :smiley:

There was here a thread on compound exercises to train your astral senses.

Ultimate Psychic Senses Guide / Ultimate Astral Senses Guide / Ultimate Spiritual Senses Guide

So my idea was to meditate for 15-30 mins a day and doing these exercises. My succubi companions will enhance the effects if they can. I will try it out!

Otherwise I will go ask King Lucifer :sunglasses:

6 Likes

You always have great posts. Thank you for always contributing. I look forward to working with you further. Let me know if I can ever help you

1 Like