Should i do NAP? [New Avatar Power book]

So i read kybalion, secret teaching of all ages, watched some seminars on magick, researched forums…

All in all i am a beginner. Only thing i ever did beside researching and reading is meditating.

Do you think i should start practicing magick with this book, as i heard it is for beginners?

I dont wanna be an idiot that goes right into something like this, but sometimes i think thats the best way, just start practicing magic, firstly simple magic then evocations etc. What do you think?

Also what do you think of NAP? Have you had good results?
Thanks

2 Likes

Ive worked with the Nap before, its simple but repetitive and thats my only complaint. you could use it if thats something you would like to start you with but as a starting point you have to just do what you think feels right

2 Likes

I would love a NAP.

Perhaps you can break down that anagram for others who only regard NAP as a lovely siesta.

1 Like

I have no idea what that stands for, but I know the books you’re talking about. It’ll probably work.

2 Likes

NAP stands for New Avatar Power. It’s a book that was written by Geoff Gray Cobb in the1970s. I’ve not used all the rituals in it but definitely had results from the ones I have. The Astral Bomb ritual is a particularly powerful curse.

4 Likes

Yes, you can start with NAP. It is a very simplified system but some people have had great success with it. In fact, Damon Brand, a popular member of the Gallery of Magick (whose books some members of this forum swear by) based his book “The Magical Cashbook” on it.

6 Likes

I read magickal cashbook and i really liked it but i think i will start with NAP ritual for money with Nitika. Have you tried magickal cashbook?

1 Like

I did, but it was not successful for me.

I am a beginner but i think at the end it all comes down to 7 hermetic principles and tgey are the reason something worked or it didnt.

The Gallery of Magick stuff had been very hit or miss for me. My success rate is much higher using EA’s work.

Good luck with NAP.

3 Likes

Interesting to hear your experiences @DarkestKnight. I’ve had some of their rituals work very well for me, some not so much. But not sure if that is down to the spirit just not wanting to work with me, or the method or what. Were there any books of Koetting in particular that worked for you? I am currently reading Baneful magick which is excellent. Lot of food for thought in there…

1 Like

Title updated to clarify.

Update: I performed the astral bomb ritual daily for a while on a particularly toxic co-worker about 4 years ago. She then became sick with mysterious illnesses that no doctors could diagnose. :woman_shrugging: She then got covid 2 years ago and was further hammered. It led to her being absent from the office for 2 and a half years. I also heard her relationship broke up and she had some money troubles and kept having to move as the rent would keep going up and she couldn’t afford it. Unfortunately the skank has reappeared and starting to cause trouble again, so I’m having to restart magickal action against her and the astral b curse. She is easily the nastiest, most toxic bully I ever had the misfortune to meet. One of those people who contribute nothing but negativity and toxicity to the world. A psycho narcissist. Since I restarted the curse last week, she then didn’t turn up for 2 days running…hopefully I can get her to f*** off permanently this time…

5 Likes

Which works by EA exactly ? Am hesitant to start NAP.