Shooting Stars

Idk where this fits best so Divination it is.
Firstly, I am aware that shooting stars aren’t stars.
I was sitting outside on my patio earlier tonight. I was reading posts on here, actually, and smoking a cigarette. I felt an urge to look back over my shoulder at the night sky, and I saw the big dipper (my favorite constellation). I somehow knew a shooting star was about to appear, so I was looking for it. My neck hurt from the angle and nothing happened at first, but I heard “patience” in my head. A few seconds later it happened, a shooting star right by the BD where I was looking.
My theory is that the huge amounts of energy given off by it burning up in the atmosphere could have “pinged my radar”, but again I knew it was going to be there before it became visible. Any theories or similar experiences? I thought it was pretty cool regardless.

2 Likes

I often have urges to stare at the sky and I see a lot of “stars” that play with me. They will come closer, go back up out of the atmosphere or glide across the sky and then shoot off like a shooting star. I always feel like I’m being summoned when this happens. Not the same, but similar.

1 Like

It could be that you are picking up on the skygird subconsciously. I’ve noticed before a shooting star passes by, they skygrid begins to tremble and vibrate. Kind of like a spiders web. The vibrating intensifies as it gets closer. So as I was watching it vibrate I was thinking “wth is going on”. And then a few seconds later a shooting star shot over head. As it passed across each line of the grid… the lines of it acted like strings on a guitar. They bent towards the star as it passed.
And once it passed, the grid was steady again and all was quiet.

3 Likes

That’s pretty cool too, and interesting for sure. I’ve seen the bright thing you’re referring before but only once, I was in Germany at the time. Brightest blue star-looking thing, stationary for a bit then shot off, made a 90 degree turn without slowing and vanished behind a cloud.

That would make sense, ill have too look into this sky grid and see what I find out.

That is interesting, the sky has always looked like a tv screen to me but also I can see what you’re saying.

1 Like

It reminds of “Mystra’s Weave” in D&D lore.