Shark Teeth

Hi everyone! So I got some shark teeth today after working on some fossils and I got to take like two of them with me .

So I was wondering and I do have a couple of ideas for this, what would YOU use a shark’s tooth for in a magical working ?

3 Likes

Never had any to experiment with, i would suggest meditating with them and see what ideas come to mind. Your own personal symbolism will have more power in ritual when it comes to connecting with energies than anything someone else tells you.

2 Likes

Well me personally I’d look at what a shark is and does.

Maybe use it to bite through something or tear away something.
Or devour. A shark is predatory so hunting out something …like the sent of blood.

Idk haha…I’m in a place.

2 Likes

I really like this idea ! And the idea of the hunting as well !

2 Likes

I would save them for water magic. Depending on the size maybe make some protective pendents from them.

3 Likes

Im on the same page with @Eye_of_Ra look at the physical and shamanic traits of a sharky

2 Likes

@Aluriel Lamia/Ceto is known as the shark goddess i would focus on sea magick, such as using the shark teeth as a shamanic transformation into shark to explore the ocean and the unconsious mind. Another benefit is also prophecy as that is another of her gifts.

4 Likes

Thank you for all your replies guys ! These are pretty cool suggestions and I can’t wait to start looking into each of them

1 Like

I think @SabahSnoblod had the right idea. Why focus on ripping and tearing and eating, when you can instead focus on the very might of the ocean itself?

3 Likes

Keep in mind, it’s an object and doesn’t hold magical potency until it’s “activated”. Think of this as a sort of sigil. If done properly, expect good results.
I would use shark teeth in protection rituals, or anything related to masculine principles.

Good luck with your work!

1 Like

From my experience, Trilobite fossils are very good objects for primordial/oceans energies.

1 Like

That sounds very nice to me. Sharks are one of those oldest living “beasts”, full of symbolism and can activate our mind in a very strong direction. Blind, atavistic, chaotic and with a strong survival instinct - very inspiring for magical workings.
For some reason, longevity comes to my mind.

3 Likes

I would use it as a binding. I would also use to attack

2 Likes

Shark teeth feel like a water aligned athame to me :slight_smile:

5 Likes