Sharing your path with the non-occult world. Wise or sabotaging? Really need your advice

My father told me once when I was speaking to him out loud about the dark arts- that I should not speak so loudly, that others around us can hear and do not understand. He explained what we belive in and practice is sacred and esoteric- others can poison our energies that have no knowledge on the subject and view this sort of thing as negative and evil.

I’ve always been open to people about my magical beliefs and practice, trying to introduce them and spread knowledge…but I’ve been open with people who dont understand…they shun me, laugh at me, or think I’m stupid living in a fantasy world. Because of this I feel frustrated, angry, and hurt every single time. So it does poison my energy to tell people about what I practice.

What do you think about this? Do you like to keep your path in secrecy-atleast to those that will not understand? If you are open, and get negative feedback, does it ruin your energy?

12 Likes

I like to joke about it :upside_down_face:
Otherwise, I don’t tell anyone who is not in a similar predicament. Its a rather intimate thing to share.

11 Likes

If they ask, I tell them, if they don’t ask, I don’t.

11 Likes

From what I’ve seen, it rarely matters. Most people will refuse to accept that magic could be real so its just a weird hobby you have for them. Bit like being a otaku. Few will think your either insane or evil. Even fewer will be actually, genuinely interested. (My experience based on living in Finland)
I myself usually keep quiet unless I really, really trust the person(Like moving in together or over a decade of friendship kind of trust), or they express interest beforehand.

8 Likes

It is really something you have to read the crowd you’re with before talking to. I tend to talk about it pretty openly, but I am extremely selective of who I surround myself with, which helps. As for those who overhear me, they tend to hear my “religious studies” tone and often mistaken me for a scholar of some sort (my nickname by my friends is the “mad professor”, although my wife calls me the “absent minded professor”). More often than not I am mistaken for either a Buddhist, jewish or a christian so I don’t really get the cold shoulder by most. The few that have been threatened where the sulfur and hellfire types who I turn on their heads using scripture against them to back up my occult knowledge.

8 Likes

Sometimes, people are so into the dogmas of Christianity or into the dogmas of atheism, that they enter in a state of denial and fried brain when you talk about advanced occult stuff, they just don’t want things to be like that.

6 Likes

I’m open with my path with people who are into the Occult. Found some LHP people locally which is great and surprising. However, there is no way I would tell my parents, it would crush my mom and my dad would just think it is stupid.

In my everyday life I’m pretty invisible I blend in, no one really notices me and I go about my day. I have a great life and the invisibility gives me freedom.

5 Likes

You seem to have alot of confidence. Do you think confidence is crucial when talking to somebody about this thing who laughes at me. Is it that I am being too sensitive, for me to be so bothered by it? Obviously they are the wrong crowd if I get this response. But if it is too late and I have already spoken…

1 Like

Oh yeah, confidence has a lot to do with it, in any public speaking occulted related or not. It also helps when someone laughs you laugh with them in that moment and then counter their skepticism with an angle most accept as being “true” such as psychology or ethics.

And I wouldn’t say you are being too sensitive, as I get that it is something you take a lot of pride in (as many of us do). Just keep in mind this saying when it comes to discussing things with others “A person who is one step ahead of the crowd is treated as a genius. The person who is two steps ahead of the crowd is considered to be a mad man.” It’s just how people are, so don’t allow it to get you worked up or take away your freedom to discuss whatever the hell you want to.

7 Likes

And if they ask, and you tell, but they give you a very negative response…how do you react? How do you feel? Has it happened to you?

Thank you, so much.

1 Like

No problem at all :slight_smile:

listen to Linuriels advice, also, nothing will happen to your practice if you talk about it, at the max you will only be looked at as insane, at the worst, burnt or slaughtered alive like they did in Salem

4 Likes

To be fair, the deaths in Salem where by hanging and pressing. Burnings were more popular in Scotland

1 Like

oh…thx for enlightening me, i thought they were the classic witch burnings

I live in Sweden, no one cares.
If someone mock me, I’ll argue them to death. XD

8 Likes

Nah, I thought so too at one point. It was also more about acquiring cheap farm land from neighbors the council did not like than actual witchcraft. The guilt can be observeded through their “milder” form of execution when compared to their Medieval ancestors. As long as the OP does not have acres of good farm land, they will be fine lol

Edit: just realized you were making a joke…sorry mate.

Indeed, England And colonies was by hanging, Scotland And all other (I think) countries in Europe by fire.

I grew up in England, and was warned by my mother not to talk about the things I could see and feel, the dreams or the cunnings. She said I’d be ‘put away’ if anyone found out.

I think now this was another of her fear-based control techniques, since she was a narc and wouldn’t have wanted me to have skills she didn’t have or couldn’t control. It’s not far off the mark though, that talking to the wrong person could make your like a lot more difficult than it needs to be. I’ve never tried a therapist for this reason, even less so since I started with the lhp.

So my general rule of thumb is, no pearls before swine. Period.

Does it poison your energy? If you’re asking that question, maybe that’s your intuition talking that for you it does. Do some cleaning and get rid of the mundanity. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I suppose its less of what it will do to my practice and more of it hurting me emotionally and my ego. I’m quite sensitive and my feelings get hurt easily so it really bothers me inside when im faced with these sitautions. I dont want to feel like that anymore but idk how to change it

2 Likes