Sharing your doubts

I feel doubtful at the moment I write this thread. So I was thinking about sharing my doubtful feelings, while all of you shared yours. Thus helping boost confidence. I will start:

I have been struggling with sigil magick lately. I have OCD, and I’m quite into perfection. You could say there’s inner conflict in me. A part of me says draw the sigil as figure 1, another part of me says no go figure 2. Of course probably you guys would say that there’s no right or wrong way. Either figure works.

But I don’t know why can’t I shake away the feeling of doubt…

What do you guys think?

2 Likes

Every single person who works with magick will go through doubt here and there. It’s completely normal and okay. And yes I am going to say there is no right or wrong way haha. But you know what I think would be a good idea? Do it both ways. Meaning create two sigils in different ways that way you satisfy the whole OCD thing. Hope it helps.

2 Likes

Draw both, use the one that you feel is best.
As for doubts replace them with a positive thought.
I’ve decided.
It it done.
Every time doubt pops up replace it.
At some point it becomes automatic.

What i do is meditate, visualize a portal opening to your subconciouse, travel through it. Find the doubt, erase it, replace it. Travel back out, wake up.
When doubt arises remember you changed it.

3 Likes

Thanks for the advice. I was also wondering if sigils at the beginning, when first created have no power?

1 Like

The best way for me to answer your question is yes and no. If your making your own sigil it would be imbued with the energy you put into it while creating it. But there’s a activation process with sigils that opens them up to manifest what you intended for it to manifest. To activate a sigil you would usually give it another form of energy. Such as your blood, or sitting it in the moonlight etc. I personally use my saliva. It’s easier for me and, not as drastic as cutting yourself open for blood.

1 Like

So in other words, when you first draw it, but don’t activate it, it’s just a sigil with no power? I ask this because I remember one time I tried to detect the intention behind a sigil with tarot and instead of getting a solid answer regarding the sigil, I wound up getting confused…

For me sigils had a hard time working. I tried to follow other people’s ways of doing it but I come to learn my own way (which requires blood and ink) because just one or the other never worked for me

1 Like