“Share A Quote” Thread

I love that one.

2 Likes

artem-cheboha-000002-1185

Don’t go backwards into habits and situations you’ve outgrown.
You’re propelling forward for reason.

A history of trauma can give you a high tolerance for emotional pain.
Just because you can take it doesn’t mean you have to.

It’s usually not your job to detox toxic people.
It’s usually your job to detox the part of you that resonates with their toxicity.

The ONLY toxic relationship I ever HAD is the one I had with myself…
everyone else was just a reflection of that.

Be who you were before the world taught you who to be.

People are hate for being real and loved for being fake.

We’re all in the same game, just different levels.
Dealing with same hell, just different devils.

7 Likes

Awesome stuff my friend :slight_smile:

3 Likes

11 Likes

I keep thinking about this quote a lot lately

“God made manifest dwells in the flower. Although there is light in me there is also darkness” - Hermes

Although this was credited to Hermes when I found it I could not find the exact source such as what specific text this would be from. It just popped up very mysteriously one day and I never forgot it.

3 Likes

4 Likes

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.

~Mary Shelley

5 Likes

They always said nobody could take them down.

Guess what?

I’m nobody.

(Paraphrased, 8ch)

7 Likes

“My mighty attacks can not reach thee? And who decided that? My blazing sun was swallowed up by a speck of darkness? And who decided that? The only one who gets to decide such things IS ME! Now DIE!"

“I have no reason to feel hatred towards those beneath me. All I feel towards them is pity.”

-Escanor, the Lion’s sin of Pride of the Seven Deadly Sins

“Power without Pride is like a Kingdom without King”

1 Like

6 Likes

6 Likes

4 Likes

“Somebody toucha my spaghet” - Papa Bear, The Three Bears (1939)

4 Likes
3 Likes

I’m not a big fan of poetry…but this was absolutely amazing.

2 Likes

20190608_224948

20190608_224557

5 Likes

As Witches, we have learned to defang ourselves in exchange for a place for ourselves in small towns, cities, and suburbs. It would be an actual falsehood to deny that it’s beneficial for us to have at least a thin veneer of respectability.
So, we give fresh water infused with mint and homemade meringue cookies with smiles to our suburban neighbors at Pagan Prides. We head up committees on the PTA. We walk our dogs and adopt cats at our local shelters. We serve in the military. We fast our hands together in marriage, we give birth to tiny babies with names full of unfulfilled promise. We live in condos and cottages, we work in the media, we work in accounting, we work in hospitals, we honor our (recent) ancestral familial heritage at Christmas, at Rosh Hashanah, at Ramadan, at family reunions. We are everywhere. We want everyone to sleep well at night with the knowledge that we’re just like everyone else. There’s nothing to fear, we offer chanting for peace and volunteer at our local food co-operatives.
So much the better to mask what we do alone and together in the dark of the moon.
Make no mistake about it, we are Other.’

~ Deborah Castellano - Glamour Magic

6 Likes

“The soul is a magician. Only living flesh hampers it.”
― Tanith Lee, “Death’s Master”

“Strange, that when we feel we understand all things, we understand nothing. Strange, that when we feel we understand nothing we have begun, at last, to understand.”
― Tanith Lee, “The Birthgrave”

“She talks to demons.’
Yes, to one: herself.”
― Tanith Lee, “White as Snow”

“In my years, I have seen that people must be their own gods and make their own good fortune. The bad will come or not come anyway.”
― Octavia E. Butler, “Wild Seed”

“Live every day as if you’ve come back in time from a dystopian future to try and prevent everything from breaking.”
― Charlie Jane Anders

2 Likes

11 Likes

“To practice magic is to be a quack; to know magic is to be a sage.” Eliphas Levi

6 Likes