“Share A Quote” Thread

“I’m writing a book about Siamese Twins that are attached at the nose. It’s called: Stop Staring at Me!” - Zach Galifianakis

3 Likes

Yes, I think it was in the Bhagavad Gita. There it was in reference to Dharma, in some other place in Mahabharata it was specifically in reference to Spiritual Ascension. But I guess one can equate Dharma with Ascension also.

2 Likes

“Payback is like your first lay. It plays better in your head.” — Greely (From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series)

5 Likes

Couldn’t find a poetry thread. So I’ll post it here.

Under a red moon I have seen my love gone by. Celebrating victory and mending my missing eye. Against a pillar uplifting forces I rested myself in chaos of you bewildered. Tyr, balancing cosmic law of justice, overcoming diffuculties in my sincerity with true love. The storm is over and I no longer am a God of War. I raise my left hand and now know of nothing. How you lift me to higher grounds when I whisper your secret name. How I long to hold you, as we both know nothing will ever be the same.

4 Likes

Love or hate.
Same passion.
Same impulse.

5 Likes

"What is magic?

There is the wizards’ explanation, which comes in two forms, depending on the age of the wizard. Older wizards talk about candles, circles, planets, stars, bananas, chants, runes, and the importance of having at least four good meals every day. Younger wizards, particularly the pale ones who spend most of their time in the High Energy Magic building… chatter at length about fluxes in the morphic nature of the universe, the essentially impermanent quality of even the most apparently rigid time-space framework, the implausibility of reality, and so on: what this means is that they have got hold of something hot and are gabbling the physics as they go along…

… What is magic?

Then there is the witches’ explanation, which comes in two forms, depending on the age of the witch. Older witches hardly put words to it at all, but may suspect in their hearts that the universe really doesn’t know what the hell is going on and consists of a zillion trillion billion possibilities, and could become any one of them if a trained mind rigid with quantum certainty was inserted in the crack and twisted; that, if you really had to make someone’s hat explode, all you needed to do was twist into that universe where a large number of hat molecules all decide at the same time to bounce off in different directions.

Younger witches, on the other hand, talk about it all the time and believe it involves crystals, mystic forces, and dancing about without yer drawers on.

Everyone may be right, all at the same time. That’s the thing about quantum."

-Terry Pratchett, “Lords and Ladies.”

3 Likes

Very true. I think of love as the positive & hate as the negative, on the same spectrum. It’s weird when you feel both for someone. I think apathy is the opposite to both. I’ve been trying to figure out a way to represent that visually/graphically. :thinking:

3 Likes

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing that you shouldn’t put it in a fruit salad.

11 Likes

And Enlightenment is wearing it on your nose. :pray:

8 Likes

Thus Spoke Zarathustra will really fuck you up. Highly recommended. Treat it as scripture, but don’t be afraid to use marker pens.

Al.

8 Likes

Nice, thank you for the advise.

2 Likes

“Sometimes you put walls up not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to break them down.”

~Socrates~

6 Likes

Get Fucked!

This is the eternal declaration always being succinctly made with strong passion somewhere in the world. Upon awakening I use it to clear my throat and as a banishing. I have long used it as a blessing and admonition when I offer friends quality Bud(weiser).

“I think it’s clever to swear.”

The Bard of Salford, John Cooper-Clarke

Al.

4 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes

7 Likes

Why would some prefer we talk about aliens but avoid the subject of race? Why the fear in discussing what nature made? Because to me race is metaphysical. The formation of different biological expressions is miraculous. Racial awareness is spiritual to me, it’s mysticism when you combine the knowledge of one’s family lineage as well as a spiritual effort to delve into your people’s primordial and mythical times. You are a part of all those who have gone before you in your line. We are the carriers of the heritage that’s been transmitted to us and that we need to transmit into something going beyond time. That is why culture and mythology to each race, to each ethnicity is a sacred vital aspect of humanity and always will be. We’re not talking about skin color, we’re talking about the collective soul of a people that has been created over thousands of years. Race can not just be the subject of biologists but also of paleontologists, psychoanthropologists and mystics. So ofcourse we should be exploring this issue. After all we are tied to earth, we are flesh and part of nature and nature is mystical. I reject the idea that life is just a virtual reality, a quick stop to have a whimsical experience. That’s taking the easy escapist anti-earth and anti-human route. Now really getting into the thick of humanity and really living it, that’s taking the high road.

~Lana Lokteff

3 Likes

“Quiet, or Papa spank.”

• The first words Batman ever said to Catwoman, in Batman #1, 1940
11 Likes

“Don’t be sad, strange little one.
One day they’ll all be dead and you’ll take a shit on their graves.”

7 Likes

“Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own.”

Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

7 Likes