Shakti Rising: My journey from Survivor to Overcomer

No I think it would be quite alright, the whole purpose of Shatki rising, is not entirely different from this, and seems to actually be intertwined to me, despite my lack of comprehension.

It’s a completely different system, but the quest to be whole, seems to be the same.

I don’t think I need replacements for this working, but rather supplements- if that makes sense. To aid in my comprehension and application of covered concepts. Anyone following along might welcome a different way than the one I choose, too. :grinning::grin:

2 Likes

The main difference is that in Helios Unbound you are basically creating the entity, whereas the HGA is said to already exist, and you only need to reach out to it. In Magickal Destiny, the protocols are designed to help facilitate contact and communication, and as you reach out to the HGA, the HGA descends to reach out to you.

To connect with the angel, you don’t need any tools. Simply the desire to make contact is enough, though there are sigils within Magickal Destiny that are designed to help you get out of your own way and to improve the contact. Even the original Abramelin operation doesn’t involve any candles, or conjurations or anything, only prayer and some isolation.

You are also advised not to surrender yourself to the angel. The HGA is a magical protector and guide, but it does not override your free choice, though it may push you in certain directions to further your growth and development. Its role is kind of similar to the kind of guidance you receive from Hel and Hecate, for example.

2 Likes

Uh, the same one you kill in Kendall’s The Necromancer? If this is a being of substantial power, that wasn’t it in the book, as it was weak, as I recall. Well, in my case.

2 Likes

Yeah, I remember that description from your journal. The actual HGA is so much more than whatever that insubstantial thing was. I haven’t worked Kendall’s book, but just based on everything I know about the Holy Guardian Angel, what you destroyed was not one (plus, the HGA of Abramelin fame is not an actual angel, like say, Michael, or Raphael are.)

3 Likes

I agree. When I have targeted…people…that may be notable they blossom outwards with another entity almost, because of the coupling. Especially people that have known names or are considered “personalities”.

3 Likes

I remember thinking, when I read your journal, that it had to be some type of thoughtform. I mean, considering that the HGA in the original Abarmelin operation is supposed to help bind and constrain the demons of Hell and make them swear allegiance to the magician, it must possess considerable power to be able to do so.

3 Likes

That thing was so…not developed…that it couldn’t be the same thing.

I also remember handing over the “djinn” assigned at birth to a Shaitan djinn I maintain relations with. My expectations about the “angel” were low. The sub still serves. I asked.

2 Likes

That is interesting because in the Ultimate Divination, the goal is to surrender, but it’s more aimed at sexually.

If I understand correctly, they believe this to actually be you, but a better form or ideal form of yourself.

I think the idea of surrender gets a bad rap, especially in the LHP, because for some reason people see it as giving up their free will, but within the context of spirituality, what it actually means is to move the conscious ego out of the way and allow Something Greater to move through you.

4 Likes

Ah I can understand this. You know I’ve always been afraid of that, afraid to loose my sense of self since in many ways I have given it up trying to be what other people wanted me to be.

I know it’s not the same, but it’s the reason I wouldn’t invoke or let entities inside of me, why I was so hard on the be the damned operator, don’t be abused by the spirits you think might help you, etc.

In many ways it’s aided me, to take control and be sure of what I was doing but it also seems to be something I’ve completely missed the benefit of attempting- mostly due to fear.

Even like with possession, I wouldn’t allow it simply because if I have no way of being certain my beliefs and rights and knowledge of what happened wouldn’t be violated, I can’t convince myself it’s worth the risk. How do I know any rules would be adhered to?

Certainly my uncertainty would make it a risky endeavor, and so thusly…. I’ve ruled it out completely, whether or not that’s what I should be doing.

Ya know, it’s like making a paranoid decision but feeling like you have to stick to it, because to not is to take an unfounded risk…

:woman_facepalming:

4 Likes

Knowing when to exert control, and when to let go, is a balancing act we all must eventually learn. Magick, like life, is a delicate dance between holding on tight, and stepping back to allow things to unfold as they will.

4 Likes

Ah. Such a wise mind with a good reminder. I say this with healing work, but man.

It applies to everything, doesn’t it?

4 Likes

Unfortunately, yes. And it is something I constantly struggle with. I have a tendency to want to control everything, and end up holding on so tightly that nothing can move or flow.

4 Likes

Been saying this for a while…just sayin…just like you…

2 Likes

This…can lead people to use things that cause them to give it up for a period of time. Or make decisions that result in similar thing. Been there, on both counts, a while ago. I am still drawn to Surrender. Surrendering a part to advance the whole.

Ironically, this is the same position that have been taken by the Lwa I’ve interacted with. Because people of power are needed to help things, which, I believe, is a concept you recently said… Which means service for power and knowledge, which is what it always has been, as far as I’m concerned. (I do acknowledge accomplished people that haven’t take this route, but that doesn’t seem to be what’s presented)…

(may I say this?" Of course.)
Papa Legba: She is going through her metamorphosis. Let her. Help her".

Of course. Let me know.
(edit - there was a loud jumble of voices. Legba was most coherent. Samedi was there, as was Bridgitte and someone I don’t know, but not Kirminelle)

2 Likes

Forgive me, but when we surrender intelligently, we allow those already fighting for us to shine, building upon the work we have done, the efforts we have made, to bring us to a higher place where we can shine more brightly

2 Likes

Whatever I need, in my humble opinion.

2 Likes

I may need a few more words for clarification my friend.

2 Likes

Indeed. Hail those friends who always have our backs!

Some I’ll be forever indebted to.

2 Likes

If only I understood what that meant…

I’m willing, but I don’t know what’s expected or asked of me in most cases. Even when I think I do, I don’t know the steps to get there, or the best route.

2 Likes