Shadownomicon question

Has anyone here read through DH Thorne’s Shadownomicon? And if so can you tell me if you need to read Become the Maelstrom before you work through it?

2 Likes

From what I understand, it might be helpful for a look at Thorne’s personal system, but not really necessary to work with the Shadows. @anon39079500 worked through the Shadonomicon so perhaps he can chime in.

2 Likes

Ah, I see.

Page 131 of the Shadownomicon:

If you are at all new to the practice of Magick, do not go through with any of the rituals or practices in this book. This book is meant for people who are intermediate or advanced. Working with this book does NOT require my original book (become the maelstrom), however it goes without saying that mastering the material in the that book [Become the Maelstrom] will properly prepare you for performing the Magick contained in this work. If you already have your own functional methods and systems, study carefully my principles and take care not to alter my methods too much, but feel free to adjust them to fit your skill and practice and beliefs.-D.H. Thorne

Hope I’m not breaking a rule here if I quote the book…

3 Likes

No, a quote is fine :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yup, I just read that a few minutes ago. Thanks for helping out

I did read Maelstrom beforehand. While the system was interesting, I didn’t really use it. I have a different point of view about most things.

So, I didn’t use Maelstrom stuff in my work through. I followed the book, mostly,minus some of the protection stuff. Didn’t use the tourmaline protective ring, the protective candle, or the salt. All three are part of the same protection piece,so that makes sense.

4 Likes

How did you get the sigil of Legion into your grimoire? I tried tracing it but it didn’t come out too good @norse900

1 Like

It doesn’t have to be good or pretty. Mine was just the triangle with the long lines and a crappily drawn eye in the middle. It’s just a symbol.

3 Likes

No you don’t need “become the maelstrom” but is one of the best in contemporary grimoires, with simple powerful rituals and the Goetia sigils have a personal touch. His writings are awesome.

Anyways back to your question the manifestation triangle of the shadownicom has a very similar vibration to the one of the Azazel manifestation triangle. That means those workings are for advanced black witches (males and females).

Those workings with the shadow entities will bring energies from the other side there where you are so the situation can explode any time.
The workings with the shadows are best when you need to crush environments but you have to be blackened and dark if not the shadows can consume you too.

Most of my workings were done without the eye, tbh. It is a nice to have not necessary, and I overlapped some cheap incense holders to create a similar effect, as seen in my work through photos.

A triangle is a triangle, differing by intent and use. Take.it for what it is and treat is as separate from other practices in the beginning to really work through that specific current.

This isn’t a Balg book, so similarities should be left behind until they make sense to you.

3 Likes

I see, that makes sense about the eye. Can you tell me where you got the obsidian from though?
@norse900

1 Like

Didn’t use it. I used Smokey Quartz. I just bought a semi polished one, about an inch and a half to two inches long.

Size isn’t going to matter to Legion and I didn’t run into any problems shoving multiple parasites in it at one point (dissolving their energy into it).

3 Likes

This is what I used. I put it in a cheap candle holder. I just took this to show you.

This is how I store it now. Covered, of course.

4 Likes

Oh, that makes it much easier then. An average sized piece will do then and a smaller candle holder as well, huh?

1 Like

Simple works. Here’s a shot of what I used for Legion’s Eye. I didn’t use it during ritual, but as in my pre-ritual build up, opening it like a sigil. Blue ink, even.

4 Likes

Cool if I dm you? @norse900

1 Like

Of course. I’ll be off and on all day. Going on a 5 mile hike in a bit and service can be spotty at points.

3 Likes

Did you get it? @norse900

1 Like

Yes, haven’t read it yet. Getting ready to leave.

3 Likes