Shadow work: What is it? How can i start?

Hi all,
So Ive had some deep emotional issues that stem from my childhood. Ive even vented to Lucifer (who said he was ok with it and has even came on me crying or hurt) and he himself has recommended shadow work to me. At the time i was and still kind of am impatient (im working on that, it takes time honestly) and i blew the idea off. But tonight Ive come to terms that i need shadow work. That these issues do bother me. Has anyone undergone shadow work? Can you tell me what its like? what are good resources? Any help is appreciated

2 Likes

[quote=“Dragon Crow, post:1, topic:8896”]Hi all,
So Ive had some deep emotional issues that stem from my childhood. Ive even vented to Lucifer (who said he was ok with it and has even came on me crying or hurt) and he himself has recommended shadow work to me. At the time i was and still kind of am impatient (im working on that, it takes time honestly) and i blew the idea off. But tonight Ive come to terms that i need shadow work. That these issues do bother me. Has anyone undergone shadow work? Can you tell me what its like? what are good resources? Any help is appreciated[/quote]

I would too this is interesting.
And I can so relate. I have pitched temper fits and crying fits with Azazel. He just waits patiently for it to pass, for me to get it out of my system. Then he explains it all and starts working on the healing.
Ive been a handful but hell if a demon cant handle me who can :wink:

1 Like

Shameless totally unrelated Tool plug.

[quote=“Thagirion, post:3, topic:8896”]Shameless totally unrelated Tool plug.

ill look into it

[quote=“arianna, post:2, topic:8896”][quote=“Dragon Crow, post:1, topic:8896”]Hi all,
So Ive had some deep emotional issues that stem from my childhood. Ive even vented to Lucifer (who said he was ok with it and has even came on me crying or hurt) and he himself has recommended shadow work to me. At the time i was and still kind of am impatient (im working on that, it takes time honestly) and i blew the idea off. But tonight Ive come to terms that i need shadow work. That these issues do bother me. Has anyone undergone shadow work? Can you tell me what its like? what are good resources? Any help is appreciated[/quote]

I would too this is interesting.
And I can so relate. I have pitched temper fits and crying fits with Azazel. He just waits patiently for it to pass, for me to get it out of my system. Then he explains it all and starts working on the healing.
Ive been a handful but hell if a demon cant handle me who can ;)[/quote]
i relate on a personal level

[quote=“Thagirion, post:3, topic:8896”]Shameless totally unrelated Tool plug.

neat vid actually

Core shamanism teaches some methods, they’re mainly done in trance states and can vary from “My life changed forever!” to “erm, yeah, knew that already” - as a GOD, though, it may be best to get creative? :slight_smile:

So that leads me to ask, if you found yourself writing an outline of a movie, with a hero/heroine who’s like you (or maybe idealised or more flawed, whatever appeals most) and you gave them a single genie-wish to do THEIR shadow work - what would it look like?

Would it be a long process, or a series of events in order (maybe working the shadow side of each atsrological sign - that is from CS) - or a single cathartic event, maybe, then then follow-ups as needed?

And what would your shadow/s look like, feel like, do you have a vivid idea of this, and if you do, suppose you were on the USS Enterprise (C!) and had a holodeck - how would you interact with it?

Would you embrace it, kill it, fight it, converse with it, and what (this is probably most important) would you hope to get from this?

And what would it take for you to be able to move forward, afterwards? What would that shadow work need to have done? :slight_smile:

If you don’t know the answer (and obviously these are just ideas, not things you have to answer here or anything!!), then play at guessing, and if you get a chance to visualise and run mental simulations of the above, with them held purely as experiments, not any big deal, and the answers change, that’s cool, in fact probably likely to happen anyway! :slight_smile:

5 Likes