Servitor question

I am starting to get into servitor creation but I am honestly confused on what it is actually capable of.
I am a professional PC game player, but I know very little about the capability of magic in the topic of PC games.
What is actually possible as far as servitors and PC games?

Thanks!

2 Likes

I would think of this as an emerging niche in magick hat has yet to be explored in detail, at least on this forum.There are probably a few people who have some UPG from their own experiments, but that will also include related workings sich as, enhancing luck and skills.

Like all magick, the limit will be your imagination, your will, and your connectedness to the energy to implement your intentions. What you you want to have possible?

3 Likes

For example, could I create a servitor to greatly increase my chances of a certain item dropping when I kill a certain boss?
This is kind of an example of what I am interested in.
Thanks for your response.

I use them to store energy from the constant input from my hands to the control or my computers keyboard.

Every two increases the stored energy. Use the energy for whatever, I personally use it later for the creation of brand new servitors but you don’t have to, you could use it right then magically towards any goal for example:

Author Taylor Elwood uses something similar. For him every tap on the control is building the energy to be released when he wins a match. Winning a match automatically disperses the energy which he uses to relieve himself of writers block.

You can do this with any mundane action as energy work or to store energy or to feed servitors etc.

I’ve also used sigils to increase my gaming skills- repeating a mantra designed to learn new things while playing. I’ve seen it help me increase my stats by increasing my proficiency in certain aspects of the games I play.

3 Likes

Well I don’t mean actually playing the game to create energy but that is an interesting idea. I mean I want to create a servitor intended to helping me with certain aspects of the game or it manifesting items that already have the probability to manifest without magic just pretty low odds.

I’d look into Magickal Servitors by Damon Brand.

Servitors can do a variety of things, and I have used “good luck” magick to get some good gacha drops before, which amused me greatly. It’s not a 100% all the time thing though. It can happen but you don’t want to push it beyond its limitations. The end result for me in that situation was that I got to play the game in a more enjoyable way for me without shilling out boatloads of cash. It wasn’t like all shiny legendaries or whatever, but I got a result that actually mattered for my pleasure.

What you could do is create a servitor whose domain is your gaming career. It could help with your income, your skills, and bring general fortune to that situation. Some spirits are known to be able to interfere with electronics, but it’s not like a reliable physical jamming device.

Instead of focusing on something like “I need these drops,” focus on, “I need an income from this.” If you focus on what you actually really need, the other details follow.

2 Likes

Hahah I am literally reading that was we speak.
Thanks for your input, the drops was just a more understandable example! I have a few idea’s I just need
to learn more about what is actually possible for this kind of thing.

I don’t see why not. You can Influence online tarot services to give you a decent reading by channeling the energy of the question from you in the direction of the algorithms behind it.

I’m sorry I should have said that with the rest- I’m out and about today though, and didn’t think about how difficult it would be to jump from what I said to where you are lol.

The answer is yes, how well it works will depend on your skill with servitors, your patience while it learns and whether or not anyone else is intentionally or accidentally influencing the game- someone could do it accidentally with intense rage thoughts in a pvp scenario, or otherwise.

Not all mages are gamers and visa versa- but a lot are so, tho might bump into them once in a while.

1 Like

I’m using typing and mouse moving as feeding action for one im gestating at present.

That is an interesting idea. I wonder what degree of influence a servitor could exert for something like this? Keen to hear the results of your experiment.

You could of course self direct it, ie to improve your reflexes, concentration and ability to intuit the upcoming actions of opposing players.

If I was still on my gaming bent I would probably consider something similar. Retired with 133 virtual chicken dinners in solo mode.

2 Likes

Thanks, I will let you know how it goes.
I will be doing experiments with this shortly!

2 Likes