Serpent Meditation Experiences

In the beginnings of the Black Magick course offered by EA he gives us a meditation he terms the Serpent Meditation. He recommends we do it 5 to 25 (ideal) minutes a day, once a day, and that we will begin to see amazing effects in our life and in our magickal ascent. I do believe he said that this is not a meditation like most to bring something necessarily INTO oneself but to AWAKEN something new within oneself. I am running on very little sleep so I could be wrong on that.

I have been doing it on and off for a while, something I should not do. EA warned about this in the video when he stated that when beginning a routine of doing this meditation daily one should not stop for it will cause life to spiral downward. Whether through coincidence with my recent sharpened issues with an astral parasite or all by itself, I fell out of routine of doing it and, sure enough, my life has begun to spiral down in ways it never has before.

Just a few minutes ago I finished doing the Serpent Meditation for the first time in 2 weeks; the hardest, most exhausting, most stressful, most painful two weeks of college so far. The meditation lasted for a total of 20 minutes. Let me say that this was a very unique experience that seperates itself out from other meditations and rituals I have done in the 9 - 10 months of me practicing magick seriously.

I turned off all the lights in my room, set a timer on my phone for 25 minutes (yes, 25) and began the meditation. Being exhausted, in a dark room around 4am, doing meditations and magick has always put me slightly on edge. It always gives me that tingly feeling of fear up my spine. As I began to do this meditation over and over I kept expecting it, part of me almost trying to force it, but it never came. As I went on with the meditation I felt myself becoming warm, but not in a body warm if that makes sense. I felt full inside, my entire body felt full and warm in a spiritual sense. I felt oddly safe and protected while doing this, no matter how many times my mind expected and tried to force those scared and nervous feelings upon me.

As I continued with the meditation (it is really a chant of sorts) I felt as if my very being was seperating itself in an odd sense. I hadn’t moved from my chair or shuffled my legs or arms around a bit, but I felt as if my entire body had been pushed forward a bit: the upper half leaned forward a bit and, consequently, my lower half (legs mostly) went back a bit. Almost as if my entire perspective and spatial sense had been rotated. I continued to do this and I felt this in more various ways. My hands felt like they were not physical but were. . . something else. My feet, still in their same spot, felt like they had widen apart a considerable distance but I knew they were still in the same spot. It is this very weird duality between my physical body sense and this “other” sense of being.

I just felt at peace and, for once, felt that “falling through” feeling that is mentioned with some rites, rituals, and spells. I didn’t want it to end. I wanted to do this for an hour and see how far I could go, but at about the 20 minute mark my alarm went off early and I snapped out of it all with a shock! I was disappointed to be out of this, but I also felt absolutely amazing. I have been up almost 24 hours at this point but I now feel completely invigorated, aware, and just overall amazing! I will definetly be doing this daily and for as long as I can.

For the others here who have also done/been doing the Serpent Meditation: what have your experiences been like? Have you noticed any long-term effects? If so, what are/were they? Was your experience similar to mine?

2 Likes

Sounds fascinating! I don’t have the course (might get it later this year, we’ll see) so reading about it is cool. :slight_smile:

One question - you said that this serpent meditation is going to cause problems is you stop - does that mean, like, never? And if so, is it an integral part of the course, without which you can’t really use the other bits?

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:2, topic:7187”]Sounds fascinating! I don’t have the course (might get it later this year, we’ll see) so reading about it is cool. :slight_smile:

One question - you said that this serpent meditation is going to cause problems is you stop - does that mean, like, never? And if so, is it an integral part of the course, without which you can’t really use the other bits?[/quote]

EA Mentioned it in Section 2 I believe. When speaking of the Serpent Meditation I cannot remember if he said not to stop this specific meditation but he did say that stopping the meditation has led to him personally having some pretty bad downward spirals.
Honestly, after doing the meditation just once I want to do it more. Just today I worked from 4am till 9:30pm STRAIGHT (no breaks at all; I have some magick to thank for that after my past 2 weeks!) so with the time I have to relax i’m going to go through the forum some, continue to work with my guardian demon/entity (EA’s own words to me) and, before I sleep, do the Serpent Meditation to put me in that wonderful place again.

He also mentioned that for those who had not done meditation for a while it may take 3 days to 2 weeks for the full effects to be seen (once more). I do plan to stick with it and I can’t wait to see the great things that will come from it.

And is this meditation integral to the course, I mean would someone be able to benefit from the whole course without beginning to do it?

I’m pretty sure. Parts of the course are about concecration rites, psychic vampyrism, candle magick etc. It is mainly something he throws in as something to aid you. I find it to be wonderful, personally.