Seriously Questioning Horror Movies

The attitude towards spirits in Asia is one of horror and repulsion, but if you want a refreshing viewpoint on most subjects Japanese movies are great. Gourmet cannibalism with no character judgements? Try The Last Supper, or Saigo no bansan (2005). Totally worth it. Visitor Q Is not horror, but it is about a really messed up family, and a random guy who hits them over the head with rocks, and makes them go back home and act right.

India has some good, gritty, dark movies. Not that Bollywood shit either. Real Indian movies.

I do agree with you even though I love horror movies.
I do recommend the movie “a dark song” that seems to use a lot of facts about magic.
I thought it was great.

A Dark Song

1 Like

I know that feeling, like they have gotten the “occult” and Daemons etc all completely wrong, and it is almost offensive now to me.

I get a surg watching and reading Horror, always have but I fully know it’s all bs. I sometimes forget there are too many out there that can’t make that discernment from their own fault or societies.

A friend got me to watch some episodes of Supernatural with her (something I’ve been avoiding) and one episode they went on a rant about how witches are bad and Witchcraft is dangerous and evil. They then proceeded to create a “witch killing” potion.

I turned to my friend and laughed. “There are quite a few Witches who swear by the authenticity of this program… ya no, this is such bs.”
She smirked and said, “It’s entertainment, what are they thinking?”
Hollywood still picks and chooses what it feels is “okay” and what is “just fiction” but will allow the tumblr arena that was the new Ghostbusters.

1 Like

Clicked on this expecting a serious Q&A thread with the intelligences behind/of horror movies. I’m disappointed OP! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t really find horror movies scary anymore. I recently went to see IT in the theater. I liked that one scene where the groups is seeing all this supernatural stuff and the staff at the restaurant isn’t. Also I liked how they each sacrifice something from their childhood and summon Pennywise.
That said if it wasn’t for other people really wanting to see it, I probably wouldn’t have bothered although it wasn’t bad.
I kind of hate those pointless gore fests. I remember being really disgusted when I first saw the thing, but some similar scenes in IT were like yeah, whatever.

You just said what I was about to write. XD
It is all about the money, just look at The Conjuring series and Paranormal Activity.

This IS the LHP dream; materialistic, boderline predatory, practices to gain physical wealth, fame, and power.

Come on guys, live a little. :smiley:

1 Like