Sephiroth / qlipoth

This might be a stupid question as these concepts are fairly new to me: people talk about “initiating into the qlipoth” which I understand to be a purposeful attempt to learn the lessons/develop yourself in accordance with that sphere…which im told is a purposeful working and undertaking … my question is this: do people initiate into the sephiroth in the same way? Must it be done with the same intention? And if not, could simply working with say Gabriel, initiate you automatically into that sephiroth? Thanks

The only being that belongs to both Sephiroth and Qliphot is the Archangel Samael. He can help you with both Trees. For the specific part of Tree of Life or Tree of Knowledge, you should aim for guidance of the Patron of that part or a sphere.

Thanks, im not being clear let me rephrase- if i called on Gabriel, say, having no knowledge or intention of initiating on to the tree- does that mean I’m initiated onto the tree automatically? Or does one need to perform a specific initiation rite, say from the system of golden dawn for example.

No, you would have to ask the ruling angel of the Sephiroth to be initiated into the Sphere. It doesn’t happen automatically.

Another option would be pathworking the tree itself.

3 Likes

1 Like

This is a little difficult to answer as it depends on what system (or tradition) we are talking about. For example, if you are working in a more ceremonial direction (which would be known as Quabalah), I would agree with @DarkestKnight. In the case of Gabriel, he would be initiating you into Gevurah the Sephirot of Strength and Discipline/ Judgement on the Pillar of Severity. For the other sephirots, you could be intitated by that ruling angel.

Now, if we are talking Kabbalah (which is the more Jewish leaning system) it depends entirely on what school you are working with. One focuses heavy on texts, another by meditation, and the third on using Godnames to essentially tap into magic. Where they all meet is that initiation and climbing the tree involves actively participating in life, observing it, and facing personal challenges, as there is a more pantheistic view of the Divine than a monotheistic one found in Judaism. One meets God and his emanations through themselves as they live life kind of deal.

And of course there are other systems such as Cabalah (which is more Christian inspired) that has its own thoughts. I could go on and on with this, so I will summarize. The concept of the Tree of Life and the Sephirots has been around for a very, very long time. It has grown into many different forms over the years and likely will continue to grow as time moves on. So, if you want to immerse yourself into it, pick a system you are comfortable with and go for it.

4 Likes

That’s a very good answer to that question.