Sensory Deprivation for Divination - On The Cheap

Thought I’d share this with you guys.

A few years ago, I got a bunch of foam earplugs (off Amazon) for like 12$. I still have 5 pairs, so it’s cost effective. The brand and model happened to be “Hearos 33”. The 33 is significant, because that’s 33 decibels of noise reduction. I chose these on purpose. They aren’t perfect, but they will remove all typical household noises from your hearing.

Follow the instructions, and after a few minutes once the foam has expanded in your ear canal, you are good to go! Close your eyes and sit comfortably. Blank yourself as much as possible. Let go. Peer into the visual noise your eyes are still pumping into your brain. Follow it like a zooming in on a picture. Pay attention to the sounds you hear. Don’t control it! This is goal-less, unguided meditation. (Until you ‘get it’, then do what you want.)

For me, after 20 minutes of hearing my internal noises I started hearing faint voices, conversations, music and all sorts of fun stuff. Part of it must be hallucinations brought on by sudden sensory deprivation. I started seeing things too.

Thing is, some pretty vivid experiences occurred as well, and I still practice this once per week. It’s an excellent way to quiet the mind and truly listen to what’s going on inside yourself. (Well for those of us who don’t have room for a sensory deprivation tank.)

… and then of course, there are the divination and soul travel aspects of it all, but that’s for YOU to explore. :wink:

Trust yourself.

Ra

1 Like

I can vouch, earplugs can be a useful meditative tool. Someday I’d like to cut some ping pong balls and fasion a pair of goggles, LED lights would be attached that would illuminate them with a variety of colors. Such goggles combined with headphones are used in psi experimentation. Sensory deprivation tank salons are still around in some cities, I’d go for a float if the opportunity arose.

1 Like

[quote=“Rahnoren, post:1, topic:9206”]Thought I’d share this with you guys.

A few years ago, I got a bunch of foam earplugs (off Amazon) for like 12$. I still have 5 pairs, so it’s cost effective. The brand and model happened to be “Hearos 33”. The 33 is significant, because that’s 33 decibels of noise reduction. I chose these on purpose. They aren’t perfect, but they will remove all typical household noises from your hearing.

Follow the instructions, and after a few minutes once the foam has expanded in your ear canal, you are good to go! Close your eyes and sit comfortably. Blank yourself as much as possible. Let go. Peer into the visual noise your eyes are still pumping into your brain. Follow it like a zooming in on a picture. Pay attention to the sounds you hear. Don’t control it! This is goal-less, unguided meditation. (Until you ‘get it’, then do what you want.)

For me, after 20 minutes of hearing my internal noises I started hearing faint voices, conversations, music and all sorts of fun stuff. Part of it must be hallucinations brought on by sudden sensory deprivation. I started seeing things too.

Thing is, some pretty vivid experiences occurred as well, and I still practice this once per week. It’s an excellent way to quiet the mind and truly listen to what’s going on inside yourself. (Well for those of us who don’t have room for a sensory deprivation tank.)

… and then of course, there are the divination and soul travel aspects of it all, but that’s for YOU to explore. :wink:

Trust yourself.

Ra[/quote]
Great tips I may have to give that a try. Cheers!

1 Like

Being a gun owner, I always have ear plugs around. I’ve never thought about this, but I’ll have to give it a try. Thanks for the post!

1 Like

I’ve actually done a sensory deprivation float in a spa in Asheville, NC…Still Point Wellness has a tank for the nearby and interested. I personally didn’t like it because all my attention went to my neck being unsupported and uncomfortable the whole time, and my inner ear got really confused and made me motion sick. I had to sit up every now and then to tell my inner ear that it wasn’t spinning around.

But I did see lots of blue light and hear wheels turning and such.

Warning…Do Not Rub Your Eyes in there. The salt will burn.

2 Likes