Self Introduction

Hey Everyone,
I’m obviously new here, and this is the recommended introduction. I’m excited to have found a community of serious magicians and followers of various paths. I’m a 27 year old male residing in the US. I’ve been a life long student of YHWH, and have followed the way of Yeshua. I’ve always felt a strong connection to Magick, yet never indulged my true passion due to the implied connotations. I recently have poured myself into the study of the mystery traditions with zeal and academic fervor. However reading the ancient texts can only bring me so far. I have so much to learn, and am honored to be in the company of adepts.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum. Are there any topics you’re more interested in learning? Are there areas you’d rather avoid?

2 Likes

Welcome to our corner of the internet.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @Severus, great to have you here :wave:t5::slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m very interested in practical and experiential work. I have read through:
the Lesser Key of Solomon, The Tree of Life, Llewellyn’s Complete book of Ceremonial Magick, Techniques of Solomonic Magic, The Black Arts, and Gems from the Equinox. (And I have also “speed read” HPB’s Secret Doctrine 1&2.)

I have attempted several rituals and spent countless hours developing magical instruments and practicing the vibrating of names, but so far I have had zero tangible experiences.
I am frustrated, and at this point there is no topic I’d attempt avoiding.
I only seek understanding, meaningful endeavor, and the power of those who have come before.
The subject matter is so expansive though and I’d like to know how to best focus my efforts.

Honestly High Magick has the most appeal, but if low magic is more likely to produce any kind of result then I’m not too arrogant to practice.

Thank you for your time and attention, obviously this is a passion which I can not share with friends or family.

2 Likes

I’m betting most of us feel this way around here :slight_smile:

Even though you’ve done a lot of reading and some practice, I’d recommend doing a search for “beginner tutorials”. There are a lot of them here and sometimes, someone else’s explanation of what something feels like can make the difference.

I’m not ceremonial, but there are plenty of people here that are. If you get stuck on a particular part of a ritual or you feel like you’re losing momentum at certain points or similar, then post about that. If it’s from a specific book or website, state that, as it can only help.

2 Likes

Excellent advice, thanks again

1 Like

Is there a particular ceremonial system that attracts you?

The Solomonic tradition is compelling to me. Poetically, symbolically, and also the internal consistency is logically satisfying, however I have not had any experiential success as of yet. Also Dr. Dee’s Enochian system is likewise fascinating, however I’ve studied that with only minimal depth thus far.

1 Like

Can I ask what your opinion is? I’m very open to any advice or personal recommendations.

Opinion of what?

What is the best starting point practically to begin one’s accent?
I just ordered several of E.A.’s books after reading your 5/5 thread So that I can familiarize myself with the techniques you mentioned.
The paradigm seemed so intuitive yet profound.
I feel as though I grasped more through your Q&A of the spirits than the last 2500 pages of ancient texts and grimoires.

1 Like

EA’s system is very simple and doesn’t require a lot of tools. My current practice is generally based on the one in his book Evoking Eternity, though I still add some more ceremonial rituals like the LBRP and the LIRP sometimes.

1 Like

Excellent, Evoking Eternity is arriving Sunday; I look forward to devouring it. Thanks for the recommendation.

1 Like