Seeking NON goetic seals and sigils

Going through the search feature can be hours of sighing with nothing to reel in. i have noticed that sometimes pages of handwritten sigils and seals have been linked in “imgur.com” but even though I am registered I still cannot seem to find but only 4 sigils.

There are some sad flaws in collating data in the occult world. So i am looking into creating some kind of “wikidemon” type data base so that a person does not have to get a bread crumb here, one over there.

i spent all night trying to find NON Geotic sigil for Vine. i do not know why, but never has goetic anything been worth my time- hate it.

If anyone has a list of sigils on imgur, or anywhere else I can copy down and then get into some encyclopdeic form of data collection i would appreciate it. This would also include sigils and seals you made if you wish.

The Demonolatry goetia has a good format; but also is woefully scant on info.

Thanks

1 Like

Many non goetic sigils are modern creations or modernly demon-inspired creations given by the demon itself. Thus, there may not be an “official” sigil.
If you were to make such a site, it would be neat to have any non goetic demons/spirits in forum format so people could post their own. Just an idea. It would be interesting to see differences and similarities.

I feel your pain though, I have struggled with this same situation. You can contact Vine without a sigil and see if one is provided to you.

1 Like

Actually, that is what i am wanting to do.ASAP, I plan on me and Vine getting a decent sigil for him

[quote=“elfmirfkin, post:2, topic:4980”]Many non goetic sigils are modern creations or modernly demon-inspired creations given by the demon itself. Thus, there may not be an “official” sigil.
If you were to make such a site, it would be neat to have any non goetic demons/spirits in forum format so people could post their own. Just an idea. It would be interesting to see differences and similarities.

I feel your pain though, I have struggled with this same situation. You can contact Vine without a sigil and see if one is provided to you.[/quote]

1 Like

Azrael and I had a chat about this a few months back. Said that the process of unfolding was infinite, so milestones of achievement are pointless. In fact, the magician should instead focus on learning to accelerate their growth.

Taken on a far less esoteric level, it’s not what you know, but your capacity to uncover and implement that knowledge. So, to put it another way, there are an infinite number of spirits with an infinite number of portfolios, so one should instead focus on uncovering and evoking spirits as they’re needed.

tl;dr Discovering spirits is fun and should be engaged in.

Excellantly put. Even though I want to grab every rung on the ladder there is, and use it to its fullest; i want to be able to accelerate my ascent, and increase my stamina to ascend faster than i currently do. I often feel i have to put so much effort into each and every rung- by the time I get it, I am so fatigued and sencless that i hardly remember why i went for the rung in the first place. i have done "5 years of wisdom in 1 year’ covenants- which are brutal and greuling and I am now thinking had more hard on my wife and children than worthwhile for me.
The sigils and seals for me are not so much for acheivement as ‘needed enrgies’ for direction and power towards the acheivment.

Thankx

[quote=“Creed, post:4, topic:4980”]Azrael and I had a chat about this a few months back. Said that the process of unfolding was infinite, so milestones of achievement are pointless. In fact, the magician should instead focus on learning to accelerate their growth.

Taken on a far less esoteric level, it’s not what you know, but your capacity to uncover and implement that knowledge. So, to put it another way, there are an infinite number of spirits with an infinite number of portfolios, so one should instead focus on uncovering and evoking spirits as they’re needed.

tl;dr Discovering spirits is fun and should be engaged in.[/quote]

Here’s a diagram displaying many of such sigils:

[url=http://www.ocult-ro.com/2012/01/demonolatry-basics.html]http://www.ocult-ro.com/2012/01/demonolatry-basics.html[/url]

I shoulda been more specific. I have those from Connolly’s Book- which is where ocult-Ro go9t them as he was closely linked to the GenDem group-
I have to say- judging by what EA says about Focalors intense being- the sigil looks like a demons standing some guy(or gal?) on their head- if anything says “Have your shit wired tight” that so does it for me !

[quote=“Enlightener_Illuminator, post:6, topic:4980”]Here’s a diagram displaying many of such sigils:

[url=http://www.ocult-ro.com/2012/01/demonolatry-basics.html]http://www.ocult-ro.com/2012/01/demonolatry-basics.html[/url][/quote]

Well DM, the sigils I have for beings (commonly known in grimoires) in my notebooks fall under several categories:

1. Strictly from the grimoire and seemingly the only one they respond to when used in evocations
  2. There are several sigils for the being and the being responds to any of them according to what I’ve read from others but only particular ones help me get ‘in tune’ with that particular being for a successful evocation
  3. Some sigils I have for beings come from the being itself during an evocation and that it is one not printed in any grimoire and I don’t know if others have that sigil but I use it and only it to contact the spirit
  4. With the example above you see Satan has his own sigil which is different from lucifer and lucifuge and so on. But depending on who you ask they sometimes conflate satan and some other being like Lucifer and the sigil will reflect that. This has caused me a lot of confusion and I have even talked about that on another thread regarding Satan.
  5. There’s also the issue of different styles of sigils such as goetic sigils, veevee style sigils, sigil belonging to angels, sigils for elemental spirits, sigils constructed in the traditional way using the Rose Cross method, etc.

So I don’t know. I think a lot of it has to do with the subjectivity of us magicians and that some things work better than others depending on the individual which is why you get such variety.

Here’s what might help. Open up your Mastering Evocation Workbook and if you haven’t made contact already I highly recommend Fastos and Meton, demonolatry and angelolatry, respectively. I think those two should be able to help you put some pieces together for your notes.

Anyway, I hope this helps.

Sigils do not necessarily reflect the subjectivity magician, that is, this isn’t the only the factor… to elaborate, sigils reflect a manifestation or aspect of a spirit related to the tradition or system they are evoked in and the “universe” that tradition exists in. So yes, the subjectivity of the magician comes into play when they also believe in that “universe” model and thus reinforce, for the spirit, they way that spirit manifests. Hence why you have Goetic magicians evoking Astaroth and getting a male demon with stinking breath, while I receive a beautiful witch goddess.
In my experience, sigils will often also be given to the magician in ways that both reflect the spirit, the tradition, and the person receiving it. These come in the shape of motifs that remain consistent even among several spirits all served in the same way in the same system. These common symbols speak to the personal symbolism of the magician (or even just what “looks cool”) and respect the nature of the spirit themselves. It’s essentially a careful balancing act of realities, aspects, and human subjectivity.

The sixth book of Moses has some great Angels seals, and I’ve found having them open on your phone to be beneficial as you are supposed to carry them upon your person so it’s still on you and hidden, like a lot of the old Grimores say to do with them.

The above is from Agrippa’s demon seals, originally circa early 16th century.

Open this in a new tab and you should be able to magnify it.

1 Like

Due to the fact that they call Lucifer’s seal the “circle of summoning”, I think the authenticity of the document is debatable.

They also give Lucifer’s sigil by itself which is rather simplistic and doesn’t match more elaborate, later versions of his sigil that show up in grimoires.

Do you strictly want demon skills?

[quote=“Frater Dark Matter, post:1, topic:4980”]Going through the search feature can be hours of sighing with nothing to reel in. i have noticed that sometimes pages of handwritten sigils and seals have been linked in “imgur.com” but even though I am registered I still cannot seem to find but only 4 sigils.

There are some sad flaws in collating data in the occult world. So i am looking into creating some kind of “wikidemon” type data base so that a person does not have to get a bread crumb here, one over there.

i spent all night trying to find NON Geotic sigil for Vine. i do not know why, but never has goetic anything been worth my time- hate it.

If anyone has a list of sigils on imgur, or anywhere else I can copy down and then get into some encyclopdeic form of data collection i would appreciate it. This would also include sigils and seals you made if you wish.

The Demonolatry goetia has a good format; but also is woefully scant on info.

Thanks[/quote]

you can always make your own. there are a bunch of different symbolic methods for doing that

Here is an Egyptian Dark God from the Qliphoth, I got the colours from pics of Hieroglyphs and coloured it ,his name is Chepera and his mantra is " Kheper-A-Kheper-Kheperu " while meditating to him , black candle burning in front and pic or statue in the background. He is a great friend of the Dark Magician and his mantra easily produces a trance state.

From an Egyptian scroll , Chepera is the creator existence " I am the creator of all that came to be created " . He is also shown in Hieroglyphics with a scarab for a head.

Here’s my copy of it , from Dragon Rouge which was black and white ,colours taken from the first pic. I just got a load of art supplies today, compass for sigils on A4 pages from the Lesser Key of Solomon, rulers , sheets , permanent markers for Solomons Circle.

Check out some of Jan Corrigan’s books on the Druid path.

This sigils in this system for the Druid/Celtic deities, demons, spirits, etc. here have a really nice, interesting circular/curvy structure.

Check out his books for more.

Druids “sigh” ,another system of Magick with a small library’s worth of reading material to get through, it’s almost overwhelming,by the time I read a book ,usually half way through or so , I find references to another exciting system. I’m like a kid in a sweet shop . I just got a bag of runes after reading about Galdr ,which are eerily spot on when I do readings. Now I need a Tarot Deck for reading the Qabbalah Unveiled, what are the best Decks without spending mega bucks?

Then there’s the Wachtowers , which I barely understand "yet " but it does remind me of Maths from my school days ,so little time and so much to do.

I have so many unfinished books. I’m just starting get a grip on things but my inertia or conscious mind is copping on that my own true will, is on it’s way from my subconscious and it won’t go without a fight.

I’ll still have a gander at the Druids, thanks ,I had forgotten about them or thought ignorantly that no Texts or material remained from those era’s.

FDM, arn’t you a member of S. Dreadwood’s Cabal? They have a ton of sigils for their demons.

yeah, I am; but not very active. I got to the point that the meaness and phenominal lack of balance; and (I don’t know what to call it—) adult maturity, building constructive worthy— I likely will never find the words
leaves me feeling like I would find more worthwhile purpose and Intellectual development if I went to live with ISIL OR THE TALIBAN. I may give it another try-- dunno. as for the sigils, i came to the feeling that really for the most part- it was more a contest for for ‘dark artsyness’ than actual contact and prooduct therefrom. The costs and pricing screams— taking you for all we can con you out of. hate saying things like this, but they made this forum and everything EA does, etched in granite real and reasonable… you can tell EA is out for the Empowerment and Uplift and Upbuilding of “the least of these my Brethren” as it were; where the other guy is simply lining his bank acct. truely, they are the ISIL of the spiritual world imo.