Secrecy in Our Endeavors

Many of us here work with the spirits directly: we call on the spirits and they inspire us and guide us. They reveal knowledge and power before our eyes and let us decipher the codes ourselves.

But, for those of us who have gathered much knowledge on the intricacies of certain spirits, or have gathered codices of rituals from spirits, do you believe it should be revealed?

Should the maneuverings of the spirits be revealed to the world through forum posts, books, periodicals, magazines, et al? Is there a point where the knowledge becomes ‘ours’; where the spirit has merged with us to such a degree that ‘I’ became ‘We’ and the knowledge is thus ‘ours’?

So, what’s your opinion BALG?

Good to see you back WP!

As to your question I think that’s an intensely personal one and will be different depending on both the nature of the relationship, entity and if the knowledge was asked to be kept secret. One may find what works for them and THEIR relationship with a spirit may not be applicable to others due to differences in views and practices. There is a good deal I don’t share in regards to working with spirit but that is due more to the personal nature of the work than casting pearls before swine for lack of a better term.

I’m not for hoarding knowledge because if others had done so we would not have much of the resources we do. Much of the work is more experienced based as in you have to go through it or experience it to have any real understanding of what’s being shared.

TWF

It’s Spiritual Darwinism at its finest.

All knowledge wants to be known, but cannot be owned for long

I think a certain amount of discretion is warranted in anything you do.
Even with my relationship with Jezebel. She wants me to make her nameknown, but there are plenty of things I keep to myself about her mysteries.

There are things I’ve been given and told NOT to share, at various times, so those I keep to myself, but everything else is fair game unless it’s too personal to benefit anyone else, and for things that happened before I joined this forum and that I talk about now, I usually ask one of my most trusted advisors if it’s okay, and unless the answer’s “No” I share them if they’re relevant.

There are a few things I’ve really been longing to throw into a discussion as confirmation or to describe an angle on something I’ve seen which might be useful or whatever, and yet they’ve often been given to me on the basis I don’t even write them down explicitly, and that’s annoying on a human monkey-mind level!

But then again I think that the spirits are out there for everyone as much as they are for me, and presumably if whatever piece of info is meant to go directly from their mouths (so to speak) to my hearing, and not be bandied about on the internet, then it will find its way at some point to whoever else is supposed to receive it.

In those cases it matters more not to betray a sacred trust, than to share something on the internet.

My view is it depends not on what you share but who you share it with, knowledge in the wrong hands can have dyer consequences for the knowledge it self the one who gave the knowledge and even the main source of where it came from.

Yup,ask me about,( dnt do it plz,) ya will get a huge headache,;). Read my post,of secret oaths,i learn a lesson,peopz want easy way,

I think that the information has always been out there. It’s just that with the internet, the information is now more readily available. However, even if the information is more available, only people with an open mind can actually access the information or find it usable. In essence, the secrecy of our endeavors is kept with in the family of believers.

Sometimes magicians reveal knowledge they gained from spirits for the wrong reasons. For one, they may speak of things just to boost their ego. They may need to feel important and special and think that if they share something gained from a spirit, then others may view them this way. I see this time and time again on this forum. I myself, have been guilty of this in the past. In truth, those who share knowledge for ego’s sake, are weak magicians who will find difficulty in discovering true knowledge.

If you feel the need to share knowledge received from spiritual sources, then you should do it for the right reason(s). For instance, wanting to truly help others with your knowledge.

Also, you need to respect the source of your knowledge. If you gain knowledge from a spirit or wise man, you should only reveal that which your source says its ok for you to reveal.

I personally find anything people share helpful, even if it doesn’t contain some cosmic message for mankind, or anything explicitly related to the topic of other people’s ascent, because it supports me in my own endeavours to read that other people have similarly odd experiences and share them for whatever they’re worth.

I’d be sad if people feared being accused of egotism for sharing things, because I just don’t have a wide circle of people in my real-life community who practice intense magickal evocations and pathworkings, so even if someone’s showing off a bit when they post (and I really don’t mind that - what’s the harm in a bit of healthy boasting?) I find it encourages me to feel that I’m not alone, and to keep pushing and adventuring and so on.

Don’t get me wrong, I would practice anyway, but it’s wonderful to have some kind of peer group, pushing the envelope and sharing what happened to them, and to occasionally see echoes of my own experiences there.

Just my 2¢, I come at this from a background of being in a few “love & light” communities, online and off, where the communal need to appear humble and avoid “claiming” anything felt almost suffocating at times, and the healthy boisterous egos of black magicians are a refreshing change from that stuff! :slight_smile:

I personally find anything people share helpful, even if it doesn’t contain some cosmic message for mankind, or anything explicitly related to the topic of other people’s ascent, because it supports me in my own endeavours to read that other people have similarly odd experiences and share them for whatever they’re worth.

I’d be sad if people feared being accused of egotism for sharing things, because I just don’t have a wide circle of people in my real-life community who practice intense magickal evocations and pathworkings, so even if someone’s showing off a bit when they post (and I really don’t mind that - what’s the harm in a bit of healthy boasting?) I find it encourages me to feel that I’m not alone, and to keep pushing and adventuring and so on.

Don’t get me wrong, I would practice anyway, but it’s wonderful to have some kind of peer group, pushing the envelope and sharing what happened to them, and to occasionally see echoes of my own experiences there.

Just my 2¢, I come at this from a background of being in a few “love & light” communities, online and off, where the communal need to appear humble and avoid “claiming” anything felt almost suffocating at times, and the healthy boisterous egos of black magicians are a refreshing change from that stuff! :)[/quote]
I agree, anything people share can be helpful, and I don’t mind a bit of showing off. However, people can take it too far, and it can get annoying. I do believe there is something like “healthy” boasting. But I think it really depends on what you are trying to gain and what your motives are for boasting. There is a need for it in certain stages of your growth. Most magicians need the reassurance and encouragement if that’s what you are trying to gain by boasting. I also think that the more you grow in your abilites the less you need to boast. A common trait amongst the most powerful magicians is the lack of a need to boast. Personally, I need to now and then, as Im nowhere near that level.

That’s a really good question. I’m sure there’s a balance that needs to be struck between helping those find their path and what may be considered over disclosure. I have a feeling it’s okay to share the information as long as it doesn’t infringe on confidentiality or break any agreement of non-disclosure between yourself and your spiritual mentor(s). Never the less, I can understand the concern.

From what I understand, as people enter the LHP, there is often a “curse happy” phase that people go through. But soon enough, they discover that having the ability to send out curses that work doesn’t really solve a lot their issues.

For myself, I’m super elated to have come across this forum as well as those on Facebook and other like-minded blogs. I’ve learned so much and have been recommend so many wonderful books that I didn’t know that existed.