Scrying

Hello again. Just wanted some suggestions and advice on scrying. I have never tried it, and the only knowledge I have is what I have seen on TV {Charmed}. I recently purchased some scrying tools {wooden hand mirror w/ pentagram and a stone scrying bowl} and a book on scrying for beginners. I plan to paint the glass on the mirror black. Anyone experienced in scrying, are these tools ok to get started? Any book recommendations? Thanks ; )

Iā€™ve never read the book, so I donā€™t know if itā€™s a good one or would make a better paperweight. Did you check amazon to see what sort of reviews it has? As for the tools, they are just that, tools. You can scry anything really. I use a black mirror for evocations, but otherwise I just use a blank space on the wall in a dark room lol

1 Like

Damn! You must be really good! A plain blank wall though? Cool. Wellā€¦ I guess Iā€™ll go ahead and get to reading tonight . And share what the book says later.

Um, if you donā€™t mind sharing with me. Kind Sir : ) What do you personally experience when you scry? And any advice on what not to do? Thanks.

Scrying isnā€™t as hard as some books/people make it out to be. You get into a meditative state and gaze as your mirror, black bowl, whatever tool. Youā€™ll start to see a fog like image over the mirror, it sometimes comes along in a grey color but Iā€™ve also seen it purple. If you keep going with it then youā€™ll begin to see images. Sometimes they come as flashes in your mind, sometimes in the tool youā€™re using. Hereā€™s a trick though, once you get into the right state you have to keep calm and blink really slowly. When I first started I would blink normal and would have to start over. Blinking slowly, plus not closing your eyes all the way, keeps the fog and images without losing them when youā€™re just starting out.

5 Likes

Oh ok thank you. Yanno I day dream alot. Also, I like staring at nature. Most times I have to snap myself out of it and resume whatever I was doing. Like no big deal, I think everyone does it. What you just described sounds like day dreaming. Deliberate daydreaming. Is scrying and daydreaming similar?

Hey there!

Like the above user,most of the time,I simply shut out all of the lights in my room,and pull up a chair next to a wall,at which point,I create a circular border within my mind and use that as my scrying medium.

Most people scrying get to the fog part and get stuck there,because nothing is happening.But I was in a worse state,I couldnā€™t even get to the fog!

I think it was EA who once suggested that you shouldnā€™t start immediately with a scrying mirror,or bowl of water,because your mind is naturally programmed to use fire as a scrying medium.Fire is both the earpiece and mouthpiece of the supernatural.

It is through candles and bonfires that we cast spells,and it is through that same fire that we may begin to scry.Fire naturally throws us into a Theta-Gamma Sync.Itā€™s actually super simple and my first scrying session was in a flame like this:

You can get a metal bowl(not brass or copper,though),and fill it with something alcoholic(canā€™t remember what is the best thing),and after burning it simply gaze into the blue part of the fire,and feel yourself falling deeper and deeper into the flame.

A candle works too.

So,my advice is to start with fire.

3 Likes

[quote=ā€œArcane, post:6, topic:6524ā€]Hey there!

Like the above user,most of the time,I simply shut out all of the lights in my room,and pull up a chair next to a wall,at which point,I create a circular border within my mind and use that as my scrying medium.

Most people scrying get to the fog part and get stuck there,because nothing is happening.But I was in a worse state,I couldnā€™t even get to the fog!

I think it was EA who once suggested that you shouldnā€™t start immediately with a scrying mirror,or bowl of water,because your mind is naturally programmed to use fire as a scrying medium.Fire is both the earpiece and mouthpiece of the supernatural.

It is through candles and bonfires that we cast spells,and it is through that same fire that we may begin to scry.Fire naturally throws us into a Theta-Gamma Sync.Itā€™s actually super simple and my first scrying session was in a flame like this:

You can get a metal bowl(not brass or copper,though),and fill it with something alcoholic(canā€™t remember what is the best thing),and after burning it simply gaze into the blue part of the fire,and feel yourself falling deeper and deeper into the flame.

A candle works too.

So,my advice is to start with fire.[/quote]

Ooooo I like what you said about fire ā€œthe mouthpiece & earpiece of the supernaturalā€. Fire does have a sexy mystique about it. Itā€™s beautiful to look at. It can destroy but it can create also. Youā€™ve given me a few ideas. Iā€™m going to search around Etsy for a fire bowl. Thank you : )

For me, shutting the eyes creates a black mirror. Wether or not you use a black mirror or wall what you are seeing is that purple or blue( any pastel )color.this is only visible when your third eye is open . this is astral energy. It is in this light you will see spirits, faces. This energy can appear as a blank spot, or a dark spot. What you are really doing is using your claravoyance to see into the astral. Try scrying into bushes or trees to see the dark out lines of nature spirits.

1 Like

Iā€™ll just point out that Some people see a fog of mist of swirling colors or whatever. Donā€™t get hung up on That or think you are doing it wrong If you donā€™t see those things. Iā€™ve been doing it for years and I have never seen those things. Rather, my attention turns inward and I begin to see things. itā€™s a little different for everyone.

1 Like