Satanism - natural or anticosmic/acosmic?

Besides I’m a member of the Church of Satan and for me is Satanism a atheistic and natural/cosmic philosophy and religion, so I can’t wholly understand why someones proclaim “anticosmic Satanism”. I understand this as adversialism against the cosmic nature within we live, and for me is Satanism rationalism and materialism to live and enjoy our life in the real world here and now. If “acosmic Satanism” means working against and finally destroy the laws of nature, of the cosmos, which sense make this for a satanist who would be a ruler of his world?
For me as Satanist has the adversial meaning of Satanism the direction and purpose the environment to bring to its original-natural level which is disformed in times of RHP-religions and by their religious cultures, not against the cosmos itself.
What are you think?

[quote=“Timothy, post:1, topic:4675”]Black Magick Explained In Under 9 Minutes!
(…) So we clarified the first ethic of black magick, called Ascent. There exists one other ethic, called Adversarialism, known in the mainstream as, Satanism.

What is Satanism? In Hebrew, the word Satan means adversary. In the context of religion, the word adversary signifies the antagonist figure, any character of mythology who defies and rebels against the protagonist, the tyrannical creator deity.

So to answer succinctly, Satanism is adversarialism, and adversarialism is rebellion against tyranny. To give it the most concise definition possible, Satanism is self-defense.

A Satanist says, “I am the authority of myself, and I revolt against any entity that claims authority over me.” For this reason, many Satanists are anarchists and atheists, like me. They denounce any claim that a state, religion, or deity can control them.[/quote]

Just I look this video by Timothy, it is very great! In simple terms to explain the magic of the LHP is great and I agree with all of it.
By the subjekt of this threat I would pic up the statement “Satanists are mostly anarchists”. This is right so far and it’s the offical direction of most Satanists, although in “The Satanic Bible” LaVey explicated that here is a need of (orderly) structure between man with natural laws. For that here are alphas and bethas, ruler and follower or servants (it don’t mean slaves in this fact) on the basis of the different qualities of man. Herefore anarchism is not good way in LHP, that seems like chaos and chaos leads into disorienating in the world. Anarchism like to the term of “anticosmic” which is not a Satanic principle. For me personally as Satanist I say I’m a social-darwinist rather than a anarchist.

Satan is Reality
(or main gateway to the True Reality)

and reality is much greater then “cosmos”

acosmic is staying in your place, while whole of percieved cosmos (factually and experientially - karma) flows in it’s own direction.

it is the moment when you consciously make soul-effort to turn away from the main current of karma and open yourself up to the Dragon.

• cosmos flows - you stay -

if Satan is also nature, then nature is much more then what humans think nature is. so there is no need in trying to understand or learn laws of nature, since they all become apparent once you’ve dipped yourself in the Waters of Chaos.

while in acosmic state, a sorcerer embodies perfection, and magicaly gets tuned into the laws of nature working on him.

and in Reality, there are NO laws of nature.

there are only rhytms

rhytms of frequencies,

and all phenomena occur around rhythms

there are no laws. it’s only human mode of reasoning on this dimension-scale.

there are no laws and it really boggles me how anything actually can exist.

really, since entering Satan in a true sense, i am more often then not astounded by the miracle of Existence itself, let alone something we would call "nature"
simply because… in all chaos that is happening… a possibility of somewhat stable matrix such as we are experiencing is non-existant!

yet, this exists!! this moment exists!! and i can’t believe that… but still we’re here…

HAIL SATAN!!!

For me as Satanist it seems littlebit diffuse, but right Satan is reality, and reality is the whole universe within the cosmos. Also right Satan is the true nature and its natural laws (or as you say “rhythms” - by rhythms are leading laws too), so that is the Satanic aspect of the material world, the cosmos around me. If there would be a “greater universe” which is “acosmic” don’t any matter for me, for I live now and here In the real world. And I’m working WITH its current, not against it. That’s true magic, black magic is pure natural to set me as god of my world which is created by myself through knowing and working (manipulating) the nature of others may be.
Cosmos has nothing to do with “karma”, this is a religous dogmatic idea which is irrelevant for someone who is his own god. Knowing the nature and its laws, is to see behind the nature and so can change to the own will through magic, but this is netherthanless nature and the cosmic current, and not acosmic.

Consciousness is acosmic.

Consciousness is a process of the brain and the brain is pretty real to me since you can see one, touch one, feel one etc. Now saying the brain isn’t real or something along the lines of that sounds a bit like psychosis to me because the world I live in is pretty concrete and real to me. Everything everyone experiences in life is real. If it wasn’t then I’m sure we’d all end up in a padded cell together.

Consciousness is a process of the brain???!

do you even meditate, bro?

humanity knowledge lvl 1 (guesswork a.k.a. experience)
matter is primary, and consciousness is derived from matter (like you said)

humanity knowledge lvl 2 (for those engaged in spiritual practices)
cosciousness is primary (C-REX) and matter is consisted of consciousness.

humanity knowledge lvl 3 (after enlightenment)
consciousness is the basis of existance, since it exists even in the state of non-existance. enter the paradox. it is also one of manifestations of Shakti. and yes, she was here way before consciousness.

and karma is the farthest thing possible from a religious or a dogmatic idea.

it’s a very real phenomenon, dictating much of your life.

and it is a (meta)physical thing. it doesn’t matter what you “believe”. if you got drunk last night, you’ll be sick in the morning. that’s karma.

Consciousness is acosmic? First, which (kind of) consciousness? Self-consciousness is natural.

For me is acosmic or anticosmic all metaphysical religions and their religous systems, as Christianity it deny the nature and work against the cosmos in fact with its unnatural “rules” of god.

cough http://www.sciencealert.com/a-man-who-lives-without-90-of-his-brain-is-challenging-our-understanding-of-consciousness cough

Consciousness is only facilitated by the brain, it is not its storehouse or center. The brain is a filter.

Now saying the brain isn't real or something along the lines of that sounds a bit like psychosis to me because the world I live in is pretty concrete and real to me.

…huh?

Whether or not something is concrete does not determine its reality. You may define what is real to you, by what is perceivable and in a subjective sense that is correct.

However, all things are both real and unreal simultaneously.

My world is “real” to me, as well, but the twenty-eight foot long spirit snake coiling in ink in the air next to me is also just as real. I can see it, touch it, feel it, taste it, smell it (eggs and blood), and hear it.

What is “real” to you?

cough http://www.sciencealert.com/a-man-who-lives-without-90-of-his-brain-is-challenging-our-understanding-of-consciousness cough

Consciousness is only facilitated by the brain, it is not its storehouse or center. The brain is a filter.

Now saying the brain isn't real or something along the lines of that sounds a bit like psychosis to me because the world I live in is pretty concrete and real to me.

…huh?

Whether or not something is concrete does not determine its reality. You may define what is real to you, by what is perceivable and in a subjective sense that is correct.

However, all things are both real and unreal simultaneously.

My world is “real” to me, as well, but the twenty-eight foot long spirit snake coiling in ink in the air next to me is also just as real. I can see it, touch it, feel it, taste it, smell it (eggs and blood), and hear it.

What is “real” to you?[/quote]

1 person out of 7.4 billion people in this world living without 90 percent of his brain is an anomaly. Anomalies happen all the time and just because science can’t explain them at the time that they happen it doesn’t mean that there’s evidence of some source, higher power or god.

On another note, if it can be defined then it exists. Something like nothing without the label sounds like pure lunacy to me.

oh… Dorian.Grey… they didn’t tell you?

you didn’t know?

poor thing… you’re all into magick and you don’t even know…

all those people who wrote magickal or religious texts, and many on this forum are, in fact, mad.

crazy people.

which are you Dorian.Gray? are you one of them muggles? ha?

hey fellas we got a normie on the forum!

I know it’s pretty crazy that people who can’t divorce themselves from fantasy and delusion find themselves posting in the Satanism sub-forum. Like 90 percent of the posts in this sub-forum have nothing to do with Satanism. Fuck anticosmic satanism has nothing to do with Satanism. It’s like wtf guys…

i think the main problem in understanding Satanism is that we are mainly exposed to lower manifestations, and many people, altough they feel the Truth of it, don’t see deep enough, or at least they think they know enough so they don’t expose themselves to the terrifying Depths of Satan that often.

satanism isn’t even about opposing.
(well it is on lower level… it seems so)

in Reality, satanism is truly acosmic, and in working upon the cosmos, it mocks every concept, overtrowing hiearchies. it overturns the percieved reality into something different.

True Satanism, which is Acosmic, is The Way of Reality.

and it is the most extreme and difficult mode of functioning. no-mind, no-time, -no god. still everything IS.

the Clarity of Truth is greater the closer you are to the Centre.

:slight_smile:

The “problem” is in fact here are so many types of “satanisms” as here are many types of “satanists”. But Satanism as a philosophy which mean men are their own gods must be basically on the living life, so with the nature and the cosmos too.

[quote=“bahamuthat, post:13, topic:8744”]in Reality, satanism is truly acosmic, and in working upon the cosmos, it mocks every concept, overtrowing hiearchies. it overturns the percieved reality into something different.
True Satanism, which is Acosmic, is The Way of Reality.[/quote]

This is may be a definition of chaos-philosophy, not Satanism. Satanism has concept(s), it builds also hiearchies on the nature of living as animals and humans. Satanism give power to the cosmos in truly and natural way, and its materialism is reality to creat a own world as a own god - this has nothing to do with acosmic, anticosmic or the chaos and other unsatanic hogwash.

i wouldn’t even use the word “acosmic” if i didn’t understand what it is.
it is not enough to presume or “learn” it’s meaning.

try using the Acausal Temple, from Kingdoms of Flames, to get some experience in acausal states. it will greatly expand your understanding.

Satanism is whatever you want it to be, who cares about cosmic or anti cosmic or real or unreal, at a certain level everything is real at the end of the day.

you can enjoy the void or pure consciousness or whatever you want if anticosmic or enjoy the material world if cosmic, both are equally real.

And staying behind to argue for definition or whichever of the infinite forms of satanism you prefer isn’t very satanic and neither is pretentiously mocking someone else for their POV.

And acosmic means believing that everything except the absolute is an illusion,which means there would be no concepts, hierarchy or perceived reality to change, just because you have a different understanding of it doesn’t mean the meaning of the word changed to anyone else.

Just figure out whatever you want and work towards it however you want and boom satanism.

i’m sorry for sounding pretentious. i’m kind of a dick.

neverthenless, i think all points here are valid still and may lead to greater unfoldment of understanding.

i just love the subject so much, that i could go on and on about it.

these last few months i’ve been increasingly engaging in trying to “bridge” the acausal into manifestation through the temple of Self.

and it’s ungodly difficult.

[quote=“thatrandomguy, post:16, topic:8744”]Satanism is whatever you want it to be, who cares about cosmic or anti cosmic or real or unreal, at a certain level everything is real at the end of the day.
you can enjoy the void or pure consciousness or whatever you want if anticosmic or enjoy the material world if cosmic, both are equally real.
And staying behind to argue for definition or whichever of the infinite forms of satanism you prefer isn’t very satanic and neither is pretentiously mocking someone else for their POV.
And acosmic means believing that everything except the absolute is an illusion,which means there would be no concepts, hierarchy or perceived reality to change, just because you have a different understanding of it doesn’t mean the meaning of the word changed to anyone else.
Just figure out whatever you want and work towards it however you want and boom satanism.[/quote]

Right, I agree all with you. As I say there are so many interpretations and definitions of subjects and words as there are peoples.
If acosmic means all would be a illusion, then no reason to title it “satanism” - better rather acosmosm :wink:

By this discuss, “Saran” means adversary and it is perfect term of The Adversial Path, that let also many different views, in the context of the Left Hand Path will allways enjoiing of the life as own god - it mean vitally. And vitally would go controvers with the acosmic view I think.

Having Practiced several Form of Satanism in the Past, Both Cosmic and AntiCosmic one, Having reached similar State of Power and Gnosis with Both of them, I’ve come to the Conclusion(This is of course only my UPG) that their is no ‘‘Truth Satanism’’ as their is no ‘‘Truth Magickal Path or Way of doing Magick’’ I think that what make Magick, Satanism and Occult Spirituality such as Satanism very beautiful and attractive is this Infinite Varieties of Way of Being and Practicing them.

What i find even more Beautiful is how, More and more Magician and Practicionner of Occult Spirituality, even if they have sometime nearly completely different way of Seeing the world etc… Can share, talk and work together in a Friendly and Beautiful way.

This is what i think, Make us, Magician very Different from the Religious Folks outthere, Even if we are many time on very Different Path, we are United, Unity in Diversity.

So to answer your Question, I would say that Satanism is Both Cosmic and Anti-Cosmic, all depend on your perception, your preference and the Path you need to take for your ascent and well Being!

Of course this is my UPG,

Best Regards!

This is interesting subject, that Satanism is both cosmic and acosmic in some way.

Could I to know which “kinds” of Satanism did you practice? And why in the past? For me is Satanism more than only to practice magic, it’s a philosophy and way of life - once Satanist, Satanist for ever.