Satanic Compassion

I love the Satanic Bible as it brings back fond memories of reading through a book of black magic which seemed to make sense for a change. It was a refreshing alternative to the wishy-washy-shit available, that was labelled ‘occult’ way back in the 80’s. The instruction offered a strong psychological base to work from, which was very left hand path orientated. I loved the whole aspect of us being the supremacy, the God who was the one and only. I was somewhat confused however with the lack of energy related exercises as in my opinion, the raising and manipulation of energy is mega-important for the advancement of magicians. This can clearly be seen with the huge interest these days in Chakra work and the infamous Kundalini.

A complete absence of spirituality throughout Satanism contributed to me losing interest in the whole LaVeyan movement. Even though I belief in its concepts of godhood, I still needed ‘meaning’ which only seems to happen ‘for me anyway’ when there’s spirituality involved.

(This could probably be the reason why I’ve arrived here after all these years as E.A Koetting seems to not only preach about the ‘God’ in us, but advocates spirituality at the same time. He also encourages energy work in many of his books, which promotes a good all-round healthy balance in my opinion.)

I loved the ritual structure within the Satanic Bible as it broke it down to three basic components. These were namely sex, hatred and compassion. Now I totally understand a sex ritual as what’s the point in trying to attract a suitable spouse if you can’t even imagine making love to them. This energy can obviously act like a magnet drawing in the right person for you. I am also fully aware of ‘hatred’ when trying to curse people as this emotion can be very powerful. Anger can totally sky rocket our concentration and channel our energy in this situation. These emotions all act very well indeed and have a powerful psychological factor within them.

The problem I had however was with ‘compassion’ and this leads me into the nature of this post. I was having alot of trouble with this approach as I didn’t seem to understand how I could organise a ritual to attract a desired outcome? How could you set this up psychologically in your mind through the ritual, how could you truly conduct a ritual of compassion to let’s say attract a new car? I just don’t get the crying aspect and feeling sorry for yourself because you haven’t got this new car yet?

I’ve put this same question across to two members on here via PM because I like the way they think at times. Each gave me a different reflection on my own views, which was great because it made me look at the problem differently…however, none of them seemed to resonate with my beliefs on this although I could be wrong and maybe I’m just over thinking this too much, and therefore overlooking the ‘simple message’ of the situation, I really don’t know for sure? I have also done numerous searches online but I always seem to arrive at some ‘shallow basturd’ who just quotes a piece out of the Satanic bible without any creative input from himself (I truly loathe silly cunts like this!).

I even went into the psychology of persuasion and how advertisers in commercials try to sell us ideas. I was faced with the usual Rhetorical strategies of ‘Ethos-Pathos-Logos’. I also knew that they try to sell us products through sex, shock & horror and sympathy, which of cause comes close to the three Satanic emotions used to influence the mind?

Now I realised that when they used sympathy as an emotion, advertisers would try to appeal to our humour and get us to feel sorry for a product thereby making us want it…or that was the idea anyway.

To give you a brief outline of this, imagine I wanted to sell you some grass seed for your lawn. I wouldn’t put an attractive girl on the grass in a bikini (sex), or try to grab your attention by using shock tactics. I could however use ‘compassion’ by using an animated frog dancing about on the lawn singing a catchy song maybe? This will encourage our compassion because it could make us laugh, which can promote a sympathetic output of energy. This then immediately struck a chord within me and led to many conclusions about Satanic compassion.

The only ideas I have arrived at so far are this, I have thought about something that I wanted, but instead of thinking about it like I already have it, I decided to use a more Satanic approach instead and create compassion by pretending that I use to have it in the past but I no longer do. I pretended to reminisce instead and look back at how beautiful it use to be. This caused a huge surge of emotional compassion to flourish around these ideas thereby using sympathy as a way of attracting my desires. It definitely intensifies the whole experience in the mind but I still need to work on this further to see if any worthwhile results will come of this.

Is there any experienced Satanists on here who could help me with this dilemma of mine and answer this question for me once and for all concerning compassion and how to use it in the context of a ritual properly, especially in the way that Anton LaVey was meaning as he wrote the Satanic Bible?

Please put me out of my misery…Pardon the pun lol

I’m NOT a Satanist and haven’t read this book (so there’s a massive disclaimer!) but does it not come under love for yourself, that’s not served by either hatred (aggression against others with no regard for their needs) or sex, which is often about using someone else to feel good about ourselves in a way that involves desire for their qualities?

Kind of generating a pure and blame-free love that’s not about making other people dance to your tune, you serve your own desires as you would some god you loved, or some person you truly and selflessly loved.

Most of us carry some self-blame, shame, anger or resentment towards ourselves and our needs, compassion blindsides that by not being about our merit or deservedness, because it’s more of the line of sympathy and total giving.

To give you a brief outline of this, imagine I wanted to sell you some grass seed for your lawn. I wouldn't put an attractive girl on the grass in a bikini (sex), or try to grab your attention by using shock tactics. I could however use 'compassion' by using an animated frog dancing about on the lawn singing a catchy song maybe? This will encourage our compassion because it could make us laugh, which can promote a sympathetic output of energy. This then immediately struck a chord within me and led to many conclusions about Satanic compassion.

To me, that advert would be speaking to the childish part of us that just wants to be LIKE that happy frog on his nice lush lawn.

Notice how animal charity ads usually show an UNhappy animal at first - to provoke an emotional desire to help it (I like animals so I’m not dissing that approach).

Adverts like that famoud Budweiser ad, or anything with happy animals are usually calling to the animal parts of ourselves, they’re saying “Be this cute and simple, because we’re going to do the technical stuff for you/give you a good relaxing buzz” and so on.

It’s condescending, but which of us doesn’t get sick to the back teeth of being a high-functioning adult at times - sales of animal-ear onesies tell the truth about this side of us IMO… :smiley:

Anyway just some thoughts and I totally don’t belong in your thread so apologies if I’m getting it completely wrong!!

I’m no expert on LaVey, but some his ideas have always resonated with me. For example, regarding my dealings with other people, I generally live by the LaVeyan motto ‘Do unto others as they do unto you’.

Anyway thats besides the point I guess. I haven’t read the Satanic Bible cover to cover, and I was not aware of that specific system of classifying rituals. Your post made me curious though, and now that I’ve googled it the whole Compassion ritual thing is bugging me too lol!

Personally, I reckon it could simply have been a poor choice of wording on LaVey’s part. As far as I understand it (based on the limited knowledge I have on the subject), the Compassion Ritual is any ritual which is not based on either destroying or ‘enslaving’ another person; it’s a ‘third’ type of ritual.

I think perhaps the answer lies in the fact that this is the only of the three ‘types’ of ritual that can be used to help another person, hence the choice of the word compassion. However, since any ritual intended to manifest something beneficial in your own life (health, success, money etc) would also fall under this ‘third type’, LaVey came up with the concept of using self-pity to fuel the ritual, to relate it to the word ‘Compassion’. This may make sense in theory, but practically it just doesn’t really work. It probably would have been better to classify all rituals intended for self-gain under ‘Lust rituals’, as at the end of the day it’s going to be the desire for something that fuels the ritual, whether it be for sex, money, success or whatever.

Don’t know if that really makes any sense at all, but that’s what my OCD mind came up with trying to understand this illogical issue, lol.

Satanic Compassiom = setting them free to experience their true satanic nature. Before you dive into onez own beliefs on Satan, in the 4 Luciferian Principles Satan is the Gate Opener and one whom frees. So does Belial, but Belial is doing it from the perspective of going through all four principles mastered and embodied in him through his actions.

I’ve met very few Satanists that actually have compassion for anything but themselves…just saying. Most of the Laveyan’s I know are selfish assholes. Not saying they all are, but the ones I’ve mingled with have been.

Aaahhh, The Satanic Bible. I remember when I came across this when I was just about 15. I was pissed off at the world and my parents and, at the time, it seemed like the perfect form of rebellion. I was just getting deep into Black Metal and it also seemed like the perfect companion book. Now i’m not saying that everyone who picks up TSB does it for these reasons or is like this, but I got into it the “cliche” way.
I remember reading it and find it to be exactly what I wanted: a spit in the face of Yahweh, Elohim, and all of his followers. The rituals I found, to be honest, silly and stupid at the time. I saw it in there as simply a means to ramp up the infamy of the Satanic Bible. It wouldn’t be until I was halfway through 16 that I got back into this and got into sigil magick and began looking at TSB from a different light. I still have a copy of it today, but I have mixed feelings about it. Regardless of those mixed feelings I keep it as a token of what started me down this path and because it’s a piece of history for Satanism whether we like it or not.

As for Compassion in Satanism all one need to do is to see it through the lense of Ethical Egoism. Since a lot of the LHP is about focusing on the self and elevating us to an ascended level, and EA’s motto being to Become A Living God, this sort of thing can strike one as odd, and it did for me until I began to get into the science of energy and the mind. Now you can call me goofy and toss me off from this but a lot of this I learned from people such as Bob Proctor, the programming of the mind. What we work with as magicians is ENERGY. You, me, EA, Timothy, our grimoires, the entities and spirits we work with. . . all are energy and our Subconscious is the greatest controller of energy we have. To attract something, cause something, or just do something you HAVE to have the mind in it, and not just the conscious mind. The Subconscious mind is what really dictates the outcome of a lot of what we do, and this is why it is recommended to put emotion into your rituals because it seems to be able to override the subconscious if there is a disparity between the two. It’s all about what we are doing already: Working with energy to improve ourselves.

The Satanic Nature is that of the GOAT - an individual who goes away from the herd and does his/her own thing bravely. A leader of the pact. A true individual. Different. This does not mean you have to disregard others, but too many seem to take this to mean that we get to be selfish egotistical bastards. I won’t tell you how to live your life, for who am I to say that, but if those who are Satanists go around being selfish asshats then it will continue to have a bad name and attract not as many people interested in it. A good bit of people in the occult community would prefer this stuff to stay secret anyways, but those such as EA (and I am suspecting us as well) wouldn’t mind seeing it expand a little.

So to wrap-up together these ideas in my stress-filled and sleep-deprived stupor: It is not wrong to be compassionate in Satanism as long as it is a means to your end/ it benefits you in some way you find pleasurable. This doesn’t mean you have to be sympathetic of whiny, but it doesn’t mean you have to be an asshat either. We on the LHP were destined to be Goats from the very beginning for we never had any hope of being Sheep. If it benefits you. . . go for it.

Probs I’m getting it twisted, but if your performing ritual to help someone else, curse a bully, politician, a friends arsehole husband etc isn’t that compassion?

[quote=“Akasha, post:3, topic:6410”]I think perhaps the answer lies in the fact that this is the only of the three ‘types’ of ritual that can be used to help another person, hence the choice of the word compassion. However, since any ritual intended to manifest something beneficial in your own life (health, success, money etc) would also fall under this ‘third type’, LaVey came up with the concept of using self-pity to fuel the ritual, to relate it to the word ‘Compassion’. This may make sense in theory, but practically it just doesn’t really work. It probably would have been better to classify all rituals intended for self-gain under ‘Lust rituals’, as at the end of the day it’s going to be the desire for something that fuels the ritual, whether it be for sex, money, success or whatever.

Don’t know if that really makes any sense at all, but that’s what my OCD mind came up with trying to understand this illogical issue, lol.[/quote]

I’ll have to agree with Akasha on this one. Compassion is a form of altruism in my book. So to get a desired outcome you would have to substitute the word Compassion with Passion i.e. Passion ritual.

Compassion would therefore be used primarily for any kind of healing work.

You wouldn’t believe how many years this question has bugged me but with exploring other aspects of the arts, I kinda let it slip bye until recently. I thank you all for your input and appreciate all the many different opinions, which is what I love about this ‘place in space’ we have here. I wasn’t going to let it drop this time however, so I decided to take a more direct approach and use evokation to divine the information spiritually. If this didn’t produce any worthwhile results than I would’ve taken advantage of the coming festival and started a necromantic rite on Halloween to contact Anton LaVey and channel the information from the original source!

It’s amazing at times how much we are willing to ‘push’ to get what we want, which is sympathetic towards Satanism in general as this message is deeply embedded within its philosophy. I love its simple structure and I never forget that basic massage it taught me about black magic demanding 110% at times; we must be willing to sweat blood and tears to obtain our desires through that unknown force called the powers of darkness.

“Ye wonder why its colours symbolise the blood of life within the void of chaos”.

The above statement was relayed upon me many moons ago through the Goetic King Purson. I would encourage anyone here who wishes to learn about creativity and manifestation to develop a good rapport with him as I found him totally enlightening in all matters concerning the practical application of magic. In my opinion, its these principles which make black magic far more powerful than the usual wishy-washy crap preached by the love ‘n’ light brigade.

Anyway…getting back on track, I performed the evokation last Saturday night and the results were brilliant. I’ve worked with one spirit now for almost ten months and she has never let me down, so I decided to ask her for this information rather than trying to use the tarot. Here’s what she told me about Satanic compassion ~

She led me back into an emotional situation with an old girlfriend I really loved from years ago. Me and this girl fell out and it hurt me a lot but it made me realise how much I really wanted her, not because I was lonely either but because I genuinely wanted her and realised how lousy life was without her, and how much I missed her.

This was amazing as the spirit let me see exactly how I must feel in these satanic rites by using a past experience to make me clearly understand her message she was giving me. She then said that you must know without a doubt, that life is unbearable whenever it doesn’t contain that which you seek. So the answer to that question which has eluded me for years was to simply be sympathetic to your own situation for not having something you truly want as the alternative isn’t worth thinking about.

Looking back now and taking the above situation into consideration with the girlfriend, this did indeed get me so ‘fired’ up, it made me do anything to get her back and we all know that in this state of mind, life will try and comply to give us as much as we are giving it. So by using compassion like this, I conjured a desirable result through an emotional surge of energy.

Finally, I was told that compassion can also be used like this when helping others as we need to sympathise with them and their situation to form a link, this will then emotionally charge the situation and direct that all important energy towards them. So by being guided back in time to an old event in a controlled ritual situation, I finally found the key to satanic compassion.

job done and thank-you XX.

Satan Frees the Godself.

Satanic Compassion for another:

Example - I see a bunch of sexy christian girls…fyi to me it doesnt matter if their christians kr satanists or buddhists. But knowing there is a sexual dysfunctional complex in christians (mostly harder core ones) an act of Satanic Compassion would be using Sexual Magick on them to Free the Lust and Pleasure in them that they would never know or understand unless it was done for them… Much like Satan would do for those under him.

So then the Christians in their mind are forever being tortured by the Devil (a Man) going around tempting the Eves of the world. God (a Man) put womankind in a Box of reality to suffer and to commit suicide is a Sin…so they must take it and suffer… But then the Devil (a Man) is sexually tormenting these Eve’s forever. See the mental illness? Satanic Compassion is “helping” these people. Keep in mind there are many ways to do it other than Sex, but I just wanted to use it as a favorite example.