Santa muerte and the Cartels

yes i believe so, but this is my experience,

It doesn’t matter if you’re okay with something or not. If you’re an Aspect of something, such as SanteMuerte being the Aspect of Death, you perform a function regardless of whether or not the scenario is something you like or not.

Consider an Aspect of Love. If you use this deity/saint/aspect of love to, idk, say, enslave a person to your will by hypnotizing them with gushing adoration for you, that aspect of love is there regardless of whether or not the face of the deity/saint agrees with the act or not

4 Likes

hmmm, guess i never thought of it that way

Santa Muerte has little to nothing to do with those acts wished by the cartels, which are not by any means monks or priests. If anything she’s helping out, being a psychopomp and the like. Better a compassionate and loving death-saint than say Cain.

1 Like

Damnnn that’s a dark realistic way and looking at this.

2 Likes

And these are things that were done, not what someone is. Actions speak louder than words.

The reverse is true, imo… it’s possible to do terrible, evil things out of ignorance, stupidity, or by accident. And it’s possible to want to do evil things and never do them.

Yes and this person has then DONE evil things on purpose.

If this same person thinks about doing evil things, but has other values so they control themselves so they never do them are they still evil?

2 Likes

Posts edited and removed referring to crimes against children. Replaced with “person”.

Guys, BAG has always had a rule against discussing physical violence. and now we’re in the middle of a shitstorm around underage people doing violence in the UK being associated incorrectly with BALG, and that being leveraged as much as possible by BALG haters. Please be more sensitive to that fact that what you say can can and will be taken out of context for “evil” purposes as and when possible.

Please keep it philosophical and not specific. I will have to close this post if we can’t discuss this intelligently.

6 Likes

I have noticed there were some new rules set in place

In my experience, it’s not just a job…it’s a whole lifestyle/culture. They don’t need/want to hire outsiders because it makes no sense. That would be like the average American Christian hiring a random person to pray for them or lead their church…it doesn’t work that way. It’s passed down.

I used to know a guy in the cartel that literally had his wife and kid when he was driving around "working. "(I assume they were his) they said the cops don’t really bother them if it looks like a family… but my point is that child is learning everything from day one. It’s all passed down. Outsiders aren’t really welcome… the only reason I ended up getting involved with them is because I’m fluent in Spanish and they needed an unsuspecting translator and I look like "a nice girl, " someone that doesn’t raise suspicion… that’s how I got the opportunity to observe them firsthand. As the translator you’re like a fly on the wall…

I was a dumb kid & wanted to have fun, what can I say?lol

3 Likes

Damn

1 Like

The desire is the truth. Personally it seems to me what you think in your mind is more who you are than your actions. If you are able to separate your thoughts from your actions than that just shows maturity but that doesn’t really make you good or bad. The desires of the heart speak to the nature of a person…so I might be inclined to argue yes…

Except… if you really study psychology (I’m a counselor) then you will start to see strong correlation between desires and past life experiences and/or conditioning. It’s really wild if you get into it. From my studies and observations at school and in clinical work I’d argue the person is hurting and spilling their pain onto others because they can deal with it. There are so many things: maladaptive thought patterns, PTSD, behavioral conditioning…
These things lead to negative behaviors and/or thoughts… but whether they do the thing or not, I’d say the person is damaged to not evil. If they put enough work into it their behavior can be modified.

1 Like

Santa Muerte isn’t Evil. But She isn’t good either. Death comes for us all, and she is Death. To Death, the trivial matters of Life have no significance, so are beneath good and evil. Helping to destroy a person is no different to destroying a termite, as Death is Death. That is why Santisima does not judge, regardless of how her power is manifested.

8 Likes

I have known several cartel guys in the past and they all pray to her for a clean death they say. They say they know they’re gonna die they just don’t want it to be a bad death.

5 Likes

I might also argue, and maybe this is projection, as I have certainly thought about awful things happening to people that made me angry, if your thoughts make you evil, then who is there that isn’t? The number of not evil people suddenly becomes quite questionable, and mostly confined those who have not been exposed to reasons to “be evil”.

But most people don’t think of themselves as monsters even when they’re actively criminal, they often justify it, and the evil label is something applied through the judgement of other people.

I agree with this. Evil is in the eye of the beholder, it seems, and is not absolute.

I can think of actions which in certain circumstances are consensual, not judged evil by the participants (maybe so by onlookers with different values), and the same action judged evil by all parties in a different situation.

3 Likes

That really depends on what they did…in the cases of snitches and theft, I have not known that to be true. Sometimes their victims pray/beg for death…this fact is often depicted in movies…

For the record, I was never present for any such things… but as a counselor that specializes in drug and alcohol addiction, I have heard the most awful stories from both victims and perpetrators

1 Like

That’s sooooo true. I’m sometimes baffled by the things people can justify. They’ll explain it as if they did nothing wrong. They will try to make me understand why they did such terrible things… I gently remind them it’s not my place to judge. As a counselor, the rule of thumb is, people only get better if someone helps them. If they feel judged they won’t reach out for help. Anyway, I’ve met a lot of violent offenders and very rarely do they tell me they feel like they’re a bad person. I did have one guy… because he was reflecting and trying to be a better person. He came to the conclusion that his lack of empathy and compassion for other humans made him “bad…” but usually they have a perfectly reasonable explanation in their opinion…

I find it interesting that a lot of these people ( at least the ones that I’ve met) are tormented…they’ll tell me all these terrible things they did to people and then later I’ll discover the same person is having these terrible hallucinations of being persecuted… sometimes I wonder if it’s all related. Like maybe they’re being tormented by their guilty conscience or maybe a spirit is tormenting them…

1 Like

And you’re not biased?

You don’t need a badge to do that. Also, I think you’ll help more without one. In most countries, violence is a monopoly that belongs to the state and, therefore, people taking action is illegal (barring self defense). That’s why the state has to provide you security as a free service. And that’s by definition NOT help, but simple law at work.

4 Likes

i dont think so, every time i experience something new i try to go unbiased, there have been cases where i had approached with bias and i was completely wrong tho lol

hmm…but what if youre aiming for a career in the secret service?

Same principle: people can’t do that. By law. Is a service your government has to provide for your country. Let just say you’re lucky to live in the first world.

2 Likes