Saints that don’t decompose

So in the Catholic faith they have different people called saints that follow the way of being “Christ like” and gain some attributes. Some of the so called faithful saints who followed the teachings and such till there death, still have a fully non decaided body after many years after death. And some saints could be in multiple places at once.

My question is, how and why do theee body’s not decay ) By what power? Thank you!

2 Likes

Why? Because they suck Jesus’ dick more often than normal Christians.

7 Likes

:point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up:
This right here is GOLD!! :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

It depends on many factors, most of which are purely scientific. Much like the “living Buddhas”

4 Likes

The miracles of saints - as I understand it - is nothing more or less than what people do in magick, a spiritual skill, but in a different way. So nothing strange about it. It’s known in many cultures no matter which religion they follow.

The bodies of saints is different story. Most - if not all of them - are fake. Wax bodies over human skeletons. Very obvious if you study the pictures and videos, and compare them with some original photos of those saints when they were alive. Completely different.

I totally believe in their miracles… can’t deny it. It’s a spiritual power gained by spiritual practice for very long years. And somehow remained attached to them after death. But those bodies… I think they’re an invention/creation of the church.

4 Likes

If they are a hoax then the church has another flag on them, and steering people wrong in another dark twisted way. I use to want to be a saint due to my body not to fall apart . Even the thing about the Buddha really shows that it is the spirit pratice to take you there not your religion.

Great answer!

2 Likes

It’s just science, :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

I was hoping someone would pull this out. I’ve seen this before but couldn’t recall who made it.

1 Like

@UnseelieDiabolus, the self-mummification process of the Shokushinbutsu (Living Buddhas) involve spending eight to ten years eating only pine needles, tree bark, resins, seeds, and small stones, after which they parch themselves to death. This is extremely different from the incorruptibility bestowed upon a number of Saints.

That said, the Catholic Church realized that there are many rational, non-miraculous, causes which can cause a body to be found incorrupt, such as soil type or climate. As a result of this, the Catholic Church no longer accepts incorruptibility as a sign of Sainthood.

And even more funny, because part of the rite of Excommunication in the Eastern Orthodox Church the statement, “May the Earth not receive your body.” And there are many cases where excommunicants of the Eastern Orthodox Church have been found incorrupt, but never an Eastern Orthodox Saint, they take it as evidence that they are the true Church and the incorruptibility of Catholic Saints is really the judgment of God, and not a blessing.

3 Likes

And about the mummy’s :wink:
(@Faustus love her stuff)

3 Likes

Lol, and I though you were afraid of going to hell.

1 Like

I am. But I want to revolt.

1 Like

There are all those phenomena: Jeeva Samadhi, rainbow body… About Christian saints, some cases may be genuine but in others, indeed, the use of wax is likely. Also, sometimes a “corpse” or a tongue is said to be in a good condition but maybe it’s meant relatively.

2 Likes