Rules About Offerings

I’ve recently been giving offerings to Prince Sitri for a few months for now and I’ve been wondering if I was doing it wrong for a while now. For example, I’ve switched from daily offerings to offerings of four offerings per week. Prince Sitri gave me a message in a dream that I deciphered through sepher sephiroth that I interpreted as him not minding it as long as it becomes a habit. Is it a general rule that offerings to a spirit you work closely with need to absolutely be daily or is what I’m doing okay? Also, would messing up by accidentally dropping the offering on the altar but then deeply apologizing for it still viewed as disrespectful? On the last part, I only messed up in that way once if that helps.

In your example, based on what you have written, the offering is considered to be a gift more than payment. In this case, think of it this way: how often would you give someone a gift if they were human? Would you give them a gift all the time or when you can/feels appropriate? Is there a point where giving a gift too often loses meaning?

1 Like

That actually makes sense. So would accidentally messing up an offering not matter as long as the intentions are true/good?

I wouldn’t say that is always the case, as it depends on the spirit and your relationship with them. Some spirits are extremely picky and others are pretty laid back. The trick is to follow your gut if you cannot communicate with them and do not have divination methods. And when things seem off, what you did was an appropriate response where you apologize. Much like how you would if you messed up with a good friend.

The Goetic spirits tend to be fairly laid back in terms of offerings and extremely willing to help humans, so I would not worry about it.

2 Likes

That’s great news. One last thing though, I always do a simple bow (the one normally used in East Asian cultures) when giving offerings as a way for me to guarantee that it never gets misinterpreted as being done in a disrespectful way. Is that something that is neither bad nor good or simply unnecessary?

I find it unnecessary myself, but go with what feels appropriate in that moment during ritual.

1 Like

You can always ask a spirit what they prefer as an offering. What they want from you, may be different what they expect from others. Offerings aren’t a one size fits all, it should be personal (in my opinion) between you and said spirit. So as long as the spirit isn’t communicating that they want something different, then your fine. Trust your gut.

3 Likes