Rituals to Contact the HGA?

So most of us have heard of the Holy Guardian Angel and how achieving contact with it is one of the greatest feats an occultist can achieve. But other than the drawn out and nigh impossible (at least in the modern era) Abramelin ritual, how do we contact our HGA? I’ve read in the Holy Daimon by Frater Acher that there are sets of exercises you can do over time but does anyone else on BALG have expertise in this area? Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

There are many different ways. Pick up a copy of 21st Century Mage by Jason Newcomb for a variety of different methods.

The most common, however, seems to be meditation, and use of the Bornless Invocation.

3 Likes

Man you seem like BALG’s go to Angel guy these days. Thank you again! Have you tried any Newcomb’s methods or other methods to achieve contact with your HGA?

2 Likes

Not yet. I haven’t been quite interested enough to fully commit to the process, but I have been considering it for a while now.

2 Likes

There is a shortcut to experience the HGA if you can astral project! The downside is you might not remember the experience and the link fades when you’re back because you aren’t bringing it to the physical but more like visiting it… the important information will surface as needed if you trust it enough.
The trick is when you project is intent to reach it and then keep flying upwards until you loose the sense of direction and get disoriented! You will come across Gods and ascended beings but you have to ignore them and keep going upwards like your life depends on it. I cant tell you what you will find because its your experience and you will know it once you do!

2 Likes

That’s how the past year was for me honestly. Understandable tho. Whatever method one uses, it must be quite the time commitment. Have you read Holy Daimon by Frater Acher by chance?

I see my holy guardian angel as a godform, so I just imagine a bright white light that is awe inspiring and so beautiful that it is hard to look at but I can still catch glimpses of it and it worked well so far. If you gathered enough information then you can step into it eventually and treat it how you would treat a “usual” godform.

I have not read that one.

It’s pretty good but I’ve been having a hard time with the exercises he gives for contacting your Holy Daimon/HGA.

1 Like

I think my ultimate goal is to have a conversation with my HGA, I read Holy Daimon by Frater Acher about 2 weeks ago. I’m not sure I could follow his method - not because it took him so long - It’s just I’m not sure the results for me would be tangible enough… I’m not sure how to explain it… Maybe I was looking for something more ‘explosive’ - it seemed kind of drawn out and subtle… hard work for sure - ha. Not that I’m afraid of the hard work… It just didn’t resonate with me I suppose… It was very interesting to read though.

I really believe I spoke with my HGA whilst astral projecting several years ago. I’d never saw her face before until that night and I haven’t saw her since. I still remember her like yesterday - and every moment of that experience… She was pretty annoyed by my questions though…

Was it my HGA? Pfffff - Listen, I’m the biggest skeptic of them all - but there was just something about that whole experience that was like nothing else. I’ve been unable to get back there since…

1 Like

I feel the same about Frater Acher’s exercises. Not enough pizazz to really do it for me. I was kind of hoping for something a tad bit more ceremonial since it’s the HGA but the book was definitely informative. I won’t be able to do the Abramelin method either tho as I work full time.

I think I’ll try to come up with a method to contact the HGA using some Middle Pillar exercises and Bornless One invocations over a several month period. Maybe an offering and angelic invocation here and there. I’m just waiting to get my initiation in Quimbanda before I start a work like the HGA. I’ll probably need to read some more in the mean time.

1 Like

The Abramelin Operation is doable even if you’re working full time. In the book itself, it says that even servants and slaves can do it, if they make the effort but, of course, it’s preferable if you have the time.

If you’re looking for another way to approach it, Nick Farrell has a book called Helios Unbound, which details basically what is a pagan version of the Abramelin Operation. It’s meant to do away with the Christian influences inherent in the original, so it calls upon Greek deities, and rather than refer to the Holy Guardian Angel, Farrell calls it the Higher Genius.

It’s a 7 month operation and @anon39079500 is currently journalling his experience with it here if you’re interested.

I feel it’s also important to note that the HGA is not an angel in the traditional sense of the word. Crowley deliberately used the term Holy Guardian Angel as sort of a tongue -in-cheek joke when he first translated the Sacred Magic of Abramelin the Mage, and the name just stuck.

7 Likes

I really don’t mind the Christian influence. But the pagan version might be interesting to look into as well. Thanks for sharing all of this. I think reading that journal might also be helpful.

2 Likes

The book is good and informative. I’m unsure how much is the author’s opinion as opposed to what the historical references actually say. I don’t really know how many of the rituals are actually necessary, but I’m still working through it with as few alterations as possible.

2 Likes

I highly recommend this @FraterMagni

1 Like

I saw you mention that it’s political. I’m glad you brought that up in your journal. Whenever magicians try to shoehorn their political ideologies into books as if they are fact it always gives me a sour taste. Magick is way too politicized today.

1 Like

Here and there it is political. A word or two, sentence. No droning on about it for pages though. Otherwise, I would’ve just set it aside.

1 Like

A simple method is to get into your ritual space, set everything up like an Evocation, then recite either the Orphic Hymn to the Genius, or the Prayer to get into contact with the Genius in Arbatel, then ask you Genius to appear to you so that you may speak with them.

6 Likes