Ritual Tools Finding You

I found a censor in a second hand shop for 7 euro when I know they cost way more. I had been on the end of some great luck and wondered why I had gotten barred from using the tram for the day for arguing with the ticket-master , I know why but had that not happen, I wouldn’t have been walking and found the shop ,so getting thrown off the tram, worked out for me in the end as i had been searching for a censor for ages but wasn’t willing to pay the hundreds of euro some sites are asking for, mine looks exactly like one for two hundred euro but without the chains for hanging or swinging it.

I want to know what people think of the silver plated object as a censor and have ritual objects found their way into people’s lives coincidently or otherwise??

Yes, all the time, they seem to have lives and wills of their own!

That censor looks nice but it’s not something I know a lot about. But a big hell yes to them finding their way into your life! :smiley:

Do you guys happen to know if its possible to purchase a black scrying mirror online on any European website?

I’m not located in Europe, but I do know at least one online site that sells them pre-made in several different sizes, including black obsidian slabs. They are located in the U.S. but they deliver internationally. They stopped carrying the square and rectangular mirrors for some reason and switched to round, but I’m pretty sure they accept Euros, AUD and GBP currencies too. Not sure how much duty taxes would be, but here is the link if interested. I’ll let you know if I find anything more helpful.

http://www.azuregreen.net/Scrying-Mirrors/products/101/

I’m not located in Europe, but I do know at least one online site that sells them pre-made in several different sizes, including black obsidian slabs. They are located in the U.S. but they deliver internationally. They stopped carrying the square and rectangular mirrors for some reason and switched to round, but I’m pretty sure they accept Euros, AUD and GBP currencies too. Not sure how much duty taxes would be, but here is the link if interested. I’ll let you know if I find anything more helpful.

http://www.azuregreen.net/Scrying-Mirrors/products/101/[/quote]

Yea its mainly the tax thin that bothers me, i don’t like paying toll customs for my items… That’s why i preferably order from Europe, the laws suck since the limit was like if its over 30 euros you will have to pay toll…

I found some from amazon UK but the prices are of course higher :I

Here’s an obsidian mirror selling site

http://www.spectrumwellbeing.co.uk/acatalog/scryingmirrors.htm

Yes , its a site selling them for about 40 $, i want to buy one myself, its next on the list after i buy copious amounts of copal and other resins for my censor.

There is another censor in the shop made of brass, looks like a genies lamp, i should probably buy it and sell it on as they cost up to 100 euros especially for the size of this brass one , that’s left

Yes, all the time, they seem to have lives and wills of their own!

That censor looks nice but it’s not something I know a lot about. But a big hell yes to them finding their way into your life! :D[/quote]

Thanks , I know you don’t haven much experience with them but do you think it could have been used previously for similar reasons or does it look like a Georgian Sugar bowl :-p. ?

Honestly, I think if it works as a censor and it found its way to you when you were looking for one, it’s your censor - no matter its past life! :wink:

I’m an animist and believe that everything is alive, with its own spirit and a kind of oversoul in some cases (like crystals and metals), so what it was before isn’t important - if it works now, then that’s all that matters.

That’s not me being fluffy, that’s like over 20 years of finding and using various items in magick, ritual, etc., and discovering that they’re perfect - but you have to ntrust yourself, and them, and not overthink it. JMO! :slight_smile:

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:8, topic:5502”]Honestly, I think if it works as a censor and it found its way to you when you were looking for one, it’s your censor - no matter its past life! :wink:

I’m an animist and believe that everything is alive, with its own spirit and a kind of oversoul in some cases (like crystals and metals), so what it was before isn’t important - if it works now, then that’s all that matters.

That’s not me being fluffy, that’s like over 20 years of finding and using various items in magick, ritual, etc., and discovering that they’re perfect - but you have to ntrust yourself, and them, and not overthink it. JMO! :)[/quote]

The thoughts , opinions and words you have conveyed to me I value immensely, when you share its like from how my spirit feels already. :*)

What i mean is , your like my “Jimeny Cricket” when it comes to matters of conscience, overall most comments, conveying what my mind is already thinking :slight_smile:

What Lady Eva said about, it’s your censor now since it found you, is true. I too believe that some objects are alive with energy from the past. I have visited my local metaphysical shop, the one ran by the christian guy and his wiccan wife (although they are very nice people and non-judgemental) and I felt an energy pulling me towards a basket I could not see inside, it was too tall, but when I looked inside it was full of mixed gems and crystals. And this blue one kept pulling me towards it.

When I picked it up, I could feel massive positive energy pouring into my left hand. I think the previous owner may have used it for gemstone magick and did not cleanse the gem before they sold it to the shop owner. I still have no damn clue what kinda stone it is, I have looked thru my entire collection of gem indentification books and no luck. Maybe I will post a pic here sometime. But objects can find you thru energy forces. I sold a gemstone online the other day and the customer left me positive feedback saying the energy I received from this stone and from the package in general is very strong and it feels amazing, will shop here again! I forgot to cleanse the stone before I sold it to her. But I have had many customers tell me I left my energy on whatever item they bought and that they love it.

[quote=“RavensAscent, post:10, topic:5502”]What Lady Eva said about, it’s your censor now since it found you, is true. I too believe that some objects are alive with energy from the past. I have visited my local metaphysical shop, the one ran by the christian guy and his wiccan wife (although they are very nice people and non-judgemental) and I felt an energy pulling me towards a basket I could not see inside, it was too tall, but when I looked inside it was full of mixed gems and crystals. And this blue one kept pulling me towards it.

When I picked it up, I could feel massive positive energy pouring into my left hand. I think the previous owner may have used it for gemstone magick and did not cleanse the gem before they sold it to the shop owner. I still have no damn clue what kinda stone it is, I have looked thru my entire collection of gem indentification books and no luck. Maybe I will post a pic here sometime. But objects can find you thru energy forces. I sold a gemstone online the other day and the customer left me positive feedback saying the energy I received from this stone and from the package in general is very strong and it feels amazing, will shop here again! I forgot to cleanse the stone before I sold it to her. But I have had many customers tell me I left my energy on whatever item they bought and that they love it.[/quote]

I PM’d a few people to see if there’s any chance it looks like someone would have use it to evocate before and could it have an unwelcome guest.
That reminds me, bring gallon drum of tap water down to local church to get blessed.

lady eva is right. synchronicity is your friend.

why pay the high prices? just get yourself an ordinary round picture frame, some mugwort or clary sage essential oil with extra virgin olive oil, spray bottle, and black spraypaint and make your own. pour the olive oil into the spray bottle, then pour a few drops of the essential oil into the bottle, enough to give it a strong smell of the oil you are using but not enough to overpower you, just strong enough to give you a feeling. shake it up and spray the entire back of the mirror with the oil. then spraypaint the back of the mirror with black paint a few times until the mirror is opaque. put the mirro in the case and you’re done - your own magick mirror. you can do the whole thing for around $15. no need to pay import, you can get a lot of the ingredients from a convenience store or supermarket for a low price.

You’ll have something bigger than John Dee’s mirror as well - I know, I’ve been to see it face-to-face twice in the last month! :slight_smile:

His scrying crystal ball was also the size of a glfball, which surprised me a bit, I thought it would be more like this:

Of course I’d love to get them out and give them a try, but the nice people at the British Museum probably won’t play along with that. But seriously making one is more in line with the traditions anyway as far as I know.

[quote=“the fool, post:12, topic:5502”]lady eva is right. synchronicity is your friend.
Thanks
I hope to stay in this frequency of good luck and good vibrations, some have told me they have been getting good vibes from me and are drawn to me dully ,i really feel like i need to help others in a karma like sense as to keep my life at the moment , in the healthy balance it’s in.

why pay the high prices? just get yourself an ordinary round picture frame, some mugwort or clary sage essential oil with extra virgin olive oil, spray bottle, and black spraypaint and make your own. pour the olive oil into the spray bottle, then pour a few drops of the essential oil into the bottle, enough to give it a strong smell of the oil you are using but not enough to overpower you, just strong enough to give you a feeling. shake it up and spray the entire back of the mirror with the oil. then spraypaint the back of the mirror with black paint a few times until the mirror is opaque. put the mirro in the case and you’re done - your own magick mirror. you can do the whole thing for around $15. no need to pay import, you can get a lot of the ingredients from a convenience store or supermarket for a low price.[/quote]

I read about making ones own scrying mirror, by buying a clear see through plate and painting it black with spray paint , both sides making sure not to get drips or clots, i just felt like obsidian being made from lava but then so is glass, well its made from sand, though the Aztecs and Mayans used obsidian so i thought it would hold more power even if its just a psychosomatic effect .

My mirror is also a simple picture frame, but I used black acrylic paint on the back made by Liquitex. It works great, no mess like there would be with using spray paint, it sticks to the surface with no problems and only takes a few coats. And a frame is safer to hold than a loose glass piece, cutting yourself wise.

I flipped a few years back when I saw the prices. Almost $50 for a 2" piece of obsidian or $89 for a 5" glass mirror. So I made my own and this was before I ever read about making your own, didn’t know if it would work but it does, then I later read that others do this too.

[quote=“the fool, post:12, topic:5502”]lady eva is right. synchronicity is your friend.

why pay the high prices? just get yourself an ordinary round picture frame, some mugwort or clary sage essential oil with extra virgin olive oil, spray bottle, and black spraypaint and make your own. pour the olive oil into the spray bottle, then pour a few drops of the essential oil into the bottle, enough to give it a strong smell of the oil you are using but not enough to overpower you, just strong enough to give you a feeling. shake it up and spray the entire back of the mirror with the oil. then spraypaint the back of the mirror with black paint a few times until the mirror is opaque. put the mirro in the case and you’re done - your own magick mirror. you can do the whole thing for around $15. no need to pay import, you can get a lot of the ingredients from a convenience store or supermarket for a low price.[/quote]

In this country everything is so expensive anyways, that its about the same to order a “ready to use” one : D. No clue if they sell mugworth or sage oils here either, but extra virgin olive oil at least is easy to get.

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:13, topic:5502”]You’ll have something bigger than John Dee’s mirror as well - I know, I’ve been to see it face-to-face twice in the last month! :slight_smile:

Of course I’d love to get them out and give them a try, but the nice people at the British Museum probably won’t play along with that. But seriously making one is more in line with the traditions anyway as far as I know.[/quote]

Lady Eva,

As you can see when comparing your recent photo with the one I took last year, someone has had their lucky hands on Dee’s tools as their positions have been shifted around a bit. I’m very envious of your geography. London rocks. The British Museum rocks and it’s free. And if my memory serves me right, Atlantis books is just a block away with some of the original Golden Dawn tools hanging on the walls as well as an Austin Osman Spare original that you won’t find in any books by or about him.

I love the British Museum. I could spend countless hours there.
I was thinking about this exhibit a few days ago, standing there in front of these historical occult artifacts like Dee’s Seal of God sitting there in the lower right of my pic. Nothing but a pane of glass between me and one of the most important pieces of occult history just beyond my fingertips. It made me salivate wishing I could just grip it in my hands for a few minutes.

I tried to “boot it up” and it seemed to have a (clairvoyantly visible) glow on the lines but then it faltered due to the large amount of damage to one edge - I don’t know for sure but I got the impression it’s broken now, and I didn’t have time to try and find the right angle to use the mirror because the gallery was busy both times and I didn’t want to draw attention to myself. :slight_smile:

I didn’t take that photo myself, found it online, but yes, someone’s been moving things, though to 99% of the population of course these are little more than a historical curiosity… they have severed heads of mummies displayed in that same room (representing the beginnings of archeology and exploration) and the same applies there, forgetting they were someone’s son, daughter. parent, etc…