Azanigin, also referred to as “Mother of All Demons”, is a fairly obscure demon within demonology. She is said to embody all the qualities of fertility goddesses although she has a darker side in the form of vampiric attributes. Azanigin is said to have existed early before the advent of solar entities and sun-based deities – she is a lunar demon with Saturnian influences.
This demon is described as a feminine force who can be summoned for the attainment of vampiric attainment. Liber 333 states the following regarding this demon “ key to vampiric attainment is communion with AZANIGIN. The death experienced in initiation is followed by the rain of mercy that AZANIGIN will give to you. Only the worthy will receive her gift of the highest red elixir. You will come to know her as your mother. It is in the infinite black of her womb that our rebirth takes form. ”
From the above statement, it is evident that there is a sinister side to this demon as associated with vampirism. There is a Baphometic meaning to this demon as well tied with the notion of sacrifice and bloodletting. The demon impacts upon one’s psychology as they are forced to confront their shortcomings thereby impacting upon their ego.
It is noteworthy that this demon is not mentioned within most mainstream grimories. Similarly, there are no mentions of Azanigin within old Graeco-Roman or ancient Middle Eastern mythologies. She is only stated to be third in command to the god of fire as well as the initiator of the cthonic bloodline within ancient classical text. It is also suggested that there may be some relation between Azanigin and Baphomet or that they could both be brides of Satanas within the underworld realm.
The status of this demon as representing the early fertility of the earth prior to the advent of agricultural cultures and pantheons that were more focused on solar worship. The most defining statement offered for the origins of this demon is “Mother of all demons who lie waiting in Earth in the pantheon of the Order of the Nine Angels.”
Rank: Mother of all demons, mother of the few
Tarot: ATU X
Planet: Saturn / Moon
Mineral: Alchemical salt
Incense: Petriochol / Hazel / Henbane / Ash
The manifestation of Azanigin is said to take on the outlook of a feminine energy. She is said to be a serpentine hooded goddess who appears together with three other feminine entities. The three other women are dressed in flowing green robes standing around a small pool of bubbling liquid. One of the women smiles and throws glowing gems into the pool, another gazes intently into a crystal tetrahedron she holds aloft, and the third woman holds a snake that is coiled around her palm. There is a hooded figure behind an ash tree in the background shielding his / her face with the sleeve of the robe.
Artist’s impression of Azanigin
The “Demonic Enns” of Azanigin
Liftoach Pandemonium, et germinet Azanigin
Veni, veni, o comitis Azanigin
Agia Ha Azanigin, Aperiatur Terra et germinet Draugr
The sigil of Azanigin
Similar demons to Azanigin
Attributes of Azanigin
- This demon can be called forth to restore order within a person’s life especially if they feel that it is getting disorganized. This is done through the invocation of a pathway through a painful process although it usually comes to fruition.
- Azanigin can also be invoked for more sinister purposes as consistent with her darker side. Surviving the moon initiation process causes one to bear the psychological scars of the union with Azanigin forever but also having drank the menstrual elixir of the goddess.
- This demon is also able to affect the Causal realm as a representative of the tripartite as she is the Dark Goddess of Wyrd. She is also correlated with the Kundalini serpent and able to influence blood centers and the flow of energy.
- The process of initiation and bonding with this demon bears the risk of fatality although there are untold rewards to be had if one manages to come out at the other side alive.
When to summon Azanigin
Azanigin is able to influence the Causal realm and can therefore influence the course of proceedings within one’s life albeit at her own discretion.
- The sigil of the demon
- Petriochol / Hazel / Henbane / Ash incense
- Green candles
- Quartz tetrahedron
Ritual Time: She is a lunar demon and it best to summon her under the cover of darkness.
- The ritual for communing with this demon is very painful for the first time and bears the risk of fatality. It is therefore important for only experienced conjurors attempt to invoke this demon.
- It is necessary to accord the demon utmost respect during rituals. She has a distinctly sinister side and is very potent thus increasing the necessity of a desirable outcome.
- The conjuror should also take care to protect themselves from otherworldly energies by mentally picturing a protection circle and entering it.
- In order to prepare for the commune, the conjuror is advised to make liberal use of psychoactive substances such as marijuana or datura. Alternatively, one can engage in fasting or sleep reduction.
- After chanting the Diabolus three times, the conjuror should face the altar and drop blood on the demon’s sigil as well as the quartz tetrahedron.
- The following should be spoken with deliberation: “ I STAND HERE AT THE EDGE OF THE WORLD BLOODIED AND AT YOUR FEET. MOTHER OF THE TREE, QUEEN OF PHYSIS, TRIPLE GODDESS OF WYRD, MISTRESS OF THE EARTH. AGIA HA AZANIGIN AGIA HA BAPHOMET (2x). MOTHER OF THE DRAUGR, SHE WHO WEARS THE SERPENT HOOD AND HOLDS THE KEYS TO KAOS. STRIP ME BARE, CULL THE DROSS FROM MY WORLD, KILL THE WEAK AROUND ME, AND CASTE ME IN YOUR IMAGE .”
- The conjuror should move around the sigil / altar in a counterclockwise motion while holding the quartz tetrahedron making a spiral motion towards the altar.
- The conjuror should drop on all fours before the crystal and chant the demon’s enn with intent.
- Self flagellation with 99 to 333 lashes before the altar should follow while chanting BINAN ATH GA WATH AM.
- The conjuror should then meditate for an hour before the altar while offering the incense whereupon the demon’s manifestation occurs within the smoke and flames of the offering…I get this information from @BLACKWITCHCOVEN